Portal Season Has Started

55,713 Views | 546 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by czar_iv
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Damn
MarcAg
AG
So after we land the SMU kid we are filled up.But if Hefner and/or Coleman decide not to use their Covid year and just be students and graduate from A&M then we can add 1-2 more.
pierceshipp
AG
I bet we possibly see one more addition after phelps and buzz convinces hef or henry to not play
MarcAg
AG
pierceshipp said:

I bet we possibly see one more addition after phelps and buzz convinces hef or henry to not play

It might not be a convincing them thing. One of them might not be interested in playing. I'm not saying that the case, but it could be.
Know Your Enemy
AG
You seem to have some inside info. Or am I reading too much into your posts?
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
First things first.

Is there some strong indication that Phelps to the Ags is happening?

The Marksman
AG

Not sure how much we can trust this, but seems like we are definitely major players at least
MarcAg
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

You are reading too much into my post. No inside info on Coleman and Hefner.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Boots will he tough to replace- as he was so much more than numbers or stats. He represented quiet leadership, character, clutch play and could carry our team at times - an excellent book end to Wade.

That being said...trading Boots, Leveque, and Lawrence,
(and Lindsay and White) - outgoing

for

Phelps, Payne, and Wilcher, (and Mills and Turkson) - incoming

APPEARS to be a definite OVERALL talent (and playing potential) upgrade - even if it ends there (i.e. regardless of Hefner or Coleman decisions about returning).

I am fine with all that.
Method Man
Yes until Arkansas or someone with more money calls him and he leaves without committing.
Know Your Enemy
AG
MarcAg said:

Know Your Enemy said:

You are reading too much into my post. No inside info on Coleman and Hefner.
MarcAg
AG
As expected

AgEfan
I really wanted Oweh, but knew it was over when he visited Kentucky after visiting us.
pierceshipp
AG
but if true, i'll take phelps over oweh alllll day
MarcAg
AG
pierceshipp said:

That's just crazy talk.
AgEfan
MarcAg said:

pierceshipp said:

That's just crazy talk.

I agree. I like Oweh better today and then you add to it he has two years to play. Buzz wanted Oweh more than Phelps too. They went to Phelps when Harris, Pope and Oweh fell through.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Any word on how the Phelps visit went and if a decision or announcement might be forthcoming?

Or will I be hearing later that he will be visiting Lexington or Oxford or Fayetteville this coming week?
AgEfan
I would think if we don't hear something today or tomorrow then you get concerned. You have to lock these kids up quickly after a visit before new teams come after them throwing money their way. We saw it with Harris, Oweh and Pope.
czar_iv
AG
Are we recruiting RJ Jones, K-State, who just went into the portal a few days ago? Hopefully Manny knows him from John Paul HS and get him a visit. This guy can really shoot from what I've heard.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
MarcAg
AG
czar_iv said:

Are we recruiting RJ Jones, K-State, who just went into the portal a few days ago?

Unless the player's side releases the info on social media we have no clue who all we are seriously after v
czar_iv
AG
MarcAg said:

czar_iv said:

Are we recruiting RJ Jones, K-State, who just went into the portal a few days ago?

Unless the player's side releases the info on social media we have no clue who all we are seriously after v

Ok thanks for the information
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.