******* Official Cowboys draft 2024 *******

64,859 Views | 977 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Macarthur
Tksymm7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr
AG
T'vondre Sweat busted for DUI in Austin today. Wonder if he drops a round or two and we can get a value pick out of him.
Tksymm7
AG
Cowboys first round pick lock now.
TyHolden
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Cowboys first round pick lock now.
we'll let Nate take him in
jr15aggie
AG
Less than a month from the draft and you are too dumb to just call an Uber.
Vince Blake
CeeDee to holdout it appears.
batchuser
Vince Blake said:

CeeDee to holdout it appears.

At least he avoids injury I guess
Vince Blake
For reference, the Eagles just paid DeVonta Smith 75 mil over the next three years. Tyreek Hill is the highest paid WR at 30 APY. Statistically CeeDee falls between them. So I'm guessing it's going to take 28 to 30 per year for his new contract.
PooDoo
AG
Don't worry fellas. Mims, Frazier, & Benson
Peter Klaven
AG
That would be phenomenal. That being said I'm still of the opinion that Brock Hoffman is our starting center come September.
Macarthur
I think they really like Hoffman.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, I'd trade the C in the 2nd for Cooper. I think our Defense is in pretty good shape if we can add a stud LB (and assuming Zimmer does a good job).

I also think we are in decent shape on the O-line if we draft a plug and play guy in the 1st. Ideally that would be a LT, but if not, just get a stud to play OG or C and we can kick Smith back out to LT.

I'm fine to double dip at these spots on day 3, but IMO it would be ideal to get starters at Oline, LB, & RB with our three picks on day 1 & 2.
Tksymm7
AG
The more this goes on, the more I think this draft makes sense for the Cowboys to just trade out of the first. There's going to be soooooo many good players pushed to the 2nd round with how many QBs and WRs are going to go in the first.
Macarthur
Agree. Need more second and third round picks
Tksymm7
AG
There's a world where the cowboys could end up with a combo guys like Zach Frazier and Ladd McConkey, or Payton Wilson/Edge Cooper and Jordan Morgan, or Braden Fiske and Tyler Guyton. All of which would likely start for us immediately.
PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie said:

Yeah, I'd trade the C in the 2nd for Cooper. I think our Defense is in pretty good shape if we can add a stud LB (and assuming Zimmer does a good job).

I also think we are in decent shape on the O-line if we draft a plug and play guy in the 1st. Ideally that would be a LT, but if not, just get a stud to play OG or C and we can kick Smith back out to LT.

I'm fine to double dip at these spots on day 3, but IMO it would be ideal to get starters at Oline, LB, & RB with our three picks on day 1 & 2.

Cooper was already gone.
Agristotle
AG
Peter Schrager has Dallas taking X Worthy in the first round!
Macarthur
That would be a terrible pick. And I like X, but that would be an awful pick.
justnobody79
he has all the physical tools in the world but his effort leaves a lot to be desired, but of course that won't stop Dallas from taking him and trying to be smarter than everyone and call it "a great value at that pick" whatever bs line they will spout this year
Tksymm7
AG
Agristotle said:

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Dallas to take a WR high in the draft (although I doubt they use their 1st round pick on one). As others have said, Ceedee is going to hold out and is probably going to want 30 million a year, so why not draft one? The hit rate on WRs has increased a ton over the past five years or so. It's also one reason why I think Dallas should be interested in trading back into the 2nd. You could take a Legette or McConkey and STILL get an interior offensive or defensive lineman.
TyHolden
AG
We're taking Penix…bet the fam
Macarthur
Tksymm7 said:

Agristotle said:

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Dallas to take a WR high in the draft (although I doubt they use their 1st round pick on one). As others have said, Ceedee is going to hold out and is probably going to want 30 million a year, so why not draft one? The hit rate on WRs has increased a ton over the past five years or so. It's also one reason why I think Dallas should be interested in trading back into the 2nd. You could take a Legette or McConkey and STILL get an interior offensive or defensive lineman.

Yeah, I could def see a WR, but X is a gadget guy, IMO.
Tksymm7
AG
Legette or Worthy?
Macarthur
Worthy. Sorry.

I would love Legette.
jr15aggie
AG
Amazing that we are talking about possibly drafting a WR because we may not be able to pay CD... all the while we have dead cap on Michael Gallup who we gave money to while his knee was still in shreds.

This front office really is a joke when it comes to recent contract negotiations.
Woods Ag
AG
We'll get CD's contract done.

He's more important to the front office than Dak is at this point.

Just did a PFF Mock Draft, but I dropped stars so I can post it.

1. Cooper DeJean - Iowa - CB
2. Edge Cooper - TAMU - LB
3. Ray Davis - Kentucky - RB
4. Javon Foster - Missouri - T
5. Kristian Boyd - N Iowa - DT
6. Eyobi Oaki-Anoma - Charlotte - DE
7. Drake Nugent - Michigan - C

All had +70 or more PFF grades.

I don't think it's possible that Cooper lasts to us in the 2nd. I think the odds he sneaks into the 1st are greater than him falling to us in the 2nd. He played too well last year, seems to versatile, and the best defenses in the league last year were led by their off ball linebackers. I don't think the league ignores that and he's the best one in the draft. If fact, I think teams will look at him and think he's similar to Fred Warner (whether he will be or not) and they'll take him off of that.
PooDoo
AG
I think we have to go C in the 1st or 2nd to improve the position from what we had last year.
We should be able to get a WR in the 3rd that can beat out Tolbert.
This is also a deep TE class with some prospects should be ready to start when they let Ferguson leave in free agency.
Macarthur
There's been some suggestions that Hoffman would be a good replacement at C. He looked pretty good in spot duty last year.

Having said that if the guy from Oregon is there at 24 I have no problem with that pic
jr15aggie
AG
I just don't want us reaching for a questionable OT if there is a top of the line OC prospect on the board. I know that we don't want to move Tyler back to OT, but that's better than drafting the o-line equivalent of Mazi!

We need plug and play day 1 starters with our top 3 picks this year.... best player available at O-line, WR, LB, RB, D-line.
bonfarr
AG
What was the purpose of signing Royce Freeman other than having another camp body?
Agristotle
AG
They have to take a flyer on a quarterback, even if it is Spencer Rattler or Jordan Travis
VP at Pierce and Pierce
If McClay is running the draft this season then it will be a success. If it is Stephen or Jerry and whoever ran it last year then look out. Have to address OL first, then LB. There are plenty of good RBs and WRs. We will know whose draft is with the first round pick.
The narrative is this isnt a good draft for RBs, I disagree. I think there are several starting caliber backs in the draft that will be available in the 3rd or later. Allen from Wisconsin is going to be a pro bowl caliber back.
TyHolden
AG
pro tip...Don't type in "Get Penix" on twitter. You'll get bombarded by only fans girls. I've never been so popular.
jr15aggie
AG
TyHolden said:

pro tip...Don't type in "Get Penix" on twitter. You'll get bombarded by only fans girls. I've never been so popular.

It's things like this that make me happy TexAgs is the only form of "social media" that I use. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram... no thanks, I'm good!
Southlake
Yeah, if this year is going to be a wash and Dallas has to plug in players to replace experienced players and have no talented depth, might as well get Penix now so when Dak crumbles our rebuild will not have to focus on QB.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.