SUMMARY: Coming & Going Retail, Restaurants, Businesses

83,636 Views | 593 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by jh88ag
Birddog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
The Boat in Bryan was painted a new brownish/maroon color and is really being cleaned up.

I read in the Eagle the same guy who owns Bryan Steak and Seafood out near the Bryan PO, bought the Boat and will open a seafood restraunt there also.
betas2000
AG
New Hotel between Ashley's Furniture and Ninfa's
Taz 27
quote:

just what we needed another hotel. Maybe they will build a self-storage out back and the town will be complete.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:

which hotel? i havent seen a sign there. i know there is a hotel coming in on SW Parkway right in front of the Holiday Inn.
HomerSimpson
Does anyone know what is going into the former Blackeyed Pea building on University? I see the "For Sale" sign is down and someone is fixing it up.
aggieann
AG
quote:
Does anyone know what is going into the former Blackeyed Pea building on University? I see the "For Sale" sign is down and someone is fixing it up.

I have heard that it will be an Asian/Chinese restaurant.
aggieord00
I recently met Ludwig, the owner of the German restaurant/Irish pub that is going in downtown Bryan. He said they were about 6 weeks from finishing the build out. Judging from what I saw when walking around the interior, that is about right. It looks like it is going to be a really great place.
Angry Beaver
AG
What ever happened to the Hooters? And where the hell is FM 158?

txdragonfly
AG
quote:
Hooters is coming! No, for real {bcstx06} Location rumored to be at FM158 and Hwy 60 {cafe15}Notice for a mixed beverage permit has been submitted to TABC {maverick2076} Should be opening in the fall {various} They are waiting on the official ruling from the hearing to start construction; open around March 08 {ag72576} Planning to start construction in March {ag72576}

No one has reported since that last entry.

FM 158 aka Booneville Rd/Hwy 30.
Anonymous Source
S
Unreal.
I wonder of the proposed move to a different location for Hooter's is a result of all those people complaining.
Funny, they have no problem with the dildo shop opening up in the same center, but you let someone come in serving chicken wings and we're all going to hell.

Gig 'Em
GoneGirl
AG
That's because they probably don't know what a dildo is... So they wont know to protest until they get a look at the place.
kraut
AG
Hooters would do better out on they bypass anyway, IMHO.
Twix
AG
Wow. You can say dildo, but you can't say peenus. Interesting.
Captn_Ag05
Horn_in_Aggieland
I'm guessing you won't be able to say the D word for long.
Anonymous Source
S
Why not? You can say dildo on TV

Gig 'Em
Twix
AG
You can also say b|tch on TV. TexAgs/MyBCS doesn't follow the same guidelines as the FCC though.
Scotch
AG
That 158/60 info is way outdated, the permit application was for the North Park Plaza location.

As far as them actually ever building, I'll believe it when they open.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
TexAgs/MyBCS doesn't follow the same guidelines as the FCC though.

True. I doubt the FCC gets overly worked up about a g g y.

Case in point... anyone remember the b**** jean craze in the 80s

[This message has been edited by TxElsie (edited 3/24/2008 4:43p).]
Anonymous Source
S
I would think someone would have to complain about the use of the word "dildo" for them to consider it.

Gig 'Em
superspeck
Just wait. I'm sure someone will be along to complain shortly...
bcstx06
It looks like there is a Volvo dealership going in Bryan at 2818 and Beckstreet. In the building that use to be Surplus Warehouse. Some one said it was a rental place though. Also the Villa Maria underpass is partly open, looks really nice also. The Target sign is up. I wonder when it will open. And what is that going up next to the Target?
rcj0618
The C&J bbq location on Harvey Rd./Hwy. 30 is closed for remodeling.
jasonarredondo
Sign at Navarro and Welborn (East Curb) states that an Ace Hardware is going to be built.
curry97
AG
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/17177516.html
1984Consol
I am just curious- people are in an uproar about this cindys place. isnt there an adult video in college staion next to denny's? people can by dildos there...
txdragonfly
AG
Adult Video was closed years ago as a result of the federal tax case against the parent company (it was one of the assets seized). There is another novelty shop in Bryan, though. Woody's is on S. College, but I haven't been in that one.

P.S. I'll try to update the master list tomorrow. I also noticed that the restaurant in the old Holiday Inn on Texas is now a Fulin Chinese Restaurant.
1984Consol
ewwww I hope the people that had to clean up the 25 cent booths wore rubber gloves and MAJORLY bleached that area I wonder what took over that building- guess I will find out on flys updated list
jrhmc
AG
I think they must have bulldozed the place because I don't think the building is even there anymore. IDK, it happened when we were living elsewhere.
AggiePhil
AG
The Adult Video building is there but the sign letters on the side have been removed.
txdragonfly
AG
List updated.
guitjon
quote:
It looks like there is a Volvo dealership going in Bryan at 2818 and Beckstreet. In the building that use to be Surplus Warehouse. Some one said it was a rental place though.

Since Volvo makes medium and heavy duty trucks (big box vans up to tractor trailer trucks) as well, my guess would be that it is a Volvo truck center which also does leasing. Good location for that type of venture.
51Merc-98Ag
AG
I didn't see this on the front page list:

Burger King is building a new restaurant next to McDonalds on Hwy 21.

for those college kids working at McD's, etc. I hear BK is starting $8/hr for experienced workers!
bcstx06
I here IHOP is going in the new Target Center.
txdragonfly
AG
Apparently so did Chip
quote:
IHOP is being courted to build in the Bryan Towne Center {ChipFTAC01}

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.