Aggie Volleyball - The Morrison Edition

143,792 Views | 1268 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Wicked Good Ag
flintdragon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rhp said:

I cuoldn't make it Friday. How did we do against Baylor?

Surprised the Twitter account had no updates.
agballer98
AG
I'm going to the Spring match at Rice today and will post a report on what I see
flintdragon
AG
I wonder what changes to the program we will have with the new AD. He certainly knows what a good volleyball program looks like but curious what he can do to elevate us to the level we should be at. I think we are on the right trajectory but we need to aim pretty high.
Wicked Good Ag
I think to see the true results of this coaching staff we have to have to 2025 class get on campus intact. We could use another pin hitter IMO for 2024

Saw Morrison in Vegas last weekend looking at a 16s court at the time
agballer98
AG
We lost to Rice in 4 very close sets. We really should've won the last set and blew it at the end and it should've gone 5.
But, we only had 9 suited out healthy players and Rice had 12 players. No Lednicky who was in a boot. We have a new setter in Waak from Katy/LSU snd there were a few miss connections in the middle which is to be expected but she looked good overall and got us a lot of points on serve. A new OH -#8 not sure who she is because not on the roster but she has some great potential and powerful arm. Our really tall RS Lopuya really picked up steam and was getting a lot more kills as the match went a long. I noticed she started eating/drinking on the bench in the 4th set and wondering if maybe it was because sun was down for Ramendan?
We moved around hitters a lot for different lineups each game and even played #1 Cos-Okpalia on the outside and she didn't look bad over there but her blocking in the middle is amazing. Liked our new MB #14 Brown a lot who looked good. #5 Guinn greatly struggled to get kills and was very high error.
taylorswift13_
Still hoping we can add another OH by the summer or worst case even towards the end of summer before the season tips off
RoseRichAg01
I also went to the A&M-Rice scrimmage on Friday. Agree with agballer's observations, but will add a few others:

• Guinn was playing RS most of the scrimmage.
  • #8 was Hellmuth, although the website's roster lists her as #4. She looked very good at OH and played 6 rotations most of the time.
  • In addition to Lednicky being out, Manning also did not play. Waak was the sole setter and obviously ran a 5-1. Looked solid in spite of some timing issues and miscommunications. Those looked like typical issues between a setter and hitter getting used to each other.
flintdragon
AG
At LSC this past weekend. Saw Coach Morrison several times and each time was with a Skyline team (not sure which cities but I think Houston and Dallas). I'll take all the skyline players we can get but hopefully he can make inroads with the other top clubs. So much talent in Texas!
Wicked Good Ag
Schedules are starting to come out. I am pretty sure that we play Texas at home on Sept 27th which Morrison alluded to in an interview.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.