2023 Transfer Portal News Thread

76,199 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Know Your Enemy
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TopoTacos
AG
This dude would be a perfect fit for us on the wing, and clearly he wrote the T in Texas A&M in large dark lettering to indicate "(T)his is the team I want to go to"
LawHall88
AG
TXAGBQ76
AG
This could be an interesting take…

Tennessee basketball forward Olivier Nkamhoua entered the NCAA transfer portal Thursday, according to the Knoxville News Sentinel.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Thanks for the info but if "mental health" is their exception then I assume it will still be pretty easy to get a waiver approved.
Tom Izzo says mental health 'big reason' for transfer waivers

Quote:

Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo said he has "no faith" in the NCAA's plan to limit the immediate eligibility exceptions for two-time transfers because players will continue to use issues such as mental health to earn waivers.
Method Man
Mental health should be diagnosed by a licensed clinician and not just a player pretending so he can leave his school. Also, if his mental health is so bad why rush back to basketball? Why not take a year off to help your mental health? Oh, because it's 99.9% BS and no one wants to say it is.
Gap
AG
Method Man said:

Mental health should be diagnosed by a licensed clinician and not just a player pretending so he can leave his school. Also, if his mental health is so bad why rush back to basketball? Why not take a year off to help your mental health? Oh, because it's 99.9% BS and no one wants to say it is.
You can get diagnosed and get your meds without even seeing a doctor in person. The fancy word is telemedicine or telehealth. Hims & Hers Health (NASDAQ: HIMS) has a $2 billion plus market cap doing just this.I believe they started with prescription hair loss and anti-aging cream and have now moved into the more powerful stuff. Actress Kristen Bell is doing well as she was in early as their mental health ambassador.

Know Your Enemy
AG
Method Man said:

Couldn't disagree more with this statement. I'm sure plenty of players will use it as an excuse to get a waiver but ignoring the mental health issue in this country is a huge reason why we see so many shootings and suicides. Count yourself lucky if you don't have to deal with anything like this. And "taking a year off" is ridiculous. Time isn't going to magically heal anything and you can function as you're getting help to deal with whatever issues you may be experiencing.
rlb28
AG
nm
Mikeyshooter
AG
Tramon Mark testing the waters and also in the portal. Can we forward some STACK subs to him like right now please?
TXAGBQ76
AG
I'm pretty sure STACKED money isn't gonna put a dent in what he wants. Now you can join up with the 12th Man+ program and donate as much as you want to specific sports and maybe even players.
LawHall88
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Jameer Nelson Jr. - Delaware - Season averages: 20.6 points, 4.6 rebounds, 3.6 assists

https://bluehens.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/jameer-nelson-jr-/26575
LawHall88
AG
Topher17
AG
MarcAg
AG
Topher17 said:

That seems like an odd decision by him. He would be a heck of a pickup
Topher17
AG
He is going to get PAID.

I would love if we could land him, but I would think he is destined for a place higher in the CBB pecking order than A&M or going to reunite with Tang at KSU.
MarcAg
AG
Topher17 said:

He is going to get PAID.

I would love if we could land him, but I would think he is destined for a place higher in the CBB pecking order than A&M or going to reunite with Tang at KSU.

I think he ends up at Baylor
HotardRat
AG

This is exactly who we need. Watched UNT a lot this year.
Topher17
AG
Surely going to Tech, right?
HotardRat
AG
I'll ask my cousin. He's on the team.
FTAG 2000
AG
HotardRat said:

This is exactly who we need. Watched UNT a lot this year.

Expect more
HotardRat
AG
What do you mean?
FTAG 2000
AG
HotardRat said:

What do you mean?

Every good player at UNT gonna transfer out. Most going to Tech but a couple are going free market.
Method Man
Big Momma's transfer portal.
Hittag1492
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Method Man said:

Couldn't disagree more with this statement. I'm sure plenty of players will use it as an excuse to get a waiver but ignoring the mental health issue in this country is a huge reason why we see so many shootings and suicides. Count yourself lucky if you don't have to deal with anything like this. And "taking a year off" is ridiculous. Time isn't going to magically heal anything and you can function as you're getting help to deal with whatever issues you may be experiencing.
You can believe mental health is an extremely important issue and still believe that its use in these transfers is BS. While not likely 99%, it is certainly being abused-further weakening the case for those who have actual issues. Also-why would one have to transfer for this mysterious mental health issue? The rash of mental health issues causing a player to transfer specifically is a phenomenon. Treatment for mental health issues is available just about anywhere-what, specifically, causes the need to transfer?
MarcAg
AG
Ive been waiting for this one for some time. Go get him

taylorswift13
AG
Friend of Obaseki and Taylow! Come on home Harrison! Would definitely start at the 3! Not the best shooter but is a strong defensive player! Only 31% from 3!
MarcAg
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Friend of Obaseki and Taylow! Come on home Harrison! Would definitely start at the 3! Not the best shooter but is a strong defensive player! Only 31% from 3!

He does a little bit of everything. Good passer. Good scorer. Good rebounder. Not a star, but a guy that could start for us either in Dexter's spot or possibly pushing Coleman to the bench.
Method Man
Can he make layups and dunk with people around him?
MarcAg
AG
Method Man said:

Can he make layups and dunk with people around him?

1. Yes
2. Not really.

Can he dunk? Yes. I don't consider him a plus athlete. But occasionally he can do things like this.
Method Man
He dunked on someone.
EastTX_Ag21
AG
FTAG 2000
AG
EastTX_Ag21 said:

Arky's hoops NIL setup is light years ahead of ours.

In for the disappointment.
buzzweeyums

frenchtoast

Not really unexpected based on his minutes played. I wish him well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.