***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

150,957 Views | 3471 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by shack009
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Seems like they always choke against good teams.
You gonna celebrate?
NukeAg10
AG
hph6203 said:

What a freak.

Holy ***** That was awesome.
Grapesoda2525
PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Seems like they always choke against good teams.
You gonna celebrate?
Nice to gain ground on the suns.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I was losing my mind with the call that female ref made when she called that call after a Luka free throw miss when porter jr tripped over Jokic.

Might be the worst call I've ever seen. No exaggerstion.
NukeAg10
AG
I saw some pretty horrible, non-existent calls in the 06 finals, but that is pretty bad.
gigem1223
Looking at the remaining schedule, I see no reason we can't get to 48 wins. Is that enough to get out of the play in?
M.C. Swag
AG
Depends. We play the Kings twice at the end of the Month and we're currently tied with them (record wise). Gonna be huge. We need to win both those games so:
A) We have a better overall record but also..
B) The H2H tie breaker doesn't go to the Kings.

Guitarsoup
AG
What a ridiculous shot, but doing it with his off hand is even crazier
shack009
AG
No data to support this, but the eye test tells me he has been using his left hand way more recently, both at the rim and with short floaters. He's just showing off with that shot though.
hph6203
AG
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

Looking at the remaining schedule, I see no reason we can't get to 48 wins. Is that enough to get out of the play in?
Splitting with both Sacramento and GSW while winning nearly every game against bottom feeders would go along way to avoiding it.
Guitarsoup
AG
So Kings have been falling off lately and now its tied, with two games left between the two teams. Sacramento won the first two and has a 2.5 game lead for conference record.

Right now Minnesota is #3. Six seed gets you past the playin and I think I would rather play Minnesota than Denver or OKC, right? Pick and make Gobert switch out on Kyrie or Luka and just feast like every team has done in every playoffs ever against Gobert.

What do the Mavs fans want?
PatAg
AG
shack009
AG
I think ideal scenario is Denver ends up with the 1 seed and the Mavs get the 6 seed, so the earliest we could see Denver is the WCF. They are still the team that I want to avoid.

I honestly have no idea who I would prefer in the first between Minnesota and OKC, but in my scenario the Mavs would likely have to beat both to reach the WCF, so it doesn't really matter.
Grapesoda2525
Guitarsoup said:

So Kings have been falling off lately and now its tied, with two games left between the two teams. Sacramento won the first two and has a 2.5 game lead for conference record.

Right now Minnesota is #3. Six seed gets you past the playin and I think I would rather play Minnesota than Denver or OKC, right? Pick and make Gobert switch out on Kyrie or Luka and just feast like every team has done in every playoffs ever against Gobert.

I'm good with either Minnesota or okc. We played all our games with the Timberwolves pre trade and still beat them once. One or two other games we punted or no showed because of injury issues or rest.

As for the thunder, we're 1-1 against them since the trade and we did really well in the loss without luka on the road.

I think we can compete in both series. The main teams I don't want are the nuggets and clippers.
shack009
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Guitarsoup said:

I'm good with either Minnesota or okc. We played all our games with the Timberwolves pre trade and still beat them once. One or two other games we punted or no showed because of injury issues or rest.

As for the thunder, we're 1-1 against them since the trade and we did really well in the loss without luka on the road.

I think we can compete in both series. The main teams I don't want are the nuggets and clippers.
I don't know why, but I'm not near as scared of the Clippers as almost everybody else is. Luka has almost taken them down twice completely by himself. I think this team can matchup with them now with two effective big men and PJ as a guy who could guard Kawhi. Not to mention the way this team pushes the pace now.

Part of it could also be that there's still a decent chance they get very injured and are actually a bad team by the time the playoffs arrive.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Minnesota all day. Even if towns is back, he struggles in the playoffs.
Grapesoda2525
shack009 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Guitarsoup said:

I don't know why, but I'm not near as scared of the Clippers as almost everybody else is. Luka has almost taken them down twice completely by himself. I think this team can matchup with them now with two effective big men and PJ as a guy who could guard Kawhi. Not to mention the way this team pushes the pace now.

Part of it could also be that there's still a decent chance they get very injured and are actually a bad team by the time the playoffs arrive.
Kawhi won a championship pretty much by himself in Toronto. Although Durant being hurt made it possible.
shack009
AG
I mean we are several years and multiple Kawhi injuries removed from that. Kawhi was at the peak of his powers then (he was age 27-28) and Luka has only got better since the last time we played the clippers in a series.
Guitarsoup
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

shack009 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Kawhi won a championship pretty much by himself in Toronto. Although Durant being hurt made it possible.
Could not disagree with this more.

Kyle Lowry (6x all star including that year)
Pascal Siakam - MIP that year and All-NBA 2nd team the following year.
Marc Gasol - towards end of the career, but was DPOY and was still effective as a rim protector, and hit a lot of threes as a big. He shut down Embiid in the 2nd round.
Danny Green - All-Defense player
FVV - Really effective backup PG, good defensive player
Serge IBaka - past his prime, but still effective. Supposedly still 29yo.
Norman Powell - good shooting wing

Warriors had injured Durant. Klay and Looney each missed a game, too.

That was a fantastic Raptors team. People just didn't really know how good Pascal and FVV were.
hph6203
AG
zgolfz85
AG
hph6203 said:

that thing is so sick....only cuz it's luka. You'd have to be a maniac if you're a suburban dad driving it. makes me want to watch mad max
MW03
AG
I prefer his old restored camaro

https://instagr.am/p/CmnI-XgJWXJ
The Pilot
AG
zgolfz85 said:

hph6203 said:

that thing is so sick....only cuz it's luka. You'd have to be loaded if you're a suburban dad driving it. makes me want to watch mad max
gigem1223
Luka's shooting has not been good lately. Kyrie is hot, need to feed him more.
shack009
AG
Wemby is living rent free in everybody's head other than maybe Kyrie. You see guys get in the paint, see Wemby, and then completely change their mind from whatever they were thinking.
zgolfz85
AG
2-12 Luka ouch…those are Timmy numbers
Guitarsoup
AG
shack009 said:

Wemby is living rent free in everybody's head other than maybe Kyrie. You see guys get in the paint, see Wemby, and then completely change their mind from whatever they were thinking.
Over the last 15 games, the Spurs have the #1 defense in the league with Wemby on the court and the #25 defense in the league off the court. Happening to everyone.
gigem1223
Never seen this poor of a shooting night from Luka. He can't buy a bucket.
shack009
AG
What a classic Mavs game.
shack009
AG
Luka just got packed by Cedi... Then Blake Wesley... He is still hungover from Sunday.
zgolfz85
AG
4-21 Luka
dave94
AG
Exum has been big tonight!
shack009
AG
Dante Exum 4/4 on 3s
shack009
AG
Jeez and then that stupid foul... What are we doing...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.