Aggie Volleyball - The Morrison Edition

147,070 Views | 1277 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Anchorhold
stoneca
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You are missing too much on multiple A&M sports by being a Scrooge! ESPN+ does not cost too much!
flintdragon
AG
stoneca said:

You are missing too much on multiple A&M sports by being a Scrooge! ESPN+ does not cost too much!
LOL With SEC network, 95% of all Aggie games are available!
Aceswimmer09
Yes the do, just select the sport and scroll over to the correct game
taylorswift13
AG
Good morning Ags! Our ladies take set 1 25-16! The block has been doing well for us!
LRAG97
AG
Ags take the first set over Loyola 25-16
taylorswift13
AG
Game can be streamed here

https://www.youtube.com/live/HJ0Om2ZMB70?si=o7KymTefkETHBMq1
taylorswift13
AG
Our girls take set 2 25-21
taylorswift13
AG
6 straight sets won
taylorswift13
AG
AGGIES WIN AGGIES WIN AGGIES WIN

3-0 SWEEP!

Our Aggies are 5-0 and have won 7 straight sets!

They have beaten 4 straight teams who made the tournament last season!, sweeping 3 of them!
Swollen Thumb
AG
Looked really good I thought! Great start to the season!

So does anyone know the reason for the one-legged spandex Hogan is wearing? Saw some Nebraska girls wearing them also (on different legs). My daughters didn't know so we are curious.
Gap
AG
Our home opener is Thursday night. Get out and support our team and Coach Morrison!

We have games on Thursday (Utah St.), Friday (Northern Iowa), and Saturday (TCU) next weekend at Reed Arena.

Chapa96
AG
taylorswift13 said:

LONG BEACH STATE TAKES DOWN THE NUMBER ONE longhorns
Stanford lost to San Diego but then sweeps tu in Austin.
ProwessBold
AG
Chapa96 said:

taylorswift13 said:

LONG BEACH STATE TAKES DOWN THE NUMBER ONE longhorns
Stanford lost to San Diego but then sweeps tu in Austin.

Tenn just took Wisc to 5 (15-13). Going to be a fun season!
Ag4eva95
They are compression leggings for injuries, if helps with blood flow and helping with pain management. Sometimes girls use it precautionary reasons if they are injury prone
Wicked Good Ag
Stanford lost to Florida not San Diego
Artimus Gordon

2. Stanford. 3

7 Texas. 0

Final
Swollen Thumb
AG
Thanks! Figured something like that.
Chapa96
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Stanford lost to Florida not San Diego
ooops.. I heard something about SD when I saw their record. Thanks
Sargie
AG
Ags hosting this weekend coming home from two road trips 5-0, beating four tourney teams from last year. They play three more tourney teams this weekend. How many show up to Reed on Thursday night?
Chapa96
AG
Ags receiving points to being ranked.....
Wicked Good Ag
We havre played some good RPI matches and have gone undefeated. All the teams we have won against may very well be in the NCAA tourney this coming season but we havent played the cream of the non conference schedule

Remember last season we started the season at home against Hawaii and two teams that made the final four in Pittsburgh and San Diego

What i am excited about so far is that we have 3 pins that have hit really well with
Mueth hitting .350
Lednicky hitting .367
Muoneke hitting .358

Cos and Perkins have done quite well in the middle especially blocking and are getting more attmepts per set as the season progresses

Lupuyo who is the 6'7'' RS has even gotten 1 kill per set and continues to put up a great block and if we can dig to transition better I think our season will get better offensively since i dont think we will be able to keep up with the percenatges we have for the pins in any way throughout the season

We still struggle in serve receive and i hop that clears up soon but we have three pins for the first time in a long time that when attacking finish a play at a high rate...that could be kills or errors which hurts but we are currently on a high kill rate

This week we have Utah State, Northern Iowa and TCU all teams in the NCAA with Northern Iowa one of the top mid majors of the past 20 years and TCU who has made a remakable imporvement under the new coach. Follow this tourney with Liberty and Houston who made it to the Sweet 16 last year. We are playing traditional powers of NCAA VB but we are playing quality programs who will help are RPI.

I think the lineup we have in place is the one we will see for the season going forward absent any injuries while hopefully getting back up depth some solid time on the court when we can as it looks like out three main pins will take a large number of swings this season very similar to the Banse, Battis, Ammerman era of VB at TAMU

Underwood can play all three back row positions and Hogan is much more comfortable in the LB position of libero but the passing has to improve as it will get harder and harder to score OOS in conference in which Florida and LSU look a bit better than people were expecting and Kentucky down a bit more than was expected
Gap
AG
Finally, we get to play at home in Reed Arena this week. Another weekend upcoming with some quality programs. All of our opponents made the NCAA tourney last year.

Thursday - Utah St. (2022: made NCAA tourney last year and had a #46 RPI) (2023: 5-1 with the only loss being at Nebraska, wins include a sweep over Utah)

Friday - Northern Iowa (2022: made NCAA tournament and won 1st round match sweeping Florida St., 17-1 in the Missouri Valley Conference, had RPI of #41) (2023: 3-3 start includes a sweep over LSU)

Saturday - TCU (2022: made NCAA tournament and won 1st round match against Washington, 11-5 in the Big 12, had RPI of #39) (2023: 2-3 start includes a sweep over Georgia, began year 0-2 going up north to face two top 10 teams in #7 Minnesota and #2 Wisconsin)
mpl35
AG
I haven't seen Utah St this year. Watched them in person last year twice. If they are close to the same TAMU can our athlete them this year. I enjoyed (and cheered for them in the Mountain West tournament) but they are smaller and not as good across the board.
taylorswift13
AG
Reed is going to be insane! Volleyball crowds like we haven't seen before, I can't wait!
Wicked Good Ag
taylorswift13 said:

Reed is going to be insane! Volleyball crowds like we haven't seen before, I can't wait!
You think so ?

I am hoping to see it but one match on a Thursday and another earlier than expected on a friday and then Saturday match is during the Miami football game

I think we will get a good crowd but nothing like Texas a few years back

It will be a real test this weekend but winnable if we play well

As soon as San Diego and Pittsburgh played last year we had no shot against either of them
Here i think is we play solid and dont have huge amount of errors we could go 3-0
Wicked Good Ag
Predicted RPI came out today after weeke 2 results. This is not actual RPI but based upon predicability of the season

We were after week one listed at #31 with a predicted record of 16-12

In week two we are listed at #13 with a predicted record of 19-9

here is our next 5 opponents (all at home)

Utah State at #34
Northern Iowa #53
TCU #63
Houston #33
Liberty #67

Here are the teams e have played so far (5-0 record)
Loyola Chicago #38
Bowling Green #68
Wright State #50
Pepperdine #72
Omaha #145

Those SEC teams at the top

Florida #3
Arkansas #11
Kentucky #14
Tennessee #15
Auburn #21

Now I dont think this is the way it will actually play out but over the course of the season if becomes a good predictor of future success/ failure and there will be some huge fluctuations over the beginning of the season
taylorswift13
AG
Well nothing will come close to that Texas game yet, but on social media there seems to be a big push to get people to Reed so I assume maybe Thursday will have a good showing! At least I hope! Idk there just seems to be excitement around this team and these girls will put on a show! Students need to get behind them!
RadCouncil 21
AG
The Thursday game being the Fish Camp game will help (hopefully) with that day's crowd.
t-rex
AG
I've got two good seats that I can't use tomorrow.

Midcourt, about the 5th row. Anybody would like them let me know and I can send them over via 12th Man app.
DripAG08
AG
Is the game televised by chance?
Orome
AG
According to this article, all three matches for the invitational will be broadcasted on SECN+

https://12thman.com/news/2023/9/6/volleyball-aggies-host-texas-am-invitational.aspx
rrose
AG
I'll take those tickets if you still have them. I got off early and would like to see the girls play. So far they are playing very well. Send to 254-seven44-one zero 82
taylorswift13
AG
Stupid spectrum fl
Anchorhold
Anchorhold
My video is working now. The good aggies are winning.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.