Portal Season Has Started

66,581 Views | 624 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by EliteZags
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Method Man said:

I'd be ok with one specific transfer.

Are you hoping someone bunny hops out of town?
Method Man
If he drives like he runs the sidelines he prob pops the curb a couple of times on the way out.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Duke: 7 players entered transfer portal, A&M: 0

Clear evidence A&M has a bigger NIL budget than Duke.
MarcAg
AG

I really wanted this kid
Aggie92ss
will be the status of Marble - but, regardless, I think we need another big man as well
pierceshipp
AG
same
LawHall88
AG
LawHall88 said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Hard to compete with that list of teams.
zgolfz85
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

Hard to compete with that list of teams.
yep, I think that's the actual textbook definition of blue blood teams (at least modern era). UCLA could be on that list if they were still relevant....
Frank Grimes
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Duke: 7 players entered transfer portal, A&M: 0

Clear evidence A&M has a bigger NIL budget than Duke.
Let's get Sean Stewart. He was Duke's best defender this past season, and Scheyer screwed up not giving him enough playing time against DJ Burns in the Elite Eight game.
LawHall88
AG
Hop
Staff
AG
LawHall88 said:

https://texags.com/s/35172/highlights-juco-post-carlton-linguard-breaks-down-big-night-recruiting-process
The Marksman
AG
LawHall88 said:

Want
MarcAg
AG
The Marksman said:

LawHall88 said:

Want

Do not want. Don't think he is sec caliber.
Edit- if we bring in two bigs then I could be talked into this
LawHall88
AG
Pumpkinhead
AG
MarcAg said:

The Marksman said:

LawHall88 said:

Want

Do not want. Don't think he is sec caliber.
Edit- if we bring in two bigs then I could be talked into this
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE5uZfen3T4]Carlton Linguard Jr. - UTSA - 2023-24 Transfer Portal Highlights (youtube.com)[/url]

Shot 38-124 from three last season (30%). Was at Kansas State for 2 years. 7'0" ish and looks pretty long. Might be at least a solid replacement for what Leveque provided last season, though a bit different skillset.
Method Man
What is Leveque's skillset?
MarcAg
AG
I liked Lingard a lot when we were recruiting him out of Juco. If Lingard just finished his soph year and you thought he would develop more I would be ok with it. It's going to be his 6th year of college. Putting up 8.7 pts and 5.9 rebs a game in your 5th year in the AAC feels like 4 pts and 3 rebs in the SEC. If you land a guy like Payne and Lingard is the backup to bring in a change of pace then I think I would like it. Being able to step out and hit a shot and open the lane is appealing. I think we need somebody that was what Marble was for us a season ago.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Method Man said:

Be tall.
GrayMatter
AG
MarcAg said:

I think we need somebody that was what Marble was for us a season ago.
yadda yadda yadda... we need a Marble replacement. Yes!
Pumpkinhead
AG
MarcAg said:

I liked Lingard a lot when we were recruiting him out of Juco. If Lingard just finished his soph year and you thought he would develop more I would be ok with it. It's going to be his 6th year of college. Putting up 8.7 pts and 5.9 rebs a game in your 5th year in the AAC feels like 4 pts and 3 rebs in the SEC. If you land a guy like Payne and Lingard is the backup to bring in a change of pace then I think I would like it. Being able to step out and hit a shot and open the lane is appealing. I think we need somebody that was what Marble was for us a season ago.
I agree. Lingard seems like would be fine addition if his role was a rotation big, but not 'first big'.
MarcAg
AG
Method Man said:

Same as Javonte Brown, Aku and Marfo's skillset.
MarcAg
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

MarcAg said:

I agree. Lingard seems like would be fine addition if his role was a rotation big, but not 'first big'.

I like the idea of having a guy with a different skillset. So if you got a bruiser and him that would be good.

Billy said he thinks A&M adds 3-4 guys in the portal. He said he would set the over/under at 3.5 and he would take the over. He didn't comment on positions, but that could be 3 guards and a big or it could be two guards and 2 bigs. I saw grab 2 guards (we have one), one big and then the best available you can land regardless of position.
LawHall88
AG
MarcAg said:

Pumpkinhead said:

MarcAg said:

I like the idea of having a guy with a different skillset. So if you got a bruiser and him that would be good.

Billy said he thinks A&M adds 3-4 guys in the portal. He said he would set the over/under at 3.5 and he would take the over. He didn't comment on positions, but that could be 3 guards and a big or it could be two guards and 2 bigs. I saw grab 2 guards (we have one), one big and then the best available you can land regardless of position.
At some point, guys gotta start leaving for that to happen.
fatdad84ag
AG
I thought Hefner, Garcia and Coleman will be using their Covid year and do not count against the numbers???
LawHall88
AG
fatdad84ag said:

I thought Hefner, Garcia and Coleman will be using their Covid year and do not count against the numbers???
That rule expired last season. The scholarship limit is 13.
MarcAg
AG
fatdad84ag said:

That ended two years ago. I thought it was still going too.
LawHall88
AG
MarcAg
AG
Hopefully they ran out of their money with the guys they picked up already.
Know Your Enemy
AG
That would be a very nice pickup.
SeattleAg05
AG
Fingers crossed!!!
Method Man
UTx would totally use this commitment to boast a win over us. That's their style
gstu11
With NIL is there really a scholarship limit. I'm starting to think we just have a roster limit of 15 or 16 with no "traditional walk-on" guys. Just a couple guys at the end of the bench we think are not on scholarship but we'll never know exactly the 13 scholarship players.
MarcAg
AG
gstu11 said:

With NIL is there really a scholarship limit. I'm starting to think we just have a roster limit of 15 or 16 with no "traditional walk-on" guys. Just a couple guys at the end of the bench we think are not on scholarship but we'll never know exactly the 13 scholarship players.

There is still a limit. A guy can't go from being a scholarship player to a walkon. So yeah they can bring in guys out of the HS ranks like Lee, Ringgold, and White and put them on an NIL deal. But you can't go get a scholarship in the portal and turn him become a walkon.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
LawHall88 said:

I am just hoping that he "clicked" with some of our guys during his visit- and, with two more years eligibility- could see himself taking over the leadership role that Wade has had on this team after one year of playing with Taylor...

Would be a great pick up if it happens...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.