******* Official Cowboys draft 2024 *******

64,853 Views | 977 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Macarthur
Ag Natural
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

He's a salesman and that was just salesman talk, They've never had a real organizational strategy/direction. Changes with the wind.

Jerry does his best to sabotage his ability to negotiate AT ALL with star players they want to keep. They do such a good job drafting and then get killed over and over again on the next contract. It hurts so miluch that Jerry and Stephen love to do interviews and tell everyone all their secrets. It's really the stupidest thing they do as owners.
shack009
AG
Woods Ag said:

They piss me off so much. It was perfect to find a way to trade up into this round and they screwed it up.

As someone said above, we've drafted 3 projects and ignore dudes that SHOWED they excel at the highest level they've played at. Now we'll draft Kamani Vidal out of Troy and pray he's a hidden gem.

We get to look forward to Elliott again this year.

It just isnt good business practice to give up picks to move up in to the 4th to take a RB. I know it may seem frustrating now, but that's how teams kill their long term success.

I think the overall draft strategy has been good. They have drafted high upside guys plus Beebe in the 3rd who can immediately fill a need position. Not taking a RB in the 4th round does not change the trajectory of the team either for this season or in the long term. The best practice is draft as many players as possible.
Woods Ag
AG
Dak needs to play behind a strong running game. When the game is in his hands in the most crucial moments, he ****s the bed.

That's proven. We need a physical running game that we can lean on. There are a couple of those guys in this draft and it doesn't take much to get into the 4th round.

As great as the cowboys have drafted, it's amounted to nothing in almost 30 years.

I'm never for drafting a RB in the 1st unless it's AP. There are a handful every year in the 3-4 rounds that are productive pro's. We didn't have to draft one, but we need something at RB and we've had no plan outside of bringing EE back. That's terrible.
DannyDuberstein
AG
While lamenting how many 2nd rounders they have burned on TEs since Witten on the Ticket, Norm drops a "where is Gavin Escobar?"
shack009
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

While lamenting how many 2nd rounders they have burned on TEs since Witten on the Ticket, Norm drops a "where is Gavin Escobar?"
Yeah they should just stick to drafting All Pros in the 4th round (Schultz and Ferguson).
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right. Although that came up when tbey were making a decent point which is that in general, they do seem to have a philosophy of "if this guy doesn't make us better at his position, why bother?" which may explain the RB decision so far. But then called out Schoonmaker as an exception
shack009
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Right. Although that came up when tbey were making a decent point which is that in general, they do seem to have a philosophy of "if this guy doesn't make us better at his position, why bother?" which may explain the RB decision so far. But then called out Schoonmaker as an exception
They clearly wanted to use more 2TEs this past season and hoped Schoonmaker and Ferguson would be an elite 1-2 combo. Schoonmaker wasn't terrible this season, he just has a lot to live up to with the number 2 selection next to him.
shack009
AG
Woods Ag said:

Dak needs to play behind a strong running game. When the game is in his hands in the most crucial moments, he ****s the bed.

That's proven. We need a physical running game that we can lean on. There are a couple of those guys in this draft and it doesn't take much to get into the 4th round.

As great as the cowboys have drafted, it's amounted to nothing in almost 30 years.

I'm never for drafting a RB in the 1st unless it's AP. There are a handful every year in the 3-4 rounds that are productive pro's. We didn't have to draft one, but we need something at RB and we've had no plan outside of bringing EE back. That's terrible.
I agree with you, but giving up capital to draft Ray Davis instead of just taking Jace McClelan or someone similar 2 rounds later is not going to change the floor or ceiling. And I like Ray Davis. The Cowboys draft process has been fine recently, particularly under McClay.

Not quite elite QB play and less than elite coaching is the reason the cowboys have not been to the Super Bowl recently, not because we haven't drafted well. We are consistently one of the top rosters in the league recently.
Woods Ag
AG
He may be ok.. Dillon Johnson too.

I thought the earlier ones had better upside and I'm pissy about not getting a single player in this draft that I thought was truly special.

I'll get over it.
bonfarr
AG
The South Dakota St RB looks interesting

4548 yards and 50t touchdowns in FCs
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Macarthur
Tracy the RB out of Purdue is interesting
bonfarr
AG
Yuck, hate that Ainias is gonna be an Iggle.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
shack009
AG
Dang Ainias to the Eagles… Not sure about him as a pro but I was hoping to be able to root for him…
zgolfz85
AG
zgolfz85
AG
That's worst case scenario
Tksymm7
AG
I want to throw up.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Happy for Ainias, wish it was a different team though. **** the Eagles!
PooDoo
AG
How did the Eagles end up with 4 picks in the sweet spot of the draft?
TyHolden
AG
we got a pick today?
Tksymm7
AG
We traded our fourth for Cooks
zgolfz85
AG
We pick here soon at 174. Can't wait to see what other fringe project we get while the eagles just load up on sure things
bonfarr
AG
Go DT with this pick. Mekhi Wingo or Tyler Davis
bonfarr
AG
zgolfz85 said:

We pick here soon at 174. Can't wait to see what other fringe project we get while the eagles just load up on sure things

Outside their first 2 picks I wouldnt label the Eagles draft picks as sure things
shack009
AG
zgolfz85 said:

None of these picks are sure things, but they have a lot of bites at the apple, which is all you can ask for. They're just so well run.
shack009
AG
Our next pick screams Brendan Rice and I wouldn't hate it.
zgolfz85
AG
bonfarr said:

zgolfz85 said:

Outside their first 2 picks I wouldnt label the Eagles draft picks as sure things

Thanks, this is my first year watching football, so just learning here. Jk. Shipley is a sure thing. Agent Zero is a sure thing (and injury prone, but I think that's offset with his ability to lead the locker room during the **** show of the jimbo era). In our case, we may indeed have some studs, while our biggest rival again masterminded yet another draft. They simply have the best front office in football.
PooDoo
AG
Our 3rd string QB
TyHolden
AG
where we going with this pick?
shack009
AG
Do not want Johnny Wilson. Dude has the drops like nobody I've ever seen.
shack009
AG
Lol eagles OG pick ran a 5.2 40 and has two first names. Finally a bad pick by them.
DannyDuberstein
AG
16 RBs off the board.
zgolfz85
AG
Are you kidding me that the SDSt RB goes the pick before us? Ffs
TyHolden
AG
does not appear to be offense
DannyDuberstein
AG
Going CB
DannyDuberstein
AG
Caelen Carson

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.