SUMMARY: Coming & Going Retail, Restaurants, Businesses

83,666 Views | 593 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by jh88ag
txdragonfly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just called Atami (the new sushi restaurant). They open tomorrow!!
dave99ag
AG
Looks like a sandwich shop is going in on the other endcap of the shopping center with Luigi's.
txdragonfly
AG
Have you driven by to look at it? I noticed a banner hanging there last week. Damn thing looks like a Wells Fargo logo from the other side of the highway. I keep telling myself to take the feeder when headed north so that I can get a better look at it, but I always forget.
dave99ag
AG
It does look like a Wells Fargo banner. I haven't driven close enough to confirm, but my wife said it was a sandwich shop.
spike427
AG
Fly, for real?! We were at It's a Grind on Saturday night and Atami sure looked close to opening - we noticed they had the hours posted.
txdragonfly
AG
I kid you not. A friend asked me on another board if I'd been there yet. I didn't think they were open yet, so I looked up the number (hooray internets). The guy answered "Atami Sushi!" and I asked him when they'd be open. He said tomorrow!! I'm planning on going there this Friday for lunch with said friend.
spike427
AG
Mr. Spike will be very excited to hear that! His b-day is coming up in a few weeks...think we've got the place!
Captn_Ag05
AG
let us know how it is
AggieSunrise
AG
quote:
I just called Atami (the new sushi restaurant). They open tomorrow!!

YEAH! I hope it is as good as the one in Katy. The Rock N' Roll is AMAZING!!

http://www.atamisteakandsushi.com/

[This message has been edited by AggieSunrise (edited 10/8/2007 9:31p).]
51Merc-98Ag
Connor MacLeod
We need Panera and we need it desperately.
AllMadeOfStars
I stopped by Atami today... I believe they were waiting for inspection (Health Dept?). They told me they would hopefully open tomorrow.
WockaWocka00
Agreed. We need a Panera more than we have ever needed anything ever. EVER!
Connor MacLeod
quote:
HEB is still at least two years from a store opening in south CS. Right now, odds are it will be at RP/6.

Even the folks at HEB haven't decided where and when.

I hope it's one of those tricked-out HEB Plus stores.
jrhmc
AG
Anyone know anything about updates to the mall and moving JC Penney? I've heard rumors.
hatchback
AG
There's a National Tire & Battery going in by Olive Garden on feeder road of HWY 6.
txdragonfly
AG
Ok, all updated! I bolded the new entries and updates to old ones to help make it easier to scan.
rcj0618
The parents told me they went by Little Blue Heron last night and it looked like it was shut down. I just tried to call their number, and it doesn't work.
aggiewholikestorun
That's too bad. It was a nice little place. I wonder if all of the construction on Texas and in that plaza killed it.
aggiewholikestorun
This thread http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1002091&page=2&forum_id=35

is reporting that Doe's has shut down for good effective Saturday. Can anyone confirm?
jkhughes95
Little Blue Heron is shut down. We ate a Ping's last week for lunch. There was a sign on the door - shut down due to lack of business, and they were moving all the kitchen equipment out.
fergieferg
When I was at Papa Perez's last night around 7ish, Doe's was closed.

[This message has been edited by fergieferg (edited 11/7/2007 7:18a).]
aggiewholikestorun
RIP Doe's. Your sweet potato fries were excellent.
wapa
Has anyone heard anymore about the Irish/German Pub in Downtown? I know that Eagle had a story about it being delayed but does anyone know the status?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Honest question:

Did anyone ever see any kind of advertising for Blue Heron? The only time I ever heard of this place was here. Seeing it on this thread led me to their online menu and the wife and I gave it a try.

Not bad, but Christopher's had better food/atmosphere.

Perhaps if they did some form of advertising, they would have gotten more business.
txdragonfly
AG
Pub/Restaurant: They're working on it. A few weeks ago, Kurt and I were strolling through downtown and happened by the location. The drawings in the window (sketches) are AMAZING. I only wish they had some kind of timeline or open date posted.

LBH: I heard radio ads for it at least once a week or once every other week on I think two different stations. I preferred the food at LBH over Christopher's. But that center is just not the place for an upscale restaurant.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The Honeybaked Ham next to Luigi's in now open for business, if I'm not mistaken.
afarnham
I have heard the pub/restaurant will be open before mid-January 2008. I know there is a group in town tentatively planning an event there around that time.
HomerSimpson
Some of these businesses need to advertise more if they want to stay in business. So much competition.
turtle8529
where is the pub located?
rcj0618
Main Street, downtown Bryan - just North of Wm. Joel Bryan.
txdragonfly
AG
It's on the east side of the street (same side as Halo, the theater, Revolution, Los Nortenos, and Earth Art).
LadyTxAg88
Fly - Personally I'd like to thank you for keeping this thread like you do. It's great. I saw the Ninfa's sign today for the first time (about 2ft wide and almost in the dirt) at the new bldg on 6. Since I live in a cave most of the time, I wasn't aware of the Ninfa's move. Glad to get the update here and not have to feel like a total gooftard and ask as a new post.

Kudos to you. You do a great job!

[This message has been edited by LadyTxAg88 (edited 11/20/2007 6:12p).]
lockett93
AG
If you liked LBHeron, Chef Luis is back at Pebble Creek Country Club.
Ag2Max
AG
Regarding the new Ninfa's building. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like they will have a large deck type area on the back that is elevated and overlooking the treed area in the back. If so I like the idea of that and hope that is what I believe I am seeing from the freeway. Anyone else see what I am talking about. Nice to have a large deck area when the weather is nice and have it overlooking the forest in the back. I can feel a party on the deck already!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.