******* Official Cowboys draft 2024 *******

62,328 Views | 974 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Danny Vermin
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Definitely a BPA kind of pick. All are wild cards at this point but seems like value
shack009
AG
5th round corner been good to the cowboys
Vince Blake
Lance Zierlein had Carleen Carson projected as a 3rd rounder. He was 102 on Dane Brugler's board. Sound like a good value pick.
Macarthur
Brugler had him as a 3rd rounder type. Good value.
Tksymm7
AG
Also this. Forgot about that.
bonfarr
AG
If he is there in the 7th I would love to take Michael Pratt, the Tulane QB.
shack009
AG
shack009 said:

Do not want Johnny Wilson. Dude has the drops like nobody I've ever seen.

Eagles going to love Johnny Wilson for being 6'8" two times a year. The rest of the year they will can't stand how he can't get open or when he does get open he drops the ball.
TyHolden
AG
wrong board....
Woods Ag
AG
PFF ranks each draft pick and has the CB the cowboys jsut picked as an "Elite" pick.

Most picks are average, below average, above average. then there's good, great, elite i think. Very few Elites.

REVIEW

Carson played more than 2,000 defensive snaps over four years at Wake Forest. His calling card is physicality. Though not overly imposing in height or weight, he likes to get his hands on receivers at the top of the route and when they try to get vertical on him. His best athletic trait is his downhill click-and-close ability. His feet and hips are fast and fluid. However, he may also play a lot of off-coverage because his long speed and recovery speed are average to below average. He recorded strong forced incompletion rates but made just one interception in two seasons as a starter. Carson is an impactful run defender, too.

Carson lacks the long speed/recovery speed to play island coverage. He can be a CB2/3 as an off-coverage defender in a zone-heavy scheme, bringing good downhill closing speed and reliable tackling.

PROS
  • Displays quick click-and-close ability downhill.
  • Very willing tackler.
  • Hips can flip fluidly and quickly.
  • Likes to keep it physical through the route.
  • Plays above his weight class in run defense.
CONS
  • Lack of weight/strength shows up when tackling.
  • Needs to get hands on receivers to keep up with them vertically.

I'm still pissed at them.
shack009
AG
Doesn't make what you said untrue.
Woods Ag
AG
Well what did he say?!!
shack009
AG
Woods Ag said:

Well what did he say?!!

Caden Sorrell has hot bat lol
TyHolden
AG
shack009 said:

Woods Ag said:

Well what did he say?!!
we're about to break it open - big boys with ducks
shack009
AG
TyHolden said:

shack009 said:

Woods Ag said:

Well what did he say?!!
we're about to break it open - big boys with ducks

It's broken.
shack009
AG
What's the story on Leonard Taylor III? Thought he was a beast. Still available.
Vince Blake
Well it's near the end of the 6th round almost the 7th. I'm going to stand on the table for Cody Schrader at this point.
bonfarr
AG
Never heard of him
bonfarr
AG
shack009 said:

What's the story on Leonard Taylor III? Thought he was a beast. Still available.

He had a terrible season, was considered a major disappointment.
shack009
AG
Someone is going to need to explain why we took a guy from SEMO over Jerry Rice's son.
bonfarr
AG
Memphis RB Blake Watson still available, ESPN has him as #11 RB
Danny Vermin
Anther OL to develop. I'm fine with always drafting OL
PooDoo
AG
shack009 said:

Someone is going to need to explain why we took a guy from SEMO over Jerry Rice's son.

If you watch his highlights, half of them are with severe shadows on the field. He's going to be our afternoon game at AT&T secret weapon.
J.P. 03
AG
UDFA tracker so far via Blogging the Boys. Still no RB as of this post but I assume this list will grow in the coming hours:

Quote:

Brevyn Spann-Ford - TE, Minnesota
Jason Johnson - LB, UCF
Solo Turner - DB, Illinois
Cam Johnson - WR, Northwestern
Brock Mogenson - LB, South Dakota
Denzel Daxon - DT, Illinois
chris1515
AG
I'd love to hear Mike McCarthy's views on not adding an RB in the draft. This is stunning.

Even more so when you look at the available free agents at RB. Zeke was the best available…it's all downhill after that! Yikes.
Woods Ag
AG
Yes. That Zeke is the prize in FA running backs makes it even more egregious.

This ****ing decision making team is completely incompetent. They don't deserve our fandom.

We're "all-in" guys! Come buy tickets and merchandise..
98Ag99Grad
AG
All in means at least make Henry an offer. When he didn't do that o reset my expectations
Woods Ag
AG
They're full of ***** It's about cashing in on the biggest fan base in the world. **** winning, just keep selling them turds and call it a championship team.
J.P. 03
AG
10:30 pm UDFA updates. Good news: Josh DeBerry! Bad news: still no RB.

WR Cam Johnson, Northwestern
WR Corey Crooms, Minnesota
TE Alec Holler, UCF
TE Brevyn Spann-Ford, Minnesota
EDGE Byron Vaughns, Baylor
DT- Denzel Daxon, Illinois
LB Brock Mogenson, South Dakota
LB Jason Johnson, UCF
DB Josh DeBerry, Texas A&M
Agristotle
AG
Henry got two years $16M from Baltimore. Dallas couldn't afford that because they are paying Gag Prescott like he's Mahomes.
PooDoo
AG
The DallasCowboys.com guys get to interview several of the scouts and assistant coaches before day 3. Crazy thing Greg Ellis mentioned. That turd Mazi Smith was a no-show at the voluntary off-season workouts. The audacity of that dude, was he busy tracking down auctioned off mini-storages?

zgolfz85
AG
Cowboys grade C in my book. Way too much wtf, way too much passing over bonafide as sure as it gets on paper picks for raw projects when we need bodies now with no time to develop. No RB!?! You ****ing kidding me? There was a lot of production at the position that we just passed over time and time again. Maybe they have a couple of unsigned guys we don't know about, but what a giant concern. Of all the guys, I think I'm maybe most excited about the western Michigan edge rusher, or the wake corner and that seems insane to say considering all the amazing dudes we just watched come and go. Considering that half this haul probably won't see a roster, I'd have rather moved up in one of those rounds and taken one of the obvious splashes. I'm ready for Jerry to take a medical retirement yesterday. This Jones family culture is beyond obnoxious at this point and I'm ready for Jerry's ass to ride into the sunset. At least Stephen doesn't seem as much like satan's spawn.

**** Dak. **** Jerry. Prove us wrong this year but yeah effing right this season screams 10-7 ceiling.
Southlake
C-

But hey, Jerry can't wait to pick up Zeke again…

9-8
Peter Klaven
AG
Reading this thread, you would think the 2024 season is the most important in the history of the franchise....if you can disregard the "all-in" ridiculousness and look forward 5-10 years I would say the cowboys did a great job of building for the future in this draft.

We may see five guys start out of this class and that would be phenomenal.

But yeah if we sign Zeke to get 200 carries then by all means F Jerry.
PooDoo
AG
What percentage of this draft do you figure will be on the roster in 5 years?
98Ag99Grad
AG
I'm not mad about the draft but none of picks or moves screams all in IMO. whatever. I'm a fan and love this team but don't see them competing for the SB after today. Does anyone else?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.