Aggie Volleyball - The Morrison Edition

147,065 Views | 1277 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Anchorhold
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank you Anchorhold! You are very much appreciated!
taylorswift13
AG
Kind of disappointing second set! But still a solid season opener for our girls! The obvious hiccups are there but love the potential and energy! Brianna Muoneke and Margot Manning are some excellent freshman players who will only continue to get better and better!
taylorswift13
AG
LONG BEACH STATE UP 2-1 OVER tu
taylorswift13
AG
Long Beach State up 21-19 in the 4th set!
taylorswift13
AG
LONG BEACH STATE TAKES DOWN THE NUMBER ONE longhorns
taylorswift13
AG
#10 Kentucky falls to Colorado State
mpl35
AG
taylorswift13 said:

#10 Kentucky falls to Colorado State

Watched the entire match of this one in person. CSU played very well. UK didn't impress me. Block was nonexistent for UK. Service was decent but nothing amazing.
flintdragon
AG
It's a good Aggie day!
ProwessBold
AG
This is a really bad take. This is an elite club whose top 16-17 teams could beat a lot of collegiate teams. Give me more of them.

Also this is the best class we've had in college station in a while, so let's appreciate the incredible recruiting the staff is doing in year 1.
Ag4eva95
Anyone have an idea why we are not also playing Kansas this weekend? They are here and are playing Omaha and Pepperdine, but not us. Kind of weird, right?
tmeuth90
I was told it's an RPI reason as to why they did not want to play us.
flintdragon
AG
tmeuth90 said:

We're not too far behind Omaha in RPI. I suppose Kansas should be able beat both of us but A&M is probably stronger this season so greater chance at a loss?
Anchorhold

I like this better than last night
Ag4eva95
That's dumb. Why participate in this tournament then. It's not like Kansas is the golden standard of volleyball. This year should be much improved.
flintdragon
AG
offense is looking very good! A lot of options with terminating power. Not many consecutive hitting errors either.
Ag4eva95
Liking the low errors and still being aggressive. It helps our defense out a lot. Liking the 6-2, although Margrot is struggling a bit today with connection. I wish we'd set the middle more, but it's so early. Overall, liking it! You can see what some good coaching can do
Artimus Gordon
Ags 25-21. Set 2 vs Pepperdine
taylorswift13
AG
Looking great!!!
Wicked Good Ag
tmeuth90 said:

I would also think this tourney was setup by Bird staff and she coached as an assistant with Kansas before getting the TAMU job and then got fired

No idea if that is the reason but i bet it might have been a factor
Ag4eva95
To me, that just seems dumb if it's true. Just wouldn't seem professional. It's a business, people get fired and hired all the time. Bird wasn't good at her job. Omaha isn't better than A&M. But it makes more sense than rpi
Artimus Gordon
Ags 25-15 3rd set & match/game?
taylorswift13
AG
I like Coach Morrison
flintdragon
AG
Surprised Pepperdine played so poorly. Any know anything about their team? Tons of hitting and defensive errors. Omaha played much better.
Ag4eva95
I was too! They had 4 returning all WCC players. Projected to do very well this year, but they played embarrassingly bad. We took advantage, which was so great to see. I like how steady the team is(so far). It's also great having 3 terminal pins, 2 solid middles, and 3 DS/L. Still not sure how the season will go, but it's a start!
Anchorhold
I like winning.
mpl35
AG
Watched Stanford against CSU tonight. Stanfords Kendall Kipp did not disappoint. Reigning PAC player of the year and was absolutely dominating. Stanford won in 4 easily.
halco87
They beat Long Beach State in their exhibition match, therefore we have the transitive win over tu now.
jbiavaschi
jbiavaschi
Wicked Good Ag said:

tmeuth90 said:

I would also think this tourney was setup by Bird staff and she coached as an assistant with Kansas before getting the TAMU job and then got fired

No idea if that is the reason but i bet it might have been a factor
Wicked Good Ag
This weekend coming up should be a 3-0 weekend on paper for us but Loyola Chocago did just beat Top 20 Purdue in 5 in an upset

Looking at box scores we are trying to run a more balanced offense than last season and if Baylor match was an indication we will be a better blocking team then last season as well with all options at RS putting up a solid block

Sargie
AG
Bowling Green took Ohio State to 5 sets and Wright State took a set off of Louisville. It will be a really good test. Not to mention Utah State, UNI, and TCU the week after that, three more tourney teams from last year.
Gap
AG
This weekend has some really quality programs. All of our opponents made the NCAA tourney last year. Last year's records noted below.

Thursday - Wright St. (28-4, 18-0 in Horizon League, made NCAA tourney, #47 RPI)

Friday - at Bowling Green (22-10, 15-3 in MAC, made NCAA tourney, #42 RPI) (2023 - lost a 5 set match on opening weekend to #14 Ohio St)

Saturday - Loyola Chicago (25-9, 17-1 in Atlantic 10, made NCAA tourney, #74 RPI) (2023 - beat Duke and #16 Purdue on opening weekend)

For reference, our RPI last year was #75.
taylorswift13
AG
15-15 against Wright State in Set 1
taylorswift13
AG
20-20
Orome
AG
Game is broadcasted on YouTube for those wondering

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.