SUMMARY: Coming & Going Retail, Restaurants, Businesses

83,628 Views | 593 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by jh88ag
hatchback
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Chase bank on Northgate will be closing in July. The amount of money the bank brings in on a montly basis is equal to the amount the branch infront of Target brings in weekly. Also, lacking a drive-up teller hurts business.
rcj0618
According to an ad in the new Restaurant Guide in today's Eagle:

Eccell Cantina is coming soon to the Gateway Shopping Center (by Ulta, Home Depot, etc.).
robyfitzhenry
Awesome thread!

--
Roby Fitzhenry
Always Creative
http://WeAreAlways.com
jasonarredondo
Just spoke to the owner of PakMail (Pack N Mail by aggiewholikestorun)
They are opening Monday May 5 (cinco de mayo!!).
They will be a full service mail operation, meaning you can do regular mail stuff there. But they also serve all major packaging places as well, UPS, etc.
So I guess its your one stop shop, and maybe a great way to avoid the long lines at our pride of college station Post Office.
Expert Analysis
AG
what is going up at the corner of 29th and villa maria? I didn't see anything on it in the OP.
DrQuincy
AG
The construction at the corner of Villa Maria and 29th St is a dialysis center.
Birddog
AG
What is going in next to Whataburger in the Tejas center?
kraut
AG
Username: DrQuincy
Number of Posts: 37
Account Created: 9/19/2001 12:03:41 PM

Wow, you may win the all-time lurker award, roughly 5.6 posts/year!
DrQuincy
AG
Thank you for your kind words, but I am not as skillful a lurker as you may think. My account was created long before I started actually participating, which may be the definition of "lurker", but I only started making daily trips to TexAgs last year, since my previous duties kept me away from my PC for most of the day. Now that I am tied to a phone in the office, I find more opportunities to join the fray. I doubt, however, that I will ever be as prolific a poster as some...

[This message has been edited by DrQuincy (edited 5/1/2008 11:40a).]
AG @ HEART
the building going up next to the WHATABURGER in the Tejas center?

Nom de Plume
AG
Dunno if this ever got posted, but I'm sure many of you saw the Fort Shiloh sign was taken down in the last week or so.
Scotch
AG
Since the Tejas Center already has a nail salon, liquor store and a Subway, the building by Whataburger must be for something truly wild and crazy.
jasonarredondo
PakMail is open
bcstx06
Here is a link to more new stuff coming to the Bryan Town Center: http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/index.php?showtopic=11497&hl=

It includes Burlington Coat Factory, Salt Grass Steakhouse & Logan's Roadhouse among other places.
spike427
AG
quote:
Burlington Coat Factory

Booo.
Just Nobody
Direct Link:
http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/index.php?showtopic=11497&hl=
ComfortAg
AG
Building next to Whataburger in Tejas Center:

http://mybcs.com/Content/Forums/Replies.aspx?tid=1133743
BigPuma
AG
new shopping/strip center going in on navarro and wellborn (2154)

[This message has been edited by jk2rebel (edited 5/21/2008 7:17p).]
Expert Analysis
AG
I hope Banana Republic ends up coming as well.

Anyone know when the Ace Hardware is going to open or if it has even started construction? I don't go down that way much.
guitjon
Overheard what appeared to be a mgr at Walmart (yes, I go there) last night. She was telling someone that Walmart had bought the Albertson's next door and they were in fact going to build the CS Supercenter on that lot. She told him not surehow/what they were doing exactly, but they in fact were building there. Info not the most credible I know, but just passing it along.
Angry Beaver
AG
H-E-B is building a car wash.

I read somewhere that the College Station store has the most traffic and sales in the Houston region. That's pretty impressive considering the store is dead for almost five months.
95_Aggie
AG
yeah, because when I do my grocery shopping, I want to wash my car too.
us1ag
What you heard is correct. Walmart is doing a tear down there and building a monster.
bcstx06
Back in High School (early 2000's), I heard that Wal-Mart would by Albertson's and expand over their making one of the largest Wal-Mart's ever. I don't know if that was ever true but now that I here this it may have been true.

Also the Wolf Pen area is really growing, Construction is about to start on that mix use apartment development.

Looks like a huge extention of downtown Bryan is going up behind the new Police station site. I saw a sign on Main St near the tracks. I guess they will tear down the old group of building on that site to build it. I really didn't get to see the sign that well.

2 new Walgreens are going up. One on Bonville Rd, and the other across for Apple Tree on Highway 21 at the site of the Longhorn Tavern. The Longhorn Tavern will move next to the Cotton Patch Cafe in Bryan.
waterchick
Report in the Eagle today about Albertson's closing & Wal-Mart expanding: http://www.theeagle.com/local/One-Albertsons-in-CS-is-closing
wapa
Also, a good story about Downtown Bryan and what is to come.
http://www.theeagle.com/business/Remaking-downtown
1984Consol
Is the address listed for the other albertsons (615 university drive) the old Randalls?

I still think Walmart should keep the old albertsons building on Longmire and just creat a walkway between the buildings for the walmart mall
Jabberwocky
AG
quote:
The company announced the closing to the store's 80 employees Wednesday morning, spokeswoman Christine Wilcox said. The grocery retailer will try to transfer those employees to other stores, she said.

Once the Longmire location closes, the only other Albertsons within 50 miles will be at 615 E. University Drive. Wilcox said the grocer intends to keep that store open.
Um...anybody else think there's no way the store on University can take on 80 additional employees, nor that very many of those 80 will be willing to move more than 50 miles away to work at another Albertson's?

--
Bad grammar makes me [sic].
AG RUSH BABY
I just heard that the Target Shopping Center in Bryan is getting a Saltgrass and Logans Roadhouse.

Can anyone confirm this?
rumrunner0?
daisy dukes is open in the old shadow canyon/midnight rodeo building....went there last weekend, really liked it...will never go back to harry's...dukes has great prices
Dan Scott
AG
ttt
Take the canoli
Bryan Seafood & Steak House on WJB at Highway 6 has shut down. Apologies if this is old news; I don't drive through this part of B/CS all that much.
txdragonfly
AG
Finally updated the list. I'm sure I've missed some post or thread somewhere, though.
texanna
I emailed Target, the reply was that the new one would not be a Super Target. Makes no sense to me...
Jabberwocky
AG
Good job, fly! Thanks again for keeping this organized.

Couple of minor updates:

1) Hooters still plans to open a Bryan location...eventually, as per KBTX.
quote:
"We still do intend on coming to Bryan," said Mike Herrick, Texas Wings Inc. Executive Vice President. "Because of the protest we had four stores that moved ahead of Bryan in the development schedule. So now we've got to put Bryan back on the development schedule."

2) I drove by the new Volvo location on 2818 @ Beck last week; it's actually a Volvo Trucks dealer, although their locator doesn't yet list it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.