***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

150,947 Views | 3471 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by shack009
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
shack009 said:

I'm thinking that's a possibility.

But Mav-destroyer Jonathan Kuminga has been out for them and is listed as questionable right now. Would be a fairly comparable loss for them, if not more impactful.
nice, although he's probably way less damaging now that we have Gafford in the mix
shack009
AG
A couple weeks ago when we played GS Gafford had that 7-block game but Kuminga still went off for 27 and was the sole reason it was semi close. Warriors had no Steph then, though.
zgolfz85
AG
shack009 said:

A couple weeks ago when we played GS Gafford had that 7-block game but Kuminga still went off for 27 and was the sole reason it was semi close. Warriors had no Steph then, though.
totally forgot we played them post trade already

welp, hopefully that was an anomaly
shack009
AG
Looks like Klay has been added to the injury report (questionable) and the Mavs are now favored by 1. So I think that was the swing we all expected.

Mavs should be a slight favorite on the road in this spot.
M.C. Swag
AG
Honestly Klay being out isn't much of a loss for GS
shack009
AG
That's true, but at least the 1 in 10 probability of him going off from downtown and staking GS to a large lead has gone out the window.
shack009
AG
Dwight Powell in the game in the first quarter…
gigem1223
Brutal offensively so far and their shooting the lights out from 3
gigem1223
Somehow tied at half lol
shack009
AG
Down 13 with 3 minutes left and tied at the half.
Grapesoda2525
I don't say this often, but I really don't think the refs are giving us a fair shake. I've seen way too many maverick players hit the floor and not enough fouls called on golden state. Refs are letting them mug us pretty much.
shack009
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I don't say this often, but I really don't think the refs are giving us a fair shake. I've seen way too many maverick players hit the floor and not enough fouls called on golden state. Refs are letting them mug us pretty much.
Luka clearly got fouled on a made basket in the paint that went uncalled, but I think they've allowed us to be pretty physical with them too. There's been a thing here or there, but I don't think it's been terrible tonight.

GS will always get the benefit at home and refs will always look for margins to hose Luka and Cuban.
shack009
AG
Andrew Wiggins going off is classic GS against us... Always happens with someone weird
gigem1223
Not worried. It's taking some miraculous bench efforts on the warriors part. The warriors are shooting 55% from 3 and giving everything they've got and it's still tied.
gigem1223
Terrible close the 3rd. Really missing Lively tonight.
zgolfz85
AG
Damn we were up 9 and I take the dogs out and brush my teeth and we're down 6. wtf
shack009
AG
gigem1223 said:

Terrible close the 3rd. Really missing Lively tonight.
Yeah seeing Dwight on the floor for any number of minutes is a reminder of how nice we have had it for the past couple months.

Things are starting to get really ridiculous for GS on the offensive end.
gigem1223
Good defense but every bounce is going the warriors way. One of those nights
shack009
AG
Yep it's just looking like one of those nights. GS shooting 52% from 3 and 46% overall. It's frustrating but it happens. It's actually kinda impressive that GS is shooting so well from 3 and we are still somewhat in this.
shack009
AG
Well, nice little mini run there. Kerr calls a TO after deciding to run a play through Looney and it ends in a steal and fast break basket.
FriscoKid
AG
I hope Irving is drinking water again in the second half. Maybe that will give him a boost of energy.
FriscoKid
AG
Hell yeah!
zgolfz85
AG
Let's take this game the **** back
shack009
AG
10 minutes ago that clown show of a Warriors offensive possession ends in a basket. In the present, it ends in a Mavs basket. And that's why the better team has caught up.
gigem1223
I love this team
shack009
AG
Refs decide to tighten it up for Curry in clutch time...
zgolfz85
AG
That was not a goaltend
shack009
AG
WTF was that actually goaltending...
gigem1223
Now we've gone cold
zgolfz85
AG
Might be the worst goal tend call I've ever seen
PatAg
AG
Gafford is exhausted and we cant really afford to sub him out because Kleber is getting cooked in this game.
gigem1223
Come back by attacking the basket, making points in the paint and then get 3 happy once we've tied it up
zgolfz85
AG
Is this a joke? So we're just really not going to even mention the previous call? wtf tnt
shack009
AG
To be fair, they kinda started to wall off the paint and the fast break buckets dried up. Teams are really willing to give PJ the corner three. he has to start making it because we can't take him off the floor.
shack009
AG
Wiggins became 2022 Finals Wiggins, so whatever. Stupid game that we still almost won. Disappointed we lost but I don't think we need to take anything big picture from this one.

Edit: Other than Lively is a very important piece, but we knew that already.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.