******* Official Cowboys draft 2024 *******

64,888 Views | 977 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Macarthur
shack009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Address OT with a quality pick and get the ability to address the 3 other key needs on day 2. That's an excellent day 1

Jerry GM'd the heck out of tonight. Moved back 5, got an early 3rd, and still got the guy he wanted the whole time.
DannyDuberstein
AG
They whipped the very raw Tyler Smith into shape in one summer, so I'm confident they'll have Guyton ready to roll by Sept
Texker
AG
bonfarr said:

Only 14 starts in college which is worrisome but he is crazy athletic. Gonna need him to develop quickly
Like yesterday.
Macarthur
Steele will be 2 years away from ACL so I think he will be much better in 24.
jr15aggie
AG
I like Guyton more than I liked the Tyler Smith pick and we know how that worked out.

Lots of ways this draft falls where we take Guyton at 24.... to get him and an extra 3rd is a pretty good night for Dallas.
gigem1223
shack009 said:

gigem1223 said:

Think they move Steele to guard? Or go with Bass?

I think they want Guyton to be LT.

Even though he played RT at OU? Tyler Smith seems like the obvious LT choice to me with Guyton at RT. Especially with Steele struggling since his injury.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Good with the pick but you'd think by looking at the Cowboys war room they just drafted Harrison. Jones family loves putting on a show for the cameras.
Macarthur
I think

Guyton
Smith
?
Martin
Steele

Is pretty dang good start. Need to figure out center but don't forget Bass and Hoffman.
bonfarr
AG
Who does our scouts like at RB? Which did we bring in for interviews?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

You'd think by looking at the Cowboys war room they just drafted Harrison. Jones family loves putting on a show for the cameras.

I don't mind Charlotte putting on a show
gigem1223

You'd think by looking at the Cowboys war room they just drafted Harrison. Jones family loves putting on a show for the cameras.

I think they deserve to celebrate tonight. They got an extra top 100 pick and apparently got their guy.
zgolfz85
AG

The eagles vs boys war room footage is telling. Eagles look polished and cohesive…boys look like a bunch of Jerry yes men
Tksymm7
AG
I think there's no chance Guyton plays left tackle. He's entirely too inexperienced and raw for that critical of a job as a rookie.
shack009
AG
gigem1223 said:

shack009 said:

gigem1223 said:

Think they move Steele to guard? Or go with Bass?

I think they want Guyton to be LT.

Even though he played RT at OU? Tyler Smith seems like the obvious LT choice to me with Guyton at RT. Especially with Steele struggling since his injury.

Yeah, I think he's been viewed as an LT this whole process. The Cowboys want to keep Smith at LG, despite their protestations that he could play LT.
jr15aggie
AG
shack009 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Address OT with a quality pick and get the ability to address the 3 other key needs on day 2. That's an excellent day 1

Jerry GM'd the heck out of tonight. Moved back 5, got an early 3rd, and still got the guy he wanted the whole time.

I think you are right. As much talk as we had about Barton, Jerry and Will were pretty locked into Guyton I think. There were just so many people that had him as our pick tonight.
Vince Blake
bonfarr said:

Jonathan Brooks, Trey Benson, Bucky Irving, Braelon Allen.

Jonathan Brooks has been heavily mocked to Dallas in the 2nd.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
zgolfz85 said:

The eagles vs boys war room footage is telling. Eagles look polished and cohesive…boys look like a bunch of Jerry yes men

Also filled their war room with a bunch of Jerry's grandkids literally sitting at the table.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Tksymm7 said:

I think there's no chance Guyton plays left tackle. He's entirely too inexperienced and raw for that critical of a job as a rookie.

Ummmm Tyler Smith 2022
gigem1223
I think they should go

Smith
Bass or Steele
Hoffman or draft pick
Martin
Guyton

Steele is your swing if Bass wins the guard competition.
Tksymm7
AG
And we thought Tyler Smith was inexperienced and raw.
jr15aggie
AG
Vince Blake said:

bonfarr said:

Yep, everything points to Brooks if he's there (or close enough to trade up for).

But the Cowboys have a history of watching other teams take their favorite 2nd round players so we'll see how it goes.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Yet he was very good at LT as a rookie. So your point that they'll never do it is….?
Tksymm7
AG
I think Steel is going to start almost for sure no matter what he plays. His contract is pretty large now and I just don't think you have a guy with those numbers as a six man swing man type.
Tksymm7
AG
That we have Tyler smith that played left tackle.
jr15aggie
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Yep. I learned my lesson with Will McClay drafting 1st round oline like a boss. I HATED the Tyler Smith pick and the guy is one of the best young talents in the NFL.

If the Cowboys are excited about Guyton then so am I.
shack009
AG

Ridiculous athleticism
DannyDuberstein
AG
Tksymm7 said:

They aren't drafting a T here and moving Tyler Smith to LT unless Guyton ends up a complete and total miss - which I do not think he will be. No way that is the plan.
zgolfz85
AG
Maybe we can get edge cooper in round 2
Macarthur
Smith is a future pro bowler at G. You leave him at G.
shack009
AG
gigem1223 said:

I think they should go

Smith
Bass or Steele
Hoffman or draft pick
Martin
Guyton

Steele is your swing if Bass wins the guard competition.

I'm searching twitter to try to find Guyton's actual projected position but k can't find anything that says he's either a RT or LT. But I do see a lot of implications that he's playing next to Tyler Smith or that the cowboys get to keep Smith at LG, which only imply that Guyton is a LT.
jr15aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Tksymm7 said:

They aren't drafting a T here and moving Tyler Smith to LT unless Guyton ends up a complete and total miss - which I do not think he will be. No way that is the plan.

Completely agree. No way we draft an OT if we had any plans to move Tyler (which we all knew they do not). We also didn't draft an OT to compete with Steele that we just paid a ton of money to.

Guyton is our penciled in starting LT until proven otherwise.
bonfarr
AG
Vince Blake said:

bonfarr said:

You think he will be there at 24? Most have him as RB1 in the draft.
gigem1223
Macarthur said:

Smith is a future pro bowler at G. You leave him at G.

He is also really good at LT. I do not feel comfortable throwing a rookie that played RT at OU at LT over someone who has proven he can play the LT position really well.
bonfarr
AG
shack009 said:

Ridiculous athleticism

Similar size and athleticism to Tyron Smith coming out of college. Tyron was a Junior that was wasn't all that experienced either. Let's hope we have similar results.Tyron scored a 9.68 RAS
shack009
AG

Dane and Saad seem to think LT, based on this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.