SUMMARY: Coming & Going Retail, Restaurants, Businesses

83,620 Views | 593 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by jh88ag
Taz 27
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The German/Irish place has been trying to open for a long time now. I will believe it when I see it open. They are working very slow. The first word I remember was Fall '06.

River Bridge still don't have their TABC notice in the window and it has to be there 60 days before they open so it will be later than Feb. but it looks great inside. I mean really great.

I read John Henry's e-mail too.

[This message has been edited by Taz 27 (edited 1/15/2008 8:32a).]
txdragonfly
AG
master list updated
CalAG
AG
quote:
River Bridge still don't have their TABC notice in the window and it has to be there 60 days before they open so it will be later than Feb. but it looks great inside. I mean really great.

Actually it just has to be up 60 days before they can start serving alcohol. They can open without their alcohol permit.
Taz 27
You are right but as much as he has spent on that bar and everything it would not be wise to open without the permit.

You can only make one first impression and he doesn't want everyone going out and telling people his bar isn't ready.
AgInAggieland
TABC Sec. 61.381. NOTICE BY SIGN. (a) An applicant for a license issued under this code for a location not previously licensed for the on-premises consumption of alcoholic beverages shall, not later than the 60th day before the date the application is filed, prominently post an outdoor sign at the location stating that alcoholic beverages are intended to be served on the premises, the type of license, and the name and business address of the applicant.

No sign required since alcoholic beverages were previously served at that location.
txdragonfly
AG
No new info, but a lot of recent questions/posts are answered in the first post of the thread.
Jock 07
AG
So is the SPEC's Gymboree open yet?
wapa
I spoke with the GM of River Bridge and he said they would be open by Feb. They also have an events planner available for planning parties there. Or at least that is what I was told.
ag72576
FYI....

Pyro Mongolian Fusion Grill recieved all city and health department approvals today. Talked to the GM and they are defintely opening next Monday, January 28. The place is stunning!

La Riviera Bakery is booming. Their lunch is reservation only now.

Teriyaki Park is becoming popular too. I have personally dined there several times and the sushi was as fresh as you can get. A lot of other post here say the same.

Lenny's Sub Shop is hoping to open at North Park Plaza too. The Lampo family are opening this restaurant. I personally met them and this came from their mouth.

Hooter's is still coming. The expect to start construction around March. Just to put any question at ease...They purchased the pad site at North Park Plaza. They truly are coming!

It is nice to see Bryan finally trying to move up with College Station. This shopping center alone with have 5 restaurants!
FortySomethingAg
Chris Lampo?
ag72576
It was several people with the Lenny's "people". But...Someone with the last name of Lampo is opening this place. I do not know them personally.
us1ag
Are you serious...move up with College Station?? Look at that shopping center's tenants! Quality, not quantity. hehe
ag72576
US1AG....If you read what I wrote, I said "TRYING" to move up with College Station. Most of the new restaurants in College Station are chains. A lot of people hate having to fight for parking or wait a long time to simply eat. It is not a competition between Bryan and College Station. The more choices we have the better off we all are. Quality is right...So...Teriyaki Park has rave revues on their sushi, La Riviera is so busy that their lunch is reservations only and their chefs are from Christopher's. From what I have read and seen, Pyro Mongolian Grill is offering something that no other restaurant does plus it is beautiful. So either way you slice the cake, quality or quanity, it appears that North Park Plaza in Bryan is on it's way. I am not sure exactly what restaurants you may be referring to about quality but most of the newest restaurant in College Station are franchises. Normally, that does not mean the best of quality. Normally, that means pre-processed frozen foods shipped to each franchise location. However, if Bryan was such a bad area, why would one of the most popular restaurants in the world be getting ready to build? They have all the money they need and could have put their restaurant anywhere they wanted to.
AgInAggieland
quote:
I spoke with the GM of River Bridge and he said they would be open by Feb. They also have an events planner available for planning parties there. Or at least that is what I was told.

Blaire you may wish to recheck your sources, even your GM quote.

What is public information is a mid to late Feb opening. There is no event planner currently associated with the restaurant lessees . Any event/party planning associated with that location could be the Brazos Cotton Exchange, which is a totally separate group.

Edit: Thanks 40s you spelling nazi guru!

[This message has been edited by AgInAggieland (edited 1/24/2008 11:13p).]
FortySomethingAg
Perhaps you meant "lessees."
AgInAggieland
soooo trueee.. i can't see, i can't spell but heck.... i ... n/m... ty mr. 40 for the correction!!
FortySomethingAg
Just messing with you.
AgInAggieland
Yea... but don't tell everyone ding dang it!!
AgInAggieland
Thanks 40s you spelling nazi guru!
jlhrealtor
quote:
It was several people with the Lenny's "people". But...Someone with the last name of Lampo is opening this place. I do not know them personally.

I believe it is Christopher's Brother opening the Lampos. (he is manager of Ben & Jerry's)
AgInAggieland
us1ag
I understand what you are saying...and the tenants in North Park Plaza are just fine. However, the momentum cannot be stopped, nor can it be refuted. There will be some Bryan growth, but the PREMIER TOP TIER tenants will keep going to CS, period.
us1ag
Also, one more thing. Check back in 18 to 30 months to see how many of those 5 restaurants are still in business. I am sorry to say, but I've lived here for 29 years and am intimate with the local business culture....some of those tenants will not make it.
ag72576
I have seen the commercial for Pyro Mongolian Grill and it said they were open. I went by there today but they were still doing the "finishing" touches. I spoke to someone their and was told that they are opening on Monday. I could smell the food when I opened their door but sad that I could not eat it. It is really nice in there, I think that people will be impressed, at least I was!
Nom de Plume
AG
Red Labsta should be open today.
Birddog
AG
Anyone know what who is going in where Captians (big boat restraunt) next to Shipleys on Villla Maria? Someone is doing lots of work there.
Whoop01
AG
Red Lobster has a sign that says "Now Open for Dinner only" starts at 4pm.
TexasAggie008
AG
I noticed that the OP mentions a new Ninfas opening...Anyone know the latest?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Saw a sign at the old Putt Putt that said it will be a Paradise Diving & Scuba.
halfpint05
new Ninfa's is at University and the Bypass off hwy 6. It's by the Nissan(?) dealership. dunno when it's opening..
ag72576
Let me start off by saying...I know that some people who read my post may think that I am associated with some of the restaurants I write about but I am just a sales rep. I live in Bryan and get excited when new things come here. I live one block from North Park Plaza so the new additions are really good for me and others too.

FINALLY... Pyro Mongolian Grill opened today! I was there for lunch and it was actually pretty busy especially for their first run at it! I ate two different bowls and it was just what I remembered from Dallas. It was AWESOME! I ate twice, had a drink and walked out for less than $10. This restaurant is very nice and well appointed. It seems like they should be serving high end food like Veritas because the building is truly well done! I did not see any problems or personally have any problems. Most restaurants that are new have issues and I am sure they do too, but I loved it and will be back often.
AggieSarah01
AG

[This message has been edited by AggieSarah01 (edited 1/29/2008 10:07a).]
jasonarredondo
Heard Albertsons at Longmire and Harvey Mitchell is closing in April.
txdragonfly
AG
OP updated
txdragonfly
AG
Posted updates

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.