2023 Transfer Portal News Thread

76,219 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Know Your Enemy
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LawHall88
AG
MarcAg
AG
LawHall88 said:

Would not be a wow pickup, but he's as an upgrade over Gordon.
AggieNattie
5-star Stanford transfer Harrison Ingram having an in-house visit in Aggieland. Seems like Taylor knows him too.
Ags #1
AG
Lj cryer to houston…opps didnt go back a page. Already posted
Know Your Enemy
AG
AggieNattie said:

5-star Stanford transfer Harrison Ingram having an in-house visit in Aggieland. Seems like Taylor knows him too.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
We need a big recruiting or portal win like he would represent!

A former Stanford student should be impressed with our book-reading, philosopher-coach!

Let's reel him in, Buzz!
MarcAg
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

A former Stanford student should be impressed with our book-reading, philosopher-coach!

Let's reel him in, Buzz!

Now we Just need to beat out at least 3 schools who have recently won a national championship
jja79
AG
AggieNattie said:

Does he live in College Station? I would think in home means where he lives. KU gets the official so wouldn't they the favorite?
MarcAg
AG
jja79 said:

AggieNattie said:

Does he live in College Station? I would think in home means where he lives. KU gets the official so wouldn't they the favorite?
A&M will either be going to his home in DFW or they will be going out to Stanford area and meeting with him there.
jja79
AG
I was responding to the posts saying in home in Aggieland.
rlb28
AG
Hogs grab another transfer... Jeremiah Davenport a career 10 ppg scorer at Cincy. A big 6'7 shooting guard.

Method Man
We well beat them 2/3 times next season and they'll go further in the tourney. Sisiphus is jealous.
rlb28
AG
Method Man
Know Your Enemy
AG
Too bad A&M will never take basketball this seriously.
LawHall88
AG
LawHall88 said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B!
MarcAg said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

Let's reel him in, Buzz!

Now we Just need to beat out at least 3 schools who have recently won a national championship

We were one ALMOST MADE end of game basket away from our own championship - at the 2022 NIT.

But, seriously - doesn't Taylor's relationship with Ingram from their days playing AAU and HIgh School.bball in DFW area give the Ags a unique advantage? - or do Baylor, UNC, and KU have payers on their rosters with similar relationships with this kid?

I really don't know. But, if Ingram is a smart kid (like Taylor is) from a schoolwork/academic point if view - he might enjoy book reading lists from his head coach and things along those lines - not to mention the academic environment at A&M - depending on his major area of focus in his studies.
Bunk Moreland

McGibblets
AG
MarcAg
AG
McGibblets said:

Not a bad weekend to get him on campus
awrollins

Seems like he'd be a solid add! Especially because he was only a freshman last year…
GrayMatter
AG
If he can play for Frank Martin, I'm sure he'll be fine with Buzz.
El Mero Mero 14
GrayMatter said:

If he can play for Frank Martin, I'm sure he'll be fine with Buzz.
Martin loves his hispanic ball players, and they usually end up very solid for him.
MarcAg
AG
People starting to project Ingram to Kansas
Know Your Enemy
AG
MarcAg said:

Makes sense. He was always a distant longshot for A&M in my mind. Really hope Marble can bring Abmas to Aggieland though.
MarcAg
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

MarcAg said:

Makes sense. He was always a distant longshot for A&M in my mind. Really hope Marble can bring Abmas to Aggieland though.

I think that might be a bigger long shot. Helps they are friends, but Abmas is better player than Ingram so he is going to get even more interest than Ingram.
Know Your Enemy
AG
MarcAg said:

Know Your Enemy said:

MarcAg said:

I think that might be a bigger long shot. Helps they are friends, but Abmas is better player than Ingram so he is going to get even more interest than Ingram.
Ingram was a 5* out of HS and Abmas a 2*. I get that Abmas has been very good in college but he also only has 1 year of eligibility left. Ingram has only played one season and was the Pac12 Freshman of the Year so he seems like more of a blue blood kind of player.
MarcAg
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

MarcAg said:

Know Your Enemy said:

MarcAg said:

Ingram was a 5* out of HS and Abmas a 2*. I get that Abmas has been very good in college but he also only has 1 year of eligibility left. Ingram has only played one season and was the Pac12 Freshman of the Year so he seems like more of a blue blood kind of player.

It's not even close to me. Abmas significantly better than Ingram. Also Ingram has played two years of college ball
Know Your Enemy
AG
You're right, he did play 2 years at Stanford. My bad.

My argument isn't that Ingram is currently the better player. Only that his profile screams more blue blood where Abmas is more of a grinder type that we would actually have a shot of landing out of the portal.
MarcAg
AG
We saw power conference programs have success in the tourney this year with small school transfers. Markquis Nowell of Kansas St was a prime example. He was a 2 star recruit by ESPN. I think all the success you saw by these transfers from smaller schools is only going to make the big boys go after them even more. Abmas might be the replacement for Nowell at KSU next year. Longhorns pushing very hard as well
jja79
AG
MarcAg said:

When his list came out at only KU got a campus visit it seemed done.
FTAG 2000
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

MarcAg said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

Let's reel him in, Buzz!

We were one ALMOST MADE end of game basket away from our own championship - at the 2022 NIT.

But, seriously - doesn't Taylor's relationship with Ingram from their days playing AAU and HIgh School.bball in DFW area give the Ags a unique advantage? - or do Baylor, UNC, and KU have payers on their rosters with similar relationships with this kid?

I really don't know. But, if Ingram is a smart kid (like Taylor is) from a schoolwork/academic point if view - he might enjoy book reading lists from his head coach and things along those lines - not to mention the academic environment at A&M - depending on his major area of focus in his studies.

Relationships are nice. NIL collectives are better
miller0926
AG
LawHall88
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.