Portal Season Has Started

66,597 Views | 624 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by EliteZags
Mikeyshooter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buzz is going to miss on all the high level guards and then come out of nowhere and snag Kadary Richmond.

pierceshipp
AG
imagine.
Ags #1
AG
Owuh crystal ball to Kentucky
Know Your Enemy
AG
Ags #1 said:

Owuh crystal ball to Kentucky
EliteZags
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

I suspect that if Kentucky wants Oweh then they will get him.

That loss of Pope (I know...I know...the sips made it a "head to head" battle on purpose) still stings.

Really hope Buzz can pull a high-performing guard, preferably with a couple of years of eligibility left, out of his hat!

he can pull one right out the hat called our bench in Jaelyn Lee give him the damn ball
pierceshipp
AG
I support this!
HotardRat
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
HotardRat said:

Our NIL fund has been holding out for this guy!

Let's get him!!!
AggieCrew44
AG

This guy is even better
EliteZags
AG
this is what Jaelyn Lee would look like after dominating a season in D2
Know Your Enemy
AG
HotardRat
AG
Kansas will be unstoppable
Know Your Enemy
AG
Mikeyshooter
AG
Ugh we're basically 1 player away from being a sweet 16 type team.

Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Mikeyshooter said:

Agree.

Besides Pope and Oweh - who else of their talent level have we been "in the running for" before "losing them" to another team?

Of course, Jace suddenly finding his shooting touch and getting back to making a third of his shots from outside the arc, continued tough play and improvement from Manny both offensively and defensively, and the same improvement and continued development from everybody else coming back - plus, perhaps a surprise in the ability to step in and immediately contribute from one or both of our incoming fish (I'm thinking Mills more likely than Turkson) - we MIGHT already be a "Sweet Sixteen type" team :-)
Redfishag93
We gotta get another guard who can handle the ball and score. Jace carter can't.

Right now, I'd roll w Taylor, manny, Payne, Andy and solo starting. Go big
MarcAg
AG
Redfishag93 said:

We gotta get another guard who can handle the ball and score. Jace carter can't.

Right now, I'd roll w Taylor, manny, Payne, Andy and solo starting. Go big

I said the same thing to method man last night. If Solo can develop his outside shot you could play him alongside Andy and Payne.
Redfishag93
And you thought we were a good rebounding team last year? That bunch would murder teams…Payne looks very physical.

Andy just beats the crap outta guys.

Andy and solo can shoot it well enough imo.

Ball handling would be a concern
greg.w.h
AG
Andy and Solo both made progress on handle during the season this year. But I wouldn't make them bring the ball up most of the time. They both helped in pressure and I think Andy even dribbled some.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

Mikeyshooter said:

Agree.

Besides Pope and Oweh - who else of their talent level have we been "in the running for" before "losing them" to another team?

Of course, Jace suddenly finding his shooting touch and getting back to making a third of his shots from outside the arc, continued tough play and improvement from Manny both offensively and defensively, and the same improvement and continued development from everybody else coming back - plus, perhaps a surprise in the ability to step in and immediately contribute from one or both of our incoming fish (I'm thinking Mills more likely than Turkson) - we MIGHT already be a "Sweet Sixteen type" team :-)

https://247sports.com/longformarticle/reed-sheppard-2024-basketball-rankings-update-kentucky-who-could-be-the-next-reed-sheppard-225966020/#2351857

pierceshipp
AG

Definitely Zhuric Phelps, and in my book, he's a take all day. Get him home staff.
Method Man
Tell me about him.
pierceshipp
AG
Not a good shooter, but great get downhill guy, would open up more shots for wade as well. Averaged 14 pts 4 reb and 3 ast. I'll post his tape
pierceshipp
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
Yikes. His best season is 31% from 3-point range. The highlights are nice but it sure would be nice to add guys who can actually shoot. He'd probably be a good Boots replacement though.
MarcAg
AG
He would help. There are guys I would rather have, but I guess you have to take what you can. He shot 18% from three in his last 13 games. Thats alarming. He can score at the rim though. He gets steals. Has a decent mid range game.
pierceshipp
AG
I think we will use CJ Wilcher right, he's a good shooter, and I bet we after one more possibly, even if we don't go after another shooter, if we can get wade more open shots, he'll hit them.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Too lazy took it up - but what was Boots from 3 point land in his last 13 games?

This kid rebounds and defends and gets to the rim to score - so perhaps a reasonable facsimile of Boots other than from outside the arc.
MarcAg
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

Too lazy took it up - but what was Boots from 3 point land in his last 13 games?

32%
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
MarcAg said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

32%

Thanks, MarcAg!

My contention that Phelps could represent a reasonable Boots facsimile OTHER THAN the outside shooting still stands.
bobinator
AG
We don't need to replace Boots, Manny will mostly do that, we just need an improvement over what we got at the three spot for most of the year and some depth that can play any guard spot. We just need viable options, they don't need to be all that good individually. Last year we didn't have any at all.
Redfishag93
Phelps is a definite take at this point. We have to have a 3rd guard who can put more than 3 dribbles together without turning it over.

His 3 point shooting looks poor on paper, but he shot 74% from FT and maybe Wade and manny can create cleaner looks for him than what he got this year to improve his percentage.

Can't say I love the looks of his shot though. Looks like he shoots it across his body.
Redfishag93
Odd highlight video by the way.
Never seen a highlight video showing 5 straight missed jumpers…any misses for that matter.
pierceshipp
AG
It is his transfer tape, shows his strengths and weaknesses.
Know Your Enemy
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.