Portal Season Has Started

67,111 Views | 626 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by pierceshipp
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One doesn't have to be a student to file a Title IX complaint. And the alleged incident doesn't have to happen on campus.

Given what we know about Texas A&M's Title IX office I'm guessing they would have reached a different conclusion about "jurisdiction" regarding an incident that allegedly happened on an official school athletic trip. If the minor involved here goes to our Title IX with the same complaint, does our's simply say you need to contact Texas Tech's office or is there any way our office more aggressive?
AgEfan
I would not hate Pop Isaacs being an Aggie. If you went to watch the Aggies play Tech this year you saw first hand how good he is.
EliteZags
AG
AgEfan said:

I would not hate Pop Isaacs being an Aggie. If you went to watch the Aggies play Tech this year you saw first hand how good he is.
lol wut

Tech played 2 A&M teams this year neither of which were Aggies
AgEfan
Gap said:

One doesn't have to be a student to file a Title IX complaint. And the alleged incident doesn't have to happen on campus.

Given what we know about Texas A&M's Title IX office I'm guessing they would have reached a different conclusion about "jurisdiction" regarding an incident that allegedly happened on an official school athletic trip. If the minor involved here goes to our Title IX with the same complaint, does our's simply say you need to contact Texas Tech's office or is there any way our office more aggressive?
You are correct about this. One does not have to be a student to file a Title IX complaint. A parent or such can file a complaint on behalf of a student. This girl is not a student. As Mark said there is no grounds for a Title IX complaint against Texas A&M. This didn't happen between A&M students and this did not happen on A&M's campus. You need one of those to be the case for this to involve A&M's Title IX office.
AgEfan
EliteZags said:

AgEfan said:

lol wut

Tech played 2 A&M teams this year neither of which were Aggies
It's not too late to delete this. I mean I saw this in person.
EliteZags
AG
ah I only thought of Baylor for some reason, maybe cus we 'won' that one
Gap
AG
AgEfan said:

Gap said:

You are correct about this. One does not have to be a student to file a Title IX complaint. A parent or such can file a complaint on behalf of a student. This girl is not a student. As Mark said there is no grounds for a Title IX complaint against Texas A&M. This didn't happen between A&M students and this did not happen on A&M's campus. You need one of those to be the case for this to involve A&M's Title IX office.
It doesn't have to relate to a student. A visitor on campus could file a compliant against a student. The fact that he was on an official Texas Tech trip is what is relevant. If he would have been on a private vacation in the Summer, it would be different than the official Texas Tech trip.
AgEfan
So again no grounds for a complaint to be filed with A&M's title office if he comes to A&M. If there was any grounds for that, our staff would not have reached out.
MarcAg
AG
Why don't we wait to see if he even comes to A&M before we debate his off the field stuff more?
PatAg
AG
I just hope we snag a couple good players, and that at least one of them is a sharpshooter
KCup17
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Coleman is missing. Who else?

I saw Coleman at the Houston Open a couple weeks ago. He was wearing full A&M gear and following Sam Bennett. I'm not too worried about him not being in this photo.
The Marksman
AG
KCup17 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

I saw Coleman at the Houston Open a couple weeks ago. He was wearing full A&M gear and following Sam Bennett. I'm not too worried about him not being in this photo.
He was also at the Vandy game on Friday
Know Your Enemy
AG
KCup17 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

I wasn't worried about Coleman. Just trying to figure out the 2 others guys that weren't in the pic for whatever reason.
rlb28
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Proud AGGIES!!!
LawHall88
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
Under 31% from 3 point range.
KCup17
AG
I didn't mean to infer that you were worried. Was just wanting to add some anecdotal evidence.
BuzzFan24
MarcAg said:

Lol he already transferred out of NC State - played there his freshman year and played in 25 games! 25 games as a freshman and wanted out! Keats would be idiotic to take him back.
LawHall88
AG
Complete Idiot
As a reminder (mainly for me, maybe)

Portal period closes Wednesday May 1st.
halfastros81
AG
Brea would be an awesome get.
McGibblets
AG
Only a Complete Idiot would need a reminder
LawHall88
AG
pierceshipp
AG
unreal.
DTP02
AG
LawHall88 said:

zgolfz85
AG
Ah, the Evan approach…barf
Know Your Enemy
AG
pierceshipp said:

unreal.

Sounds smart to me.
The Marksman
AG
Do all yall who cry about NIL not realize that it helps the Aggies?
AgEfan
The Marksman said:

Do you know you are on the basketball board, not the football board?
The Marksman
AG
AgEfan said:

The Marksman said:

Do you know that NIL is for all sports, not just football?
AggieCrew44
AG
The Marksman said:

yeah in football. Basketball not so much

Nil is great. Should've always been a thing. Pay for play as one year merchants is ****ing embarrassing
AgEfan
The Marksman said:

AgEfan said:

The Marksman said:

Yes. Do you know NIL for our basketball program has not been an advantage in the past?
Aldo the Apache
AG
I truly wish our fanbase would understand we have more than football at this school. What happens in football does not translate across all sports
The Marksman
AG
AgEfan said:

The Marksman said:

AgEfan said:

The Marksman said:

Yes. Do you know NIL for our basketball program has not been an advantage in the past?
I never claimed we had elite basketball NIL going, but to pretend we don't have any is just being obtuse

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.