******* Official Cowboys draft 2024 *******

64,789 Views | 977 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Macarthur
Tksymm7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good for Layden!
PooDoo
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Good for Layden!

He turned some heads at the senior bowl.
TyHolden
AG
Anyone new since last night?
Woods Ag
AG
At 300lbs, he's slimmed down 20+ lbs too.
PooDoo
AG
I find Micah's interviews interesting. I don't know how he was able to get into my grandma's living room.

I wonder, he was supposedly texting DQ daily. Are they still allowed to communicate or would that be tampering? If it would be tampering, maybe we need to set up the Redskins up with questionable texting and turn over the transcript to NSA Goodell.

shack009
AG
Woods Ag said:

Marist Liafua
  • Ovr - 74.3
  • Pass R -66.9
  • Run S - 66.5
  • Coverage Grade - 84.1
  • Avg Depth of Run Tackle - 3.0yards
  • Missed Tackle Rate - 18.9%

That's interesting. This league is about covering now, so a LB with a good pass coverage grade is important. However, our surface issues are clearly stopping the run at the first and second levels.
shack009
AG
Macarthur said:

On Guyton, I keep seeing the term project, etc.

I admit I haven't studied him and I"m no guru, but the guy gave up 2 sacks in over 1000 pass pro snaps in a heavy passing league. I'm not seeing the'project' thing.
I don't know where you see 1,000 pass pro snaps but there's no way that can be the case. He's only played in 14 games, so we are talking 70+ pass protection snaps per game. Also having Dillon Gabriel's athleticism back there helps a little.

Not a commentary on Guyton, just trying to point some things out.
Woods Ag
AG
The missed tackle rate is concerning, but I agree. I never watch ND play, so I have no idea about him.

For comparison:
Peyton Wilson and Junior Colson were a 4.7%
Edge was a 12.8%
Trotter - 16.3%
Trevin Wallace and Michael Barret - 11.3%
Macarthur
I know I saw 1000 snaps but maybe I was conflating two players

Here's the stat.

Woods Ag
AG
Jaylin Wright to Miami.

Ok, the cowboys need to move up now and grab Ray Davis. Him and Wright are my favorites.
shack009
AG
548 pass snaps makes more sense. It could be that he's played 1,000ish total snaps, which would sound about right for 14 games and isn't a heck of a lot for a 1st round talent. That's just a commentary on his untapped upside.
Macarthur
Woods Ag said:

Jaylin Wright to Miami.

Ok, the cowboys need to move up now and grab Ray Davis. Him and Wright are my favorites.

Is Mosert still there? That seems like a lot of capital at RB.
Woods Ag
AG
I thought so. Didnt see them picking a RB. Thought the next one might be Tampa, but now I'm nervous as hell Tampa takes Davis.
bonfarr
AG
Macarthur said:

I know I saw 1000 snaps but maybe I was conflating two players

Here's the stat.

0 allowed in 2023 is all that is relevant.
Danny Vermin
I'm ok with trading back in for a RB. We will have several comp picks next year for all of the players we lost.
PooDoo
AG
I wonder if we can call Harbaugh and trade Mazi for their high 5th and a 1st or 2nd day pick next year.

Ray Davis is a VERY good receiver out of the backfield. Great instincts and tough. Like a smaller Demarco Murray with less fumbles.

Freaking Eagles with 3-4th round picks.

Do the Cowboys pick up the phone to make deals or do they just wait for the phone to ring?

This draft you can really see the wildcatter Jones DNA. Their picks minus Beebe are all high ceiling, high traits, and develop guys.
They aren't win now guys unless these are the most coachable dudes in the NFL.
Woods Ag
AG
I saw Zimmer has Mazi eating a strict diet of Carne Asada, Rice, and Beans. No corn tortillas, only flour. They want him to be 350lbs by training camp.

Said he's a 1 Tech, and we drafted to be a stuffer and then tried to slim him down which didn't make any sense.

I'm excited to see Mazi next year.
Woods Ag
AG
Buffalo just picked Ray Davis! And Isaac Guerendo to SF...

I'm tempted to mf Jones to death.... I'm done with this draft lol. Time to go do something productive.
shack009
AG
Woods Ag said:

I saw Zimmer has Mazi eating a strict diet of Carne Asada, Rice, and Beans. No corn tortillas, only flour. They want him to be 350lbs by training camp.

Said he's a 1 Tech, and we drafted to be a stuffer and then tried to slim him down which didn't make any sense.

I'm excited to see Mazi next year.
Yeah the "pass rush upside" stuff we heard about him when they drafted him was stupid at the time and it looks really dumb now.

Make him big and a good early down player.
bonfarr
AG
Danny Vermin said:

I'm ok with trading back in for a RB. We will have several comp picks next year for all of the players we lost.

If we finally take a RB it's going to be someone we never heard of. We needed a starter and we are going to end up with another backup quality or situational player. Not sure what our plan was there when I look at our depth chart
shack009
AG
I kinda like Will Shipley at RB, but Clemson ran him in to the ground over the last couple years. You go to the Eagles, I can't root for good things for you. Sorry, Will...
PooDoo
AG
What I'm worried about with Mazi.
-He was slow off the line at Michigan but they say that's how they're coached. He was slow off the line this year.
-They drafted him because he was a top lane clogging 1-tech but couldn't beat out old Hankins with a Frankenstein pectoral.
-He dropped 40-50 pounds during the season. I'm older than a lot of you guys but in my day when a beast in college shrunk in the pros… it was because of a "supplement" he was able to get away with taking in college is not allowed in the NFL. Just speculating because they wouldn't need to teach him how to get back to 350 if he did it naturally.
Ag Natural
AG
We can use Micah at RB.
bonfarr
AG
Now Allen falls off the table. No RB so I say draft Mekhi Wingo from LSU.
jr15aggie
AG
Everybody knew the 4th round was where the RBs were going. Dallas without a 4th rounder needed to take one a round early.

Didn't add a single playmaker to the team in this draft. Lord help us.
Woods Ag
AG
Yeah, you're probably right.

I was off Mazi early in the season. Was apparent really quickly that all that he was billed was a load of ***** I'm holding out hope it was just a terrible plan by DQ, but you are probably right. Stars are stars and players that are going ot be good normally find their own way to be good.
PooDoo
AG
shack009 said:

I kinda like Will Shipley at RB, but Clemson ran him in to the ground over the last couple years. You go to the Eagles, I can't root for good things for you. Sorry, Will...

I think you're right, Ship is like buying a used tire.
To me, after Shipley gets popped a few times he stopped keeping his head up to make the extra cut.
Woods Ag
AG
They piss me off so much. It was perfect to find a way to trade up into this round and they screwed it up.

As someone said above, we've drafted 3 projects and ignore dudes that SHOWED they excel at the highest level they've played at. Now we'll draft Kamani Vidal out of Troy and pray he's a hidden gem.

We get to look forward to Elliott again this year.
Ag Natural
AG
Why would we think a 4th round RB would automatically be better than Dowdle? I thought he's looked pretty good when he's had chances. And Vaughn has potential to be a playmaker. We just have to see if he can figure out how play NFL running back.
DannyDuberstein
AG
PooDoo said:

shack009 said:

I think you're right, Ship is like buying a used tire.
To me, after Shipley gets popped a few times he stopped keeping his head up to make the extra cut.

This was my issue with Corum. I like the kid, but there are shortcomings along with lots and lots of mileage.

At this point, the RB quality they land will likely be comparable to what is already on the roster. That is rough. It's not terrible, but for a team trying to get better, not helpful
bonfarr
AG
Ag Natural said:

Why would we think a 4th round RB would automatically be better than Dowdle? I thought he's looked pretty good when he's had chances. And Vaughn has potential to be a playmaker. We just have to see if he can figure out how play NFL running back.

Dowdle is signed to a 1 yr deal, what's the plan if we aren't going to draft a RB?
Tksymm7
AG
My biggest issue right now is that I have no clue what our direction is. Jerry has said they're "going all in", yet we spend a coin purse in free agency, make no trades, and draft a lot of really solid, high floor type of guys. We have a bajillion dollar QB going into his last year of his contract, a top 3 WR in the league who's going to hold out for 30+ a year, and we lost a laundry list of solid contributors. I just don't know where we are headed, besides a 9-8 season.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He's a salesman and that was just salesman talk, They've never had a real organizational strategy/direction. Changes with the wind.
Ag Natural
AG
bonfarr said:

Ag Natural said:

Dowdle is signed to a 1 yr deal, what's the plan if we aren't going to draft a RB?

Recent history suggests that RB is not a position that you should invest heavily in. I'm fine grabbing guys off the scrap heap every year unless we stumble upon somebody truly special. And according to the pundits there was no special RB in this year's draft.
Macarthur
There's still some good RBs available.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.