******* Official Cowboys draft 2024 *******

64,885 Views | 977 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Macarthur
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So you guys aren't excited about our 4th round pick Trey Lance?
Tksymm7
AG
Vince Blake
I think they will let the next coach draft a QB next season. I think if they go QB this year it will be late round or a flyer on a UDFA. This year I think they stick to OL, LB, RB, DL in some sort of order.
TyHolden
AG
Vince Blake said:

I think they will let the next coach draft a QB next season. I think if they go QB this year it will be late round or a flyer on a UDFA. This year I think they stick to OL, LB, RB, DL in some sort of order.
Connor Weigman will make a great Cowboy
Vince Blake
Did a mock nflmockdraftdatabase.com. Traded down into the 2nd with Carolina for 39 and 65. Trade slightly favors Dallas but not out of the realm of possibility. Carolina comes up for a top edge, WR, or CB with the 5th year option and retains pick 33. Dallas comes away with 4 top 100 picks in all.

39. Kingsley Suamataia OT BYU
56. Payton Wilson LB NC State
65. Jonathan Brooks RB tu
87. Ruke Orhorhoro DT Clemson
174. Luke McCaffery WR Rice
216. Jordan Magee LB Temple
233. Fabian Lovett DT Florida State
244. Taulia Tagovailoa QB Maryland

I would be happy with that draft.
PooDoo
AG
Choose your draft:
A:

B:

If you haven't watched Maason Smith…. The dude looks like David Irving.
shack009
AG
I think I like the players better in Draft B, but I would feel really weird about not coming out of the draft without addressing OL in the first couple picks, especially if one of the picks was Penix.

Cowboys would say they love that Hoffman and Bass are the starting C/LG, but I would be very skeptical.
chris1515
AG
Penix at 56 and Brooks at 86? 0% chance there
PooDoo
AG
As are most sim mock drafts.
gigem1223
Welp… price tag for CD just went up. Detroit just gave St Brown $30M/ year
jr15aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

Welp… price tag for CD just went up. Detroit just gave St Brown $30M/ year

Settle down... we got a GREAT deal on Gallup a couple years ago. Real team friendly deal. Our front office knows what they are doing!
98Ag99Grad
AG
I really don't see how they keep everyone and pay Dak what he wants. All of this is coming to a head at once.
Macarthur
Gonna be really really hard and this front office gives me zero confidence. Clown show.
jr15aggie
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

I really don't see how they keep everyone and pay Dak what he wants. All of this is coming to a head at once.

Yep. It's the reason why a few of us, as a knee jerk reaction to the playoff loss, said we should trade Micah Parsons right now and find some bad team willing to give us a top 10 first round pick for him. There is no way this team is going anywhere but cap hell, so we might as well get something for him while we can.

But don't worry guys... even after Dak walks next year, he'll still have dead money hitting the salary cap for at least 2 years thanks to the restructures we've done.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Tied up a lot of money in Diggs too then he blows out his knee. Just can't win on these deals.
Woods Ag
AG
Posted this in the Dak thread this may be the more appropriate spot.

Buddy said he read someone saying the Cowboys should trade dak to the raiders for a haul of picks and draft Penix.

I'd trade him for a dry Carl Budding ham sandwich, so this seems like a Christmas present.
Vince Blake
I don't know if you would get much for Dak because the team you're trading him to still has to pay him. Also looks like Dak becomes an even bigger cap hit if traded pre-June 1st. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/19089/dak-prescott
Woods Ag
AG
Well dang… hes just a gift that keeps on giving
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
jr15aggie said:

Amazing that we are talking about possibly drafting a WR because we may not be able to pay CD... all the while we have dead cap on Michael Gallup who we gave money to while his knee was still in shreds.

This front office really is a joke when it comes to recent contract negotiations.

Prioritize nepotism over winning by putting a trust fund baby in charge of your cap and personnel and ya you get a joke of an operation. Still mind boggling we are going to get to 30 years (more than likely) of not even a conference championship game appearance. Also mind boggling there are people out there still trusting , or defending this management.
Ag Natural
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

jr15aggie said:

Amazing that we are talking about possibly drafting a WR because we may not be able to pay CD... all the while we have dead cap on Michael Gallup who we gave money to while his knee was still in shreds.

This front office really is a joke when it comes to recent contract negotiations.

Prioritize nepotism over winning by putting a trust fund baby in charge of your cap and personnel and ya you get a joke of an operation. Still mind boggling we are going to get to 30 years (more than likely) of not even a conference championship game appearance. Also mind boggling there are people out there still trusting , or defending this management.
I'll defend them. They aren't the best run organization but they are very defensible especially since they locked up Will Mcclay. Everyone keeps talking about the playoff suckage, and that's true, but overall they've put a good team on the field every year when the QB stays healthy. Right now we are facing cap hell and it's largely due to drafting VERY well. That happens. They haven't spent like crazy in free agency (they they get criticized for that too). They know they need to pay their guys and their biggest issue is signing them to reasonable deals. I'm not sure kind of cap genius is going to help you get lucky enough to draft superstars who are willing to sign team friendly deals (like Mahommes). They are stuck with a top12 QB who probably isn't going to be top 5 ever. So what do you do? Dak and his team have really screwed us over squeezing every last dime out this. He's also set the example for every other guy do the same.
GoodBullShark
AG

GoodBullShark
AG
PooDoo said:

Choose your draft:
A:

B:

If you haven't watched Maason Smith…. The dude looks like David Irving.
Neither
shack009
AG
GoodBullShark said:

I don't want AD Mitchell or Blake Corum, especially at those picks.

Van Pran isn't bad at that spot though.
bonfarr
AG

Macarthur
I would like that
Tksymm7
AG
I really don't want to take an o lineman in the first just to take one or because we need one. If a great one falls, then awesome, but we don't need to be in the business of taking a guy for need. That's how you get stuck with Mazi Smith.
Macarthur
True, but I think most of those top OTs are all first round worthy. G or C in the first would prob be a stretch with the exception of the kid from Duke.
Tksymm7
AG
Agreed. I'm fine with a tackle with upside, but a C/G late in the first is a bad pick imo. Juts move back if that's the case.
Macarthur
I've read the Barton kid from Duke compared to Zach Martin
Vince Blake
I think if he is there, Barton is likely the pick. If he's gone I think they try to bail from that spot.
Grapesoda2525
Didn't realize the draft was today with all of the other stuff going on lately. The packers beat down just has my enthusiasm for this team at an all time low.

Hoping for a huge talent infusion. I know the team has lots of issues, but a good infusion of young talent helps no matter what the situation is.
Macarthur
Yeah. I used to be a huge draft fan and watched so much film and info leading up. It just doesn't matter very much anymore.
Tksymm7
AG
We're going to need to draft extremely well this year, because we have spent my tax return on free agents this year and we lost quite a bit.
Agristotle
AG
I look at a lot of mocks, most popular for Dallas are the center from Duke, or the OT from Georgia or OU. The rest are a smattering of other OTs or an occasional center. The need on the oline is compelling.

I would like to see them trade down
mbl12
AG
This team will draft based on need so expect their highest graded OL to be drafted at 24. The dream is Barton falls into their lap but I'm expecting Guyton or Jordan Morgan

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.