SUMMARY: Coming & Going Retail, Restaurants, Businesses

83,673 Views | 593 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by jh88ag
LadyTxAg88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
not a construction engineer here.. but yea.. if that is the case (outside deck)... good move for ninfas! atmosphere is a plus.... sorry, i've never liked their food tho... but I'd go for drinks with a good atmosphere
Sling Blade
AG
You might want to change the status of Fish Daddy's as its been open for a few months
AggiePhil
AG
I talked to the guy building the new Ninfa's last night. He said that they'll probably be opening sometime around January/February. He said that the interior is going to have all kinds of waterfalls and other such gimmicks. Should be interesting to see.
aswas
I may have missed it somewhere ~ but what is going to be next to Olive Garden???
~~~~~ ok I just realized I had missed it!! NEVERMIND

[This message has been edited by aswas (edited 11/21/2007 12:43p).]
555-PINF
Looking over the initial post, I noticed a comment about the frat house on Texas Ave in Bryan being torn down (the old Beta house, IIRC). I just drove by that area and saw that there's now an O'Reilly's Auto Parts store that is open.
fido00
AG
I believe it was mentioned that there may be a Banana Republic going in, is this still the case? I don't really care, but my wife was very excited when I told her about this.

Think. Feel. Be.
AggiePhil
AG
Yeah what was the story behind that frat house. It always looked pretty ghetto and was in the middle of Bryan. WTF? Was it a TAMU fraternity? If so, that doesn't make much sense.
rcj0618
It was an old stately home in Bryan. The frat got a good deal on it. They trashed the place and pissed off all the neighbors in the area with their noise and behavior and brought property values down. Then they left after they ruined this huge beautiful home and it was too effed up to be repaired. So, it was torn down and now there is a lovely auto parts store in its place.
bco2003
AG
Any idea roughly what year they purchased the house?
ag72576
Pyro Mongolian Fusion Grill has their sign up and lit. According to their myspace page, the restaurant is opening January 2, 2008. I have had Ghengis Grill and it is awesome. I think this is the same concept. BTW...Hooter's IS OPENING at this shopping center around March 08.
ag72576
Just to answer some of the question on here...

Yes, Hooter's is coming to North Park Plaza in Bryan. A official with TABC told me that there is NOT just cause to stop the liquor license. Hooter's has purchased that pad site already, has the building permits. They are just waiting on the "official" decision to be published. Opening around March 08. FYI, The Eagle reported several months ago that the city of Bryan & College Station DOES NOT require anyone to change their colors.

The German Restaurant and Irish Pub is coming to Main Street in Downtown Bryan. It is a block from The LaSalle Hotel and very close to Halo. It should be open by summer.

The North Park Plaza shopping center at North Blvd & Texas Ave has some new restaurants. La Riviera is opening Dec 12, Teriyaki Park is already open and Pyro Mongolian Grill is opening January 2, 2008. The Red Wing shoe store, Phone Toys, A nail spa, Tejas Cuts and a insurance company is already open.

BTW...Koppe Bridge is opening another location in downtown Bryan. They have taken over the old Doe's spot near the LaSalle. Should be open around February.

[This message has been edited by ag72576 (edited 12/12/2007 5:16p).]
agcfa
Chick-fil-A on Texas Avenue in College Station is under construction! The slab should be poured this month. Pending weather and any other possible construction delays we are anticipating opening in March of 2008, possibly April if we are delayed.

The first 100 people in line for the Grand Opening will get Chick-fil-A free for a year. One combo meal free for each week.

This location will have an indoor playland and 102 seats inside and some outdoor patio style seating as well.

strawberryshortcake
awesome update! thanks!
aggiewholikestorun
quote:
The first 100 people in line for the Grand Opening will get Chick-fil-A free for a year. One combo meal free for each week.

Think I should go out there tonight and stake my place in line?
1984Consol
THANK YOU for this WONDERFUL post! I am so glad that I can still keep up with some of the goings on in CS from way over here in Tennessee.

How is my favorite hamburger joint doing- FUDDRUCKERS!!! Great burgers and fries!

RoadwayAg
Not sure about your favorite chain spots; but IMHO the national/local tv and press represented CS independent operators in a complimentary way this week! Thanks again GHWB,41! Pro-local biz always!

"The couple feels very much at home in the community, he said. After a big event at the library, they sometimes enjoy dining at Christopher's World Grille in Bryan or Cafe Eccell at Northgate. He struggled for a moment to remember the name of Koppe Bridge Bar & Grill, describing the occasional presidential hangout as "the one with the great hamburgers."

GHW Bush - exact quote from BCS Eagle 12/07/07. Similar quotes on Assoc Press and other news outlets today.
95tx_ag
AG
bad joke erased...crickets chirping....

[This message has been edited by 95tx_ag (edited 12/9/2007 1:13p).]
child of grace
S
Regarding the Walton mansion (AKA the demolished frat boy house on Texas across from FatBurger's): The following is only as accurate as my memory, which isn't nearly as good as it used to be.

As you probably surmised from my description of the building, it was originally owned by Dr. Walton and his family. My dad purchased the house MANY years ago from Mrs. Walton to use as office space. Wish I could remember the exact year, but based on my memories of summer work and walking across the street to KMSH for lunch, it was at least 25 years ago. I was 9 when I started working in the office during summer vacation. He had sold the Walton mansion by the time I was in high school (7 years later) and it became a law office. The lawyers then sold it to the frat.

It is such a shame that it is gone. I cried the first time I drove by after it had been razed.
txdragonfly
AG
Updated the master list again with bolds on the changes.
us1ag
Panera is working on a deal on University with a very credible local group. It will be a done deal as long as Panera wants it.
Nom de Plume
AG
quote:
Construction is due to start in October {agcfa} Slab should be poured in Dec 08, anticipate opening Mar 08

Huh?
txdragonfly
AG
It's magical construction, you know. Time travel and all that.
agcfa
That would be interesting to start construction ater we open! Sorry about the typo! But I still want you to Eat More Chicken! Whenever we get open....
1984Consol
So the old burgerking building at culpepper plaza has been razed? I loved that building

When you go to the grand opening to get your free chick fil-a's watchout for the concrete slab heehee)

Does this mean the chickfila in post oak mall is moving to culpepper?
bco2003
AG
Thanks for the details on the mansion child of grace.
agcfa
The Chick-fil-A in Post Oak Mall will still exist.
Jock 07
AG
The Whataburger in the tejas center is now open it seems
Clucky
Whataburger is open now...amazing. I've waited for food at Whataburger longer than it took them to build that one.
classo97
La Riviera Bakery also has a NOW OPEN sign up. Can't wait to go there!!
rcj0618
I heard last night that the Farm Patch meat market has closed.
Nom de Plume
AG
And soon after Doe's closed...interesting.
dave99ag
AG
I thought the Farm Patch meat market closed for renovations and not for good. Bummer if it's closed for good.
txdragonfly
AG
Unless something has changed recently, it is just temporary. They're due to re-open in Jan or Feb.
Krunkteach
Saw a sign up at The Bounce. It opens on Dec. 27th. Not sure where they are getting all the excellent staff with the college kids out of town. I'm excited that the kids will have something to do during the break.
Kitten With A Whip
I've searched back a few pages, but couldn't find anything that fit the bill.

Does anyone know what's going in behind/beside McCoy's Lumber? Sort of across from Austin Colony?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.