Portal Season Has Started

66,783 Views | 626 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by pierceshipp
SeattleAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure I'm reading way too much into the pictures, but those are an interesting two pictures to pick. One of them is introspective and looks humbling with the head down. The other has a bling necklace and the urban background.

I agree with what you're saying. If he chooses A&M, I suspect it'll be because of the family atmosphere and the connection to our players. It's interesting to note that Wayne Tinkel's program has a similar small town, God oriented, family atmosphere at Oregon State. I think that's our draw for the kid from Napa. He was close to staying out even after the move to the MWC.
zgolfz85
AG
SeattleAg05 said:

I'm sure I'm reading way too much into the pictures, but those are an interesting two pictures to pick. One of them is introspective and looks humbling with the head down. The other has a bling necklace and the urban background.

I agree with what you're saying. If he chooses A&M, I suspect it'll be because of the family atmosphere and the connection to our players. It's interesting to note that Wayne Tinkel's program has a similar small town, God oriented, family atmosphere at Oregon State. I think that's our draw for the kid from Napa. He was close to staying out even after the move to the MWC.

On IG, there's pictures of him smiling and no expression on both schools.

One thing I will say we need to get the football marketing for basketball. This white background compared to the insane setup for football just ain't doing it. It's silly to say, but this is the kind of stuff that appeals to these kids these days.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
I felt the same way about those two pics side by side.
Complete Idiot
https://opendorse.com/profile/jordan-pope

BE HEARD AGGIE BASKETBALL ARMY
Schrute Farms
zgolfz85 said:

One thing I will say we need to get the football marketing for basketball. This white background compared to the insane setup for football just ain't doing it. It's silly to say, but this is the kind of stuff that appeals to these kids these days.

I took a look after reading your comment. The Texas set up kills ours. We could do much better.
LawHall88
AG
bobinator
AG

bobinator
AG
That's an intriguing pickup
awrollins
If we could land Pope this would be an excellent portal class
Know Your Enemy
AG
MarcAg
AG
Boom!! That's big
HotardRat
AG

And of course he's a great offensive rebounder.
The Marksman
AG
Payne is a huge get!
aginlakeway
AG
Have we lost ONE player to the portal?
MarcAg
AG
aginlakeway said:

Not yet
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
bobinator said:

We needed this!

NOW...Pope? You are up next!
Know Your Enemy
AG
aginlakeway said:

As of now us and Kansas are the only two teams that haven't had a single player enter the portal.
JJxvi
AG
Pope is going to Texas, right? Like surely he's not going to transfer to a team that already has an All American point guard still on the roster.
Know Your Enemy
AG
JJxvi said:

Pope is going to Texas, right? Like surely he's not going to transfer to a team that already has an All American point guard still on the roster.

We play 3 guards at the same time and Boots is leaving so clearly there's space for him.
Pumpkinhead
AG
This guy wasn't free, so landing him plus the fact that no best players from last year's team have entered the transfer portal presumably means A&M has a basketball NIL budget that is greater than $0.00.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Know Your Enemy said:

JJxvi said:

We play 3 guards at the same time and Boots is leaving so clearly there's space for him.

Exactly.

Pope can be All Conference this year and All American next year as he takes over the mantle as lead guard for the Aggies.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

Know Your Enemy said:

JJxvi said:

Exactly.

Pope can be All Conference this year and All American next year as he takes over the mantle as lead guard for the Aggies.
Whoa now. Let's temper our expectations a bit on how good Jordan Pope is or can be. He would be a really good pickup though.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Pumpkinhead said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

Know Your Enemy said:

JJxvi said:

Exactly.

Whoa now. Let's temper our expectations a bit on how good Jordan Pope is or can be. He would be a really good pickup though.

Why?

I doubt Pope is tempering HIS expectations!
Know Your Enemy
AG

NBA Draft????
SeattleAg05
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

Know Your Enemy said:

JJxvi said:

Exactly.

I legitimately think he can be that good offensively.
The Marksman
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

NBA Draft????
Good for him. He'll likely be a 2nd round pick and carve out a nice career for himself. Really wish we could have held on to him.
Aldo the Apache
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

NBA Draft????

I don't think it would be crazy to say he was a top 5 player in the B12 this past year. Transfers notwithstanding, he was a really good example of a player developing over a college career
MarcAg
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

NBA Draft????

A couple of months ago a lot of people had him as a first rounder. Then he seemed to slide.
Redfishag93
Longhorns have already picked up 2 transfer guards, tramon mark and a point guard.
Hopefully this helps us.
Not sure what they lost.
Redfishag93
Pope's highlights remind me a lot of Wade Taylor.
Smaller guard who can really score. Takes a lot of tough shots (like Wade) and somehow makes them (like Wade).
Know Your Enemy
AG
MarcAg said:

Know Your Enemy said:

NBA Draft????

A couple of months ago a lot of people had him as a first rounder. Then he seemed to slide.

Really? Damn, I had no idea.
awrollins
Redfishag93 said:

Pope's highlights remind me a lot of Wade Taylor.
Smaller guard who can really score. Takes a lot of tough shots (like Wade) and somehow makes them (like Wade).

He does it a lot more efficiently though (45/37/88)
Mikeyshooter
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

MarcAg said:

Know Your Enemy said:

NBA Draft????

Really? Damn, I had no idea.

Probably because it didn't happen.

phorizt
MarcAg said:

Know Your Enemy said:

NBA Draft????

his shooting dropped off significantly the 2nd half of the season.
MarcAg
AG
Yeah. Playing mid major and smaller schools defense and playing big 12 defenses are often different animals.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.