***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

151,054 Views | 3476 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by HawthornAggie
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Well we gave it an earnest shot. Portland REALLY wanted to keep Thybulle.
M.C. Swag
AG

I think I might be a fan of just rolling the MLE into next season. Not ideal but better than just giving it to a guy like Oubre.
zgolfz85
AG
M.C. Swag said:

I think I might be a fan of just rolling the MLE into next season. Not ideal but better than just giving it to a guy like Oubre.
agreed -- with omax, grant, lively and curry as additions, I feel like we've upgraded. looks like we're stuck with thj another season, unless we can pull off something for pj or hopefully someone else worthwhile. I'd love to take bol bol on a min type contract that doesn't affect mle as a flier
Señor Chang
AG
The teams have minimum payroll they have to meet. I'm guessing they needed to do something with that money if they're not planning on having Dame on the payroll this season.
Guitarsoup
AG
Señor Chang said:

The teams have minimum payroll they have to meet. I'm guessing they needed to do something with that money if they're not planning on having Dame on the payroll this season.

They were way above that. It only came into play for the Spurs prior to Bullock
shack009
AG

Hopefully these guys could practice with the team today. Only two more days until game 1.
hph6203
AG
Unfortunately that means Holmes can't be paired in a trade for awhile.
M.C. Swag
AG

Shoutout to Holmes for already being a great team player!
shack009
AG
Watching summer league right now and Leonard Miller is half a foot taller Manny Obaseki. It is eerie.
shack009
AG

Oh man. Now we know why we had skinny Luka. He is going to let himself go now.
DannyDuberstein
AG
New meaning to the term "triple double"

M.C. Swag
AG
Oh hell ya good for him! I swear I heard they broke up, but glad that turned out to be false!
Legal Custodian
AG
So Portland has until 11 I believe to make their Thybulle match official and they still haven't? Anything there?
M.C. Swag
AG
Just extracting max pain imo. There's a small chance that Thybulle's agent told Portland he would rather play in Dallas and they could rescind the match or workout at trade, but it's highly unlikely.
shack009
AG
I listened to Followill's spot on the Hardline yesterday and he made it a point to say that Woj reporting Portland would match did not mean the match was official. He said something along those lines 3 times, reiterating that it was not official.

Something I thought was interesting/weird and just filed away, but I still expected Portland to match. Here's to hoping haha.
J.P. 03
AG
Any chance we can get Blake Griffin over to their GM's house?

M.C. Swag
shack009
AG
The deadline has passed now, right? When and how will we know they officially matched?
shack009
AG

Ah bummer…
Guitarsoup
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Any chance we can get Blake Griffin over to their GM's house?

mavsfan4ever
AG
Can't wait to see hardy tonight. I'm expecting big things. He's even money to score over 25 points and just +400 to score over 30.
shack009
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Can't wait to see hardy tonight. I'm expecting big things. He's even money to score over 25 points and just +400 to score over 30.

Given the block numbers Chet has been racking up and that Jalen Williams may be defending him, I'd be scared to bet Hardy points overs. The smart play may be to let him have a bad game today, then bet his overs in the next game when you may get better odds.
shack009
AG

I like the incentives for games played. Would have been higher in an ideal world, but making anything incentive-based in Kyrie's contract is a win.
shack009
AG
1/4 start at the FT line for Lively.
shack009
AG
I also think Lively's screens have been really bad so far.
shack009
AG
Down by 6 at the half, which isn't too bad considering Tre Mann has never missed a shot against the Mavs and Cason has made six 3s, almost all of which have been against the second unit.

• Hardy has been solid. Made some shots, a couple steals, a couple good finds of Lively.
  • Lively has been good on defense, but has not set 1 good screen yet. 1/4 at the FT and had a mammoth dunk on a nice find from Hardy.
  • They are only letting Lively play short spurts. Don't think he has been out there for more than a few minutes at a time.
  • Like what I have seen from O-Max. Made his first three point attempt and missed his second. Collected a loose ball underneath and went right at Chet with a reverse lay in.
  • The starting 5 (Hardy, Wright IV, Lawson, O-Max, Lively) were really good defensively, I thought. It's a pretty defense-heavy group, so good to see they did what they were supposed to do.
  • Don't think Mike Miles has been very good on either end, sadly.
  • Chet has really deterred our guys from going inside.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Who coaches summer league?
shack009
AG
Jared Dudley
shack009
AG

Good news. Was hoping we wouldn't be seeing them play less than half of the game for the rest of SL.
M.C. Swag
AG
Lol had a little fun this morning on a topic I hold near and dear to my heart

https://texags.com/forums/52/topics/3386603/replies/65183565
Zachary Klement
AG
Great post. Dirk was definitely better than KG.
Señor Chang
AG
Rumors that Dallas could be the third team in a trade with Atlanta and Toronto, which would have Capela coming to Dallas, and the Mavs shipping out THJ.
M.C. Swag
AG
If all we give up is THJ, that'd be amazing
shack009
AG
They can have McGee too, just because I'm a generous person!
Grapesoda2525
Señor Chang said:

Rumors that Dallas could be the third team in a trade with Atlanta and Toronto, which would have Capela coming to Dallas, and the Mavs shipping out THJ.

Please be true

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.