***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

146,957 Views | 3310 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Falcon74
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And Luka almost had that last rebound for another triple double
Infection_Ag11
AG
Thanks Kings
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
zgolfz85
AG
Luka bro
Infection_Ag11
AG
Your superstar has to hit one of these
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
zgolfz85
AG
Going 2-0 in their house with what was on the line is wild
zgolfz85
AG
Great ****ing win
gigem1223
Helluva win tonight. Offense was doodoo for 3 quarters. Defense and effort was great.
gigem1223
Kyrie is a good dude. Such a good interview. What a get for the Mavs
DANManman
AG
And that's with them freakin' pushing off and bumping on screens nearly offensive possession. Do all the Cali teams just do that?

I'll savor this one
Jesus saves
DANManman
AG
PSA: Texas didn't ban them, they ended service in TX after the government had the audacity to tell them to add age verification (which is easily bypassed anyway).

That's not even considering they don't screen their content. You don't know who's in those videos or why.

Not trying to sound judgmental, but consider that it's very likely there are exploited people on there…
Jesus saves
shack009
AG
Sabonis with the dumbest triple double you could possible imagine.

I despise him now and now think he may be one of the most overrated players in the league. Not sure he got one 50/50 rebound against Gafford or Lively in either of these games and nearly all his assists were on DHOs.

Gafford and Lively bossed him in this two game set.
shack009
AG
dave94
AG
What a helluva two-step in Sacramento. This team is as ready for the playoffs as we've seen in a bit
shack009
AG
The Nuggets were without Murray again tonight and got blasted at home by Minnesota. Minnesota is now first in the west and Denver is third.

Ending up in the 4/5 series and still not having to play Denver until the WCF would be dream scenario.
Grapesoda2525
shack009 said:

The Nuggets were without Murray again tonight and got blasted at home by Minnesota. Minnesota is now first in the west and Denver is third.

Ending up in the 4/5 series and still not having to play Denver until the WCF would be dream scenario.
Clippers keep barely winning at the end of games. Pelicans not losing much.
Infection_Ag11
AG
The Clippers will always be scary because they have two long, elite wing defenders who can make life hard on our backcourt.
shack009
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

The Clippers will always be scary because they have two long, elite wing defenders who can make life hard on our backcourt.

I don't think people consider either of those guys to be elite defenders anymore.

And they also have two guys who are notorious for laying eggs in the playoff. And Russell Westbrook.
Guitarsoup
AG
Malik Monk sprained ACL, so that's going to hurt the Kings to close out the season, too
shack009
AG
Just how much did the mavs centers dominate Sabonis and the paint in general? Held the Kings to 20 percentage points below league average at the rim. Gafford and Lively rule.

shack009
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Malik Monk sprained ACL, so that's going to hurt the Kings to close out the season, too

Phoenix catches another break that will help them win the 7/8 play-in.
Guitarsoup
AG
After Luka iced the game with the FTs , he waved bye bye to Vlade and said "He shoulda drafted me"
shack009
AG
He's right you know/Morgan Freeman
BallerStaf2003
AG
I watch every single game, and I can't get over how different the team is post trade. All of a sudden, we are team with tough defense, grit, and physicality, and just so happen to have two of the world's best offensive players.

I knew the trade was a good trade, but I had no idea it would pay dividends like this.
M.C. Swag
AG
Ya it's weird watching this team win…ugly. They went from an "Air Raid" offense to "Ground and Pound" lol.
shack009
AG
To add on to that, the rules changes have helped so much. The team is a more physical team with Gafford, PJ, and DLII, and the refs are now letting guys be a lot more physical. We added the perfect guys at the perfect time.

Remember when we were concerned about Lively foul trouble. Sure he's playing less now, but has he even come close to being in foul trouble? PJ is a physical defender and has he come close to being in foul trouble since being on the mavs?

The Mavs have been a gigantic winner from the change in officiating.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Guitarsoup said:

After Luka iced the game with the FTs , he waved bye bye to Vlade and said "He shoulda drafted me"

I love Luka, but in the Kings defense literally every GM and scout in the NBA had the same criticism of Luka at draft time. He proved nearly everyone wrong with respect to the idea that his relative lack of athleticism wouldn't translate to the NBA.
Infection_Ag11
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

I watch every single game, and I can't get over how different the team is post trade. All of a sudden, we are team with tough defense, grit, and physicality, and just so happen to have two of the world's best offensive players.

I knew the trade was a good trade, but I had no idea it would pay dividends like this.

Dallas playing like they did in the first game in Sacramento is the best team in the league right now, full stop. That team can beat Boston in a 7 game series.
Guitarsoup
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Guitarsoup said:

I love Luka, but in the Kings defense literally every GM and scout in the NBA had the same criticism of Luka at draft time. He proved nearly everyone wrong with respect to the idea that his relative lack of athleticism wouldn't translate to the NBA.

The bigger issue is they drafted DeAaron Fox the year before.

But they still took Marvin Bagley #2 overall ahead of JJJ.
NoahAg
Going to the game in Houston tomorrow night. When will we know if Luka is playing? Wondering if there will be a drop in resale prices if he's ruled out.
M.C. Swag
AG
Depends. If he doesn't travel with the team, then we'll know pretty early. But if he travels, they won't announce anything until about 2 hrs prior to tip off.
NoahAg
Thanks. Last time they came we had 7 guys out with injuries.
shack009
AG
Thank goodness the Pelicans don't pull off the upset of Boston. Half game back of 5th.
shack009
AG
zgolfz85
AG
shack009 said:

Nice, hopefully we go up big early and can rest him
shack009
AG
Luka flexing on the ref after the ref didn't call that clear foul.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.