Aggie Volleyball - The Morrison Edition

145,045 Views | 1269 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by Squadron7
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
23-23
taylorswift13
AG
FINISH THE BEARS
taylorswift13
AG
Baylor takes it 27-25
Anchorhold
Thanks for being there and the updates for us who weren't.
jbennett13
AG
Thanks for the updates.
taylorswift13
AG
I wasn't even there! I was getting updates from Baylor's Twitter
Gap
AG
Today was an exhibition match. It was treated like an exhibition match by our staff and our social media team. Really nothing wrong with that. The season starts next.

I thought it was pretty promising for not having much time together.
B$Weigem
AG
Eli Stowers sister is a freshman at Baylor and she was the best player today.
taylorswift13
AG
Ag4eva95
https://baylorbears.com/sports/womens-volleyball/stats/2023/texas-am-exh-/boxscore/28248

Here is the box scores if the game. I think we all understand it's an exhibition match, but this isn't high school athletics. If you have an opportunity to stream and publicize a match, it only helps the program. So why wouldn't you?
Wicked Good Ag
The 6-2 system used in sets three and four seemed to be the way to go. Huge block on the right side for 6 rotations. I think the coaching staff has decided on the two outsides because we didnt alter it the outsides even in a set or partial set other than DSs coming in on the back row

I also think the connection on the outside attack was better when the 6-2 was used rather than the 5-1 Manning didnt seem to connect as much as i would have hoped but that is too be expected somewhat with new setter pin combos

Passing was meh in my opinion but once again I want to see how we progress in that regard over the season

Would have also like to see a bit more middle involvement but that coorelates to passing as the digging doesnt lead to a lot of middle play
Wicked Good Ag
cbmik95 said:

https://baylorbears.com/sports/womens-volleyball/stats/2023/texas-am-exh-/boxscore/28248

Here is the box scores if the game. I think we all understand it's an exhibition match, but this isn't high school athletics. If you have an opportunity to stream and publicize a match, it only helps the program. So why wouldn't you?
FYI they werent able to use the challenge system last night as it was down as well
B$Weigem
AG
I do like how this staff was willing to make changes during the match. I'm encouraged.
markeh99
AG
Is there a way to watch the games this weekend? Didn't see anything on the ESPN app….
flintdragon
AG
markeh99 said:

Is there a way to watch the games this weekend? Didn't see anything on the ESPN app….
vs Omaha: https://omavs.com/showcase?Live=9970 game is now ppv
vs Pepperdine: https://omavs.com/showcase?Live=9971
Anchorhold
Haha. I think they changed the link on the athlete department composite calendar from "Live Video" to "Watch ($)" since you asked.
Jack Pearson
AG
Another Houston skyline commitment for 25. That seems a little concerning , not sure A&M needed to hire all their coaches to get their players.
Ag4eva95
Why do you think that's a bad thing? Houston Skyline was just named the #2 club in the country. I'd take as many of them girls as we can!

Outside of Ledinecky and Underwood, we've struggled pulling in elite houston talent for a while now
Anchorhold
flintdragon
AG
Pulling houston skyline players is the obvious easy play and I'm glad we are taking advantage of it. Hopefully will translate to state and national recruiting uptick as we start to win some games!
republic_45
I wonder if any of the girl will reach out to "Bird" since they'll all be in Omaha together....
Shucky
New commit (Mackenzie Collins) has been playing at HJV and just recently moved to Skyline for the upcoming season. She is one of the best athletes in the state, if not the country and has won a couple 6a track gold medals. She is also running track for us. She has a tremendous arm and a ton of upside. Has played middle all her club career but is playing on the outside for Episcopal (just transferred from Shadow Creek). And she's a great kid. Really good get for us.
Anchorhold
Way too many service errors already. Both teams are looking like it is the first game of the year.
Anchorhold
We tak the first set. 25-18
jbennett13
AG
Anchorhold said:

We tak the first set. 25-18
Anchorhold
flintdragon
AG
Anchorhold said:

Way too many service errors already. Both teams are looking like it is the first game of the year.
other than the service errors (8 so far close to end of 2nd set), I'd like to see a step up on defense. Some of these hits need to be dug up better.

Anchorhold
Well ****. Omaha gets a point off a challenge and then wins the second set 27-25.
flintdragon
AG
Anchorhold said:

Well ****. Omaha gets a point off a challenge and then wins the second set 27-25.
we had it under control until poor serve receive lost it
Ag4eva95
We kind of expected the passing to be rough. I think we have capable passers and it will take some time to adapt to a new system!

I will say, the offense doesn't look half bad. There are some weapons here for an SEC run
jbennett13
AG
Anchorhold said:

For anyone that wants to see:

https://www.midcosportsplus.com/playback/item/6335137933112

dietz.f@yahoo.com
BTHOomaha!

Thank you soo much for sharing!
Ag4eva95
Yes thank you so much!
Ag4eva95
Not sure Hogan is it at libero. Seen her out of place quite a few times, just not in good position to make digs for L
flintdragon
AG
couple of sus challenges...
Ag4eva95
That was pretty terrible. I'd like to see what the dumb ass ref saw on the last one. Didn't see anything that Bionna touched the ball

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.