SUMMARY: Coming & Going Retail, Restaurants, Businesses

83,665 Views | 593 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by jh88ag
classo97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What does BTC stand for on the main post? Can't figure it out.

:-)
txdragonfly
AG
Bryan Towne Center; name of the shopping center
AgDotCom
Damn. You are definitely on top of this stuff.

Our problem will be when you're gone to Georgia. What then?
AgDotCom
quote:
Heard Albertsons at Longmire and Harvey Mitchell is closing in April.

Now THAT would be interesting.

How good do you feel your source is?
sornman
Per the owner, the new Ninfa's (on hwy 6) should be opening mid-March barring any setbacks.
bcstx06
What is that new building in front of Gander Mountain? Its green now, and looks like fastfood because it has a drive-thru window.
txdragonfly
AG
Dickey's; see the first post.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Any chance this could get stickied? It would be nice to have it where it's always easy to find.
bcstx06
txdragonfly, I see you took off any sign of me creating this whole coming and going idea. Im the one that created the original thread about 2 years ago, and you just pushed it to the side and made it your own. Thanks for taking credit on my idea!

No hard feelings.
txdragonfly
AG
I'm happy to give credit where credit is due. This thread morphed from another around August of last year. I honestly have no idea of a similar concept from two years ago.

edit: I suck at months

[This message has been edited by txdragonfly (edited 2/8/2008 10:54p).]
txdragonfly
AG
I can petition ooshwa for a title edit and (™bcstx06) at the end
TLIAC
AG
quote:
Username: bcstx06
Number of Posts: 111
Account Created: 9/26/2006 6:20:12 PM

You haven't even been posting for two years. Plus I bet that Fly has more than 111 posts just keeping the new thread current and updated. Plus if you didn't have hard feelings, you wouldn't have mentioned it in the first place. If I were you and I started the original thread I would just be proud that someone carried on the idea. I for one appreciate the work that she does to keep it current and never once have I heard her brag about being the "current thread queen."
bcstx06
Sorry for making you guys get all mad, I just wanted a litte credit for creating the original, I like what txdragon has done to continue it because I don't have the time. And I just said 2 years I didn't exactly remember how many years, but I know I created the original because I wanted a central location for new developments in BCS. Sorry if I hurt you guys feelings!
TLIAC
AG
Hey, I was just happy that I got to take up for somebody. Posters on here are always taking up for the cops and I never get to return the favor.
wapa
Cindie's is going in at North Park Plaza. It is a lingerie store and whatnot. I looked in there and it looked good inside but there was no merchandise yet so I don't know when it is going to open.
FortySomethingAg
Don't feel bad. Al Gore is still sore about that Internet thing.
Prest0
TXDRAGONFLY this is an awesome resource! Thank you so much for keeping this current. As the list keeps getting longer, have you given any thought to either A) moving the completed/closed notes to the bottom of the list in a different section or B) bolding or otherwise changing the colors once the notes are completed/closed so that it's easier to skim through the rumored/still-coming list?
txdragonfly
AG
I've thought about splitting it in to groups...Active, Came, Gone. Developments being in Active, developments that have opened in Came, and all closings in Gone. Should there be one for developments that fall through? Within each, it would still be sorted alphabetical by company name. Would that help people?
aznaggiegirl07
AG
i think you've been enough help already fly...
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
Cindie's is going in at North Park Plaza. It is a lingerie store and whatnot. I looked in there and it looked good inside but there was no merchandise yet so I don't know when it is going to open.

Cindie's isn't a lingerie store. It's an adult novelty shop. I had a LL try and talk me into letting her put one next to one of my stores in Austin last year. She told me they were an "upscale lingerie shop". She sent me a marketing package they had provided her with. After reading their marketing materials, here is my response I typed (but didn't send to her).

quote:
Dear Janie,

Thank you for submitting Cindie’s s a potential co-tenant for XXXXX. In our phone conversation, you described them to me as an “upscale lingerie shop”. I have to argue that they are not an “upscale lingerie shop” for the following reasons.

1. Their slogan is “Number One in Fantasy and Fun!”
2. They sell stripper shoes
3. They sell “adult novelties”.
4. “Gags” and “Videos” are both on their signage on the façade.
5. They use entirely too much neon inside their store.
6. In one of their stores, it appears that they sell wigs ranging in color from hot pink to dark blue.
7. It appears that they sell handbags with half naked dudes on them.
8. I see in one store a blonde mannequin wearing hot pink pants, a hot pink bra and a hot pink cowboy hat.
9. Upscale shops don’t sell novelty lingerie kits that come in a plastic bag like a 2nd grader’s Halloween costume at Wal*Mart.

I appreciate seeking our permission to open one of these in your centers, but I have to respectfully request for you to seek another co-tenant. Have you considered a high-end head shop or possibly an exclusive massage parlor?

Thank you and have a nice day.”

Anonymous Source
S
Wow. And all of those people around Northpark PLaza pitched a fit when Hooter's wanted to come in. They're liable to burn the place down once Cindie's opens up.

Gig 'Em
wapa
I never said it was an upscale lingerie store but it is in fact a lingerie store in addition to having adult gifts but I was trying to keep it PG on this thread and not go into details about it. Every Cindie's I have been into has mostly lingerie and swimsuits and then the other stuff is just extra things they have. I am looking forward to it coming to town. Maybe it will help loosen up the people in this area.

[This message has been edited by BlairAG04 (edited 2/12/2008 4:05p).]
GoneGirl
AG
They are all over the place here in Houston. But I can see some furor about one coming to BCS.
Ag2Max
AG
Cindie's has to open in North Park, that way the Hooters girls won't have far to go to shop!!
txdragonfly
AG
Lots of changes
Anonymous Source
S
quote:
But I can see some furor about one coming to BCS.

I wasn't here when it opened. Was there furor over Woody's on South College when it opened?

They should be complaining about the head shop right across the street, but it's still open.

Gig 'Em
Nom de Plume
AG
Really great fine dining in La Riviera, Hooters soon to be open, several places to buy your 26" chrome rims, and now an adult store...all within 2 blocks.

Wow.

[This message has been edited by 99_aggie_grad (edited 2/14/2008 10:54a).]
19aggie99
AG
Hooter's......

Not to keep this thread on going but...I met the "Hooter's" people a few days ago. They said that yes, they are still coming to North Park Plaza but since all of the delays due to a handful of people protesting them..They started other restaurants and now the Bryan location is #3. It sounds as if they are coming this year but not in March.
txdragonfly
AG
One opening and one minor update.
NearAwesomeness
What ever happened to the Taco Express that was supposed to go in at Wellborn and Southwest Parkway?
AggiePhil
AG
The Nena's Cocina that used to be in the Shell station at Rudder and Barron was bought out by the La Familia in Bryan (not to be confused with the La Familia Coco Loco by the Ho Jo) and is now called La Familia Taqueria.
jasonarredondo
Dickies, There is a sign up.

[This message has been edited by jasonarredondo (edited 3/9/2008 3:22p).]
jkhughes95
NearAwesomeness - It became Taco Casa.
wapa
The Boat in Bryan was painted a new brownish/maroon color and is really being cleaned up. Anyone know yet what is going in? If not, I might stop by and ask.
txdragonfly
AG
jk, I would've assumed that, but the locations are about two miles apart.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.