2023 Transfer Portal News Thread

76,211 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Know Your Enemy
hogfan14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MarcAg said:

rlb28 said:

Auburn guard Allen Flanigan in portal. Averaged 10 ppg, 5 rebounds

Arkansas kid, so watch for the Hogs here.
Arkansas has enough guards and the Flanigan family has been a thorn in Arkansas' side both on the court and in recruiting over the years so I wouldn't think so haha
rlb28
AG
7'1 NC State center Isaiah Miranda is in the portal. Consensus four-star recruit and top-60 player in Class of 2022. Did not play for NC State last year as he became eligible mid-year.
Know Your Enemy
AG
rlb28 said:

7'1 NC State center Isaiah Miranda is in the portal. Consensus four-star recruit and top-60 player in Class of 2022. Did not play for NC State last year as he became eligible mid-year.

Javonte Brown replacement?
LawHall88
AG
We recruited this guy pretty hard out of high school.
HotardRat
AG
Is he really one of the biggest names? Doesn't seem like it.
Method Man
He's really good.
Method Man
He's no Thon Maker but he can play.
EliteZags
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

rlb28 said:

Javonte Brown replacement?

Ashton Smith replacement
rlb28
AG
The #32 ranked player from the class of 2022 has entered the portal.

Ernest Udeh, 6'10, is leaving Kansas after one year. He was a McDonald's All-American.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Ernest-Udeh-Jr-transfer-Kansas-basketball-big-man-leaving-KU-210064756/

Quote:

Udeh saw his playing time fluctuate during his freshman season at KU but he finished the year as KU's first big man off the bench. He started the season as KU's first big man off the bench but things shifted when KU traveled to Battle 4 Atlantis. Udeh didn't play against Wisconsin and only played double digit minutes once in between the Thanksgiving tournament and late January. But when he returned to the rotation, he held his place through the end of the season.

In the end, Udeh averaged 2.6 points and 1.8 rebounds per game in 8.3 minutes per game.
rlb28
AG
Creighton's 6'7 forward Arthur Kaluma is in the portal. He averaged 12 ppg, 6 reb.
HotardRat
AG
I watched every KU game last year. He improved as the year went on, but more often than not, he was very invisible.
txags11
AG
I do like Kaluma's game a lot but I wonder if he benefitted from Kalkbrenner and Nebhard being on the floor with him.
rlb28
AG
Kruz Perrott-Hunt is a pretty deadly shooter who hopped in the portal last night. He originally said he was turning pro to play overseas.

A 6'3 guard from South Dakota averaged 14.6 ppg the last 2 years and has shot 40% from 3 in his career. Hit 42% from 3 last year.
rlb28
AG
Crazy times!

rlb28
AG
rlb28 said:

Texas Tech

Texas Tech
rlb28
AG
Ole Miss gets a big man... 6'10 Moussa Cisse transferred from Okie State. Origianally signed and played 1 year for Memphis. Is a former five-star, ranked #12 nationally coming out of HS.

Averaged 7 pts, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks for the Cowboys.
HotardRat
AG
3rd team in 3 years? I'm sure THIS will DEFINITELY be the one that lets him really break out.
rlb28
AG
he played at OSU for 2 years. Not sure about him "breaking out", but I'd take a big that averaged 8 rebounds and 2 blocks.
MarcAg
AG
HotardRat said:

3rd team in 3 years? I'm sure THIS will DEFINITELY be the one that lets him really break out.
They are picking him up to likely be their backup which is pretty good pickup. They already picked up the leading shot blocker in the country.
MarcAg
AG

Auburn being a finalist makes me not so optimistic. Maybe the Dominican connection at A&M helps
LawHall88
AG
MarcAg said:

Auburn being a finalist makes me not so optimistic. Maybe the Dominican connection at A&M helps
LPCAg
LawHall88
AG
MarcAg said:

Speaking of the Dominican connection...
MarcAg
AG
He chose Auburn
miller0926
AG
Method Man
This kid is better than the two we brought in. Sucks. Goes to a conference rival we beat on the reg. Woof.
FTAG 2000
AG
miller0926 said:

Aggie NIL too busy spending cash on a boston college OL who played four games last year. This AD is a friggin joke. 250k could have gotten this kid but hey we got other priorities (saving Jimbo's job for his regent homeboys).
Hop
Staff
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

miller0926 said:

Aggie NIL too busy spending cash on a boston college OL who played four games last year. This AD is a friggin joke. 250k could have gotten this kid but hey we got other priorities (saving Jimbo's job for his regent homeboys).

The BC OL didn't take money away from the Basketball NIL budget.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Come on Hop, no need to bring facts to an uneducated rant now.
Know Your Enemy
AG
HotardRat
AG
Ugh
FTAG 2000
AG
Hop said:

FTAG 2000 said:

miller0926 said:

The BC OL didn't take money away from the Basketball NIL budget.
Good to hear we actually have a basketball NIL budget. Progress.
LawHall88
AG
My guess is he'll go pro, but...
LawHall88
AG
KK to UALR...
rlb28
AG
hogfan14 said:

MarcAg said:

rlb28 said:

Auburn guard Allen Flanigan in portal. Averaged 10 ppg, 5 rebounds

Arkansas kid, so watch for the Hogs here.
Arkansas has enough guards and the Flanigan family has been a thorn in Arkansas' side both on the court and in recruiting over the years so I wouldn't think so haha
Flanigan to Ole Miss

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.