SUMMARY: Coming & Going Retail, Restaurants, Businesses

83,664 Views | 593 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by jh88ag
AgPup80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stover Boys Burgers is open, but I think it's limited hours around lunch and maybe 6-8 p.m. I had one yesterday, and it was very good. I'll go back.
us1ag
In the western endcap of the shopping center, right next to the Gateway Villas.

http://corinthprop.com/property_gateway.htm

www.labodegacantina.com

NC2001
AG
quote:

So, where exactly will this be?

Well the sign is in front of the Starbucks on University. So I'm assuming it's going to be in that shopping center or the one behind it (where Michael's is).
Expert Analysis
AG
A mexican restaurant is moving into the Bryan Steak and Seafood building. Think it is called La Botana?

They are also doing the earthwork in preparation for constructing the Best Western off Booneville
GoneGirl
AG
ugh, is that going to be at 1179 - across from Allen Academy?
AgPup80
Stover's Burgers is across from Allen Academy. The Best Western and a Walgreen's is going to be sort of behind Tom Light Chevrolet. There's already a road connecting the access road to Boonville.
jasonarredondo
Papadeaux's owns the old Red Lobster on Texas (old news?)

Walmart owns the Albertsons on Longmire. Its going to be some kind of new store they are starting called "Spark" not sure what is. (again,not sure if that is old news).

The Wal-mart will stay open while there is construction.

Ramada Inn on Texas is going to be demolished for student housing too.

HEB will build at Fitch and Hwy 6.

[This message has been edited by jasonarredondo (edited 8/27/2008 10:44a).]
Pancho
jasonarredondo, is the new HEB going to be an HEB Plus??? I hope so, I've been to a couple and they are awesome. Would be the best grocery store in town by far.
lockett93
AG
Which corner and any idea when HEB will build? I guess the Weingarten RP location fell through again!
wapa
A new store called Jem.n.i opened in Downtown Bryan on 26th next to Glassworks. It has gifts, house stuff, baby stuff, clothes, jewelry, etc. I went today and it was very cute.

While I was in the store the owner said that the Starving Artist Bakery is trying to open before First Fridays in October.
Tanya 93
Elsie

I think the BW is going over by the Kroger
jasonarredondo
thats the only info i know.

has anyone done business with Pak Mail next to Sonic and Subway on Welborn Rd?
AgMomOfLots
I work a lot with the decorator from Starving Artist and she is awesome! I can't wait to see the place!!!
rcj0618
quote:
Walmart owns the Albertsons on Longmire. Its going to be some kind of new store they are starting called "Spark" not sure what is. (again,not sure if that is old news).

Walmart calls the yellow element of its new logo a "spark". There are no stores called "Spark".

[This message has been edited by rcj0618 (edited 8/27/2008 8:19p).]
kilo
Does anyone know when the Burlington Coat Factory is scheduled to open in Towne Center?

"well behaved women rarely make history"--Laurel Thatcher.
Nom de Plume
AG
HEB will be on the NW corner. Dunno if they even know if it will be Plus...my FIL said he wasn't sure offhand.
BigPuma
AG
what businesses are going into the navarro shoping center curently being built?
PakMan
I was in an HEB Plus over the weekend in Victoria...that would be really great! They have a huge garden center and even had furniture! Kind of like a super wally.
pakmom
jrhmc
AG
There's a sign up at the mall that there will be a new Japanese food and sushi place going in where Corndog 7 used to be.
1984Consol
R. I. P. Corndog 7
grendels
Scary: Mall fast food sushi. Get ready for some rubbery fish.
AG @ HEART
quote:
two retail fronts already up on villa maria going towards UPS (best way i can dscribe it)other side of William Joel Bryan going north

they have been building them for about a month and a half now

anyone?

SV
Lowe’s is working on a new project at Greens Prairie and Rudder along with the hospital development; Walmart has not signed, but is under contract – approximate 18-month development {ChipFTAC01}

Walmart is working on a new project at Greens Prairie and Rudder along with the hospital development; Walmart has not signed, but is under contract – approximate 18-month development {ChipFTAC01} WalMart will be purchasing the surrounding property at the CS store to expand; Albertsons will close in June (confirmed in The Eagle) {egret}

Rumor has Albertson's at Longmire and Harvey Mitchell closing in April {jasonarredondo} Confirmed in The Eagle; the store will be closing in June and property is in negotiations to be bought by WalMart for expansion {egret} Store is closed {various}

The Wal-mart will stay open while there is construction.

HEB will build at Fitch and Hwy 6.

===============================================

Is Walmart going in at Towerpoint or Texas @ Harvey Mitchell?

HEB will be at Rock Prairie or Greens Prairie and 6?

[This message has been edited by SV (edited 9/3/2008 7:37a).]
txgardengirl
Steve & Barry's in the mall is a goner...

Sad day for the mall - they took up a major chuck of real estate in there.

http://www.theeagle.com/local/Steve--amp-amp--Barry-s--to-close-mall-store?

[This message has been edited by txgardengirl (edited 9/3/2008 10:11a).]
jimmyb
So what is the place getting built on welborn road by F&B? Is that where an HEB is going?
95_Aggie
AG
apartments
Maverick2603
Has anyone heard anything about the Gander Mountain on Hwy 6 possibly being purchased by Dick's Sporting Goods?

[This message has been edited by Maverick2603 (edited 9/3/2008 12:21p).]
Sofa King What?
^^^^^^^germans...bombing...moon
us1ag
You can't be serious about HEB going there. F&B road and Wellborn. Not high enough traffic count, wrong side of town. Their site selection is way better than that.

[This message has been edited by us1ag (edited 9/3/2008 2:09p).]
Nom de Plume
AG
I'm not aware of any other HEB stores being constructed in the near future other than the one on Fitch. It will be bigger than the CS store, cater to a higher income demographic, but will not be a Plus store (I was given a <5% chance of it being Plus).
txdragonfly
AG
Main entry updated
NFLFAN
AG
Wingstop near Rock P! Looking forward to this one!
jrhmc
AG
As long as it has different owners/managers. I love Wingstop but the one here scares me.
Nom de Plume
AG
I'll guarantee the manager will NOT be the female from the other location.
Nom de Plume
AG
quote:
New HEB to go in at RP and Hwy 6 (confirmed by 99_aggie_grad) {aggiepaintrain} HEB at Texas/SH 21 is supposed to be getting remodeled {RayRay99} HEB will be on the NW corner of WD40 and Hwy 6; unknown what type of store {Nom de Plume}

That guy must be an idiot.

Train with Charlie has opened a new studio where Expressions Dance used to be on Longmire (next to Party Time Rentals).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.