SUMMARY: Coming & Going Retail, Restaurants, Businesses

83,648 Views | 593 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by jh88ag
MisterShipWreck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The last time few times I ate there - the food wasn't that good. And, after 2-3 times, I learned never to order brocoli there (trying for an alternative to french fries when having a burger) - its petrified there...
Nom de Plume
AG
From the Bennigan's thread: CS Seafood is closed?
AggiePhil
AG
Re: CS Seafood. I'm wondering the same thing.
kraut
AG
The Bryan Seafood has been closed - no idea about CS Seafood....
HomerSimpson
I was surprised to see that Shellenberger's clothing on Univesity is going out of business. Been there a long time.
Ag2Max
AG
Sounds like lot's of things shaking themselves out given the national economy. It is even affecting us here in "booming Texas". We have lost Goody's, Bennigan's and Shellenberger's among others in recent weeks locally. We are still lucky not to be in Florida or California though-especially if you are trying to sell a home or condo. At least B/CS is growing and we are still getting a number of new shops and eateries even given the national economy. I still think in the long term B/CS's future is very bright. We just may have a few bumps in the road along the way.
pinkieyardbird
A co-worker that shops in Shellenberger's frequently said they told him they were restructuring things and splitting that building with Old Bryan Market Place people.

They will close for the remodel then re-open with a smaller store, according to him.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Clarion Hotel is now College Station Inn.
Nom de Plume
AG
CS Seafood was open at 1:45 today, so I'm not sure what Aggie was talking about.

They might be closed NOW, who knows...
AG @ HEART
two retail fronts already up on villa maria going towards UPS (best way i can dscribe it)other side of William Joel Bryan going north

they have been building them for about a month and a half now

[This message has been edited by AG @ HEART (edited 7/31/2008 8:44p).]
1984Consol
Quote:

Clarion Hotel is now College Station Inn

Already? Didnt they change thier name like a year ago to the Clarion and they ALREADY lost their flag again? Whats wrong with that place?
AG @ HEART
ttt

PakMan
Paul, one of the owners of "Expressions Dance and Music" told me yesterday that their new space behind Chicken Express on Wellborn Rd is close to finished and they'll be moving in soon. We are excited to have them as neighbors!

Pak Mom
jrhmc
AG
I'm excited for them to be in their new place since they really needed more space. I'm even more excited that I could get my son's piano lesson scheduled during my daughter's dance class!
aggieann
AG
Heard from someone who is in a position to know that the new Target center in Bryan will be getting a Walgreens (already announced), a Cracker Barrel and an IHop, and there's a good chance we'll be getting a Pappasita's or Pappadeaux's.
us1ag
A Pappas product would never locate there. Besides, they already own the property on Texas where the old Red Lobster was....they're still deciding.
TexasAggie008
AG
Papadeux would clean up here I think...If there is one type of food we are lacking, it's seafood.
momlaw
AG
This is the perfect place for Pappas. They're Aggies..... probably just remember it as it was back in the day.... with poor students who didn't need places to spend $$$$$.
Expert Analysis
AG
quote:
If there is one type of food we are lacking, it's seafood

yup, they would really only be competing with red lobster and I guess fish daddys.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Cracker Barrell has not commited to any location nor are they even close to commiting.

Krunkteach
Friend of mine is opening a burger place in Bryan.
Here is the info:

quote:
Okay...I spent the day yesterday at the restaurant trying to get it ready to open. The first walk through with the health inspector is this morning...they are going to tell him if it is okay and set up the real walk through this afternoon or in the morning. When the health inspector says go...we will be open!

The concept is good fresh food. We have burgers (meat ground daily), fries (fresh cut), onion rings (hand battered), and shakes (hand dipped) on the menu. The burgers all come with pickles, tomatoes, and grilled onions. The "deal" is 3 burgers for 4.99.

The name is Stover Boys Burgers...3200 Boonville Rd
Bryan, TX 77802...across from Allen Academy. We are still deciding whether to be closed on Monday or not so the for sure hours are T-F 11-9 and S&S 11-6.

The motto is: Come in. STACK IT UP! Move it out. (Very limited seating! Seats for 14 but, 10 would be comfortable )

Life takes its toll, please have exact change.
pinkieyardbird
So will the Stover Boys Burgers be where that pizza place was in the Gas station area?
ag72576
Believe it or not...I was told that Hooter's will be making a press release at the end of August announcing that they ARE actually coming to North Park Plaza in Bryan. At that time, they are "supposed" to also put up a large Hooter's coming soon sign at the site.
NC2001
AG
^
|
I'll believe it when I see it.
Krunkteach
quote:
So will the Stover Boys Burgers be where that pizza place was in the Gas station area?

She didn't mention it specifically, but from the address and description, "small dining area", it seems like that is where it is.
Scotch
AG
This is the one year anniversary of this thread, time for a new start?
pinkieyardbird
Hey Krunkteach and others-

I drove past the gas station on the corner of Booneville and Briarcrest (old pizza place) last night and indeed, that is where the new Stover Boys Burgers is going in.

Should be fun!

[This message has been edited by pinkieyardbird (edited 8/14/2008 10:55a).]
AggiePhil
AG
Stover Boys Burgers will be opening within a few days. They were supposed to open on Thursday but a piece of equipment went out, forcing them to delay the opening slightly.
NC2001
AG
Is La Bodega moving to "Restaurant Row" on University? I saw a sign there this morning while driving into the office...I need verification before I can start celebrating in anticipation
wapa
Does anyone know if the Starving Artist Bakery & Cafe has opened in Downtown Bryan yet? I think they originally said it would be open this summer.
aggieann
AG
quote:
Does anyone know if the Starving Artist Bakery & Cafe has opened in Downtown Bryan yet? I think they originally said it would be open this summer.

I heard Kristy Petty say a couple of weeks ago that it would be open before Artstep, or whatever it's called, in October.
classo97
Art Step will be in November.
kristin87ag
AG
quote:
Is La Bodega moving to "Restaurant Row" on University?

It's my understanding they are opening an additional restaurant called La Bodega Cantina and the original La Bodega is staying put.
AggieSarah01
AG
quote:
Stover Boys Burgers will be opening within a few days. They were supposed to open on Thursday but a piece of equipment went out, forcing them to delay the opening slightly.

Any word on an official opening day? It will be nice having a (hopefully) good burger place nearby.
Tailgate88
AG
I thought it was "Eccel Cantina"? Did they change the name?

Never mind I just answered my own question:

http://www.labodegacantina.com/

So, where exactly will this be?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.