SUMMARY: Coming & Going Retail, Restaurants, Businesses

83,644 Views | 593 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by jh88ag
TLIAC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think that Fly needs a S for staff by her name.
LocalAg95
I had a short tutorial from a co-worker on the thread today and found out I just need to read the first post. Thanks, Fly, for all of the updates.
9dag
AG
Pappas, Pappasitos ?

Wouldn't you think that BCS is now large enought to support having them?
AgSportsFan
AG
Whataburger at Texas and Dominek will be replaced with a larger store (old gas station will be demolished.) Also, there are plans to build a new location somewhere in the vicinity of Hwy 6 and Harvey. Both projects are 1-2 years out.

[This message has been edited by AgSportsFan (edited 1/4/2008 2:10p).]
Stoney
S
I think Fly needs a Halo by her name.
She is that good.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
Fredrick's of Hollywood?

Nooooot quite.
us1ag
There will be a Pappas concept where the Red Lobster is on Texas. Pappas Burger/Pappasitos...
madeye03
AG
Baskin Robbins will be coming back. Prob in the new Super Target center on Briarcrest and 6 with additional locations possible.
wapa
I don't know what is happening but some people have been working on the building that The Boat use to be in. Maybe there is something new going in there?
curry97
AG
So what is going in just north of Gander Mountain?
txdragonfly
AG
From the summary:

quote:
Tiremax has posted a "Coming Soon" sign next to the retail development sign for the area between Gander Mtn and Aldersgate. {fly}

Granted, that sign disappeared for awhile as far as I know.
turtle8529
Has anyone heard that Hooters in coming??
txdragonfly
AG
I'm sure that's just some horrible silly rumor. What with design and color constraints and bible-thumping masses, there's just no way on earth we'll actually get a Hooters.

Oh for pete's sake!
curry97
AG
I have heard that Hooter's may be delayed (possibly a year) to concentrate on other markets first. They also will be looking for a new manager because the original backed out because it was taking so long.
ag72576
Pyro is opening to the public January 22. They have had construction issues but will be complete early next week. Official grand opening with ribbon cutting February 28. Looks very nice inside!
ag72576
Hooter's is coming. They purchased that land and were awarded their liquor license. I was told by the developer of North Park Plaza that they should either open around March or start construction around March. The developer also told me that there was a possible gourmet deli coming to North Park Plaza too. That is a total of 5 restaurants. La Riviera, Teryaki Park, Hooter's, Pyro and the deli.
ag72576
One last thing...

This is rumor because the developer would not give me their name regarding the new gourmet deli at North Park Plaza. I have been "told" that the people who own Farm Patch are opening the gourmet deli. It is not fact, just what I was told. However, it would make since due to the other location now being closed. Also, a womans clothing store is possibly coming to the center.
txdragonfly
AG
Unless something has changed and no one has posted confirmation of it, the Farm Patch Meat Market is temporarily closed for renovations.
1984Consol
I read in the first post that red Lobster will be opening in a new building. What will happen with the old building? It was a great landmark back in the day
txdragonfly
AG
One of the Papas restaurants will be moving in. Most likely a Papas Burger.
AgInAggieland
Fly, regarding Pappa's info....

I know you are in the know...

But... Is the current info you have about Pappa's Burger based on the old Darden Corp plan or actual new permits etc filed locally.

RL was supposed to relocate/build where the new OG is now - but since the OG burned, the timing made corp sense for Darden to move OG there instead. At that time, I had heard since RL wasn't moving until a later date (pf course now approaching), that Pappas, Inc. corp headquarters had nixed us off their radar. Are we back on their radar again as far as you know for PB?
txdragonfly
AG
My details are two-fold. First, someone else on here discovered through the tax office (online search) that Papas had bought the property that RL now sits on/in. This is verifiable. Second, during the construction, I was in RL and asked about the new building. I can dig up the post with all the details, but in short, they told me about when the new one would open (they were aiming for December back then, I think), that Papas had bought the building and was considering Papas Burger for it, and that RL was considering moving their steak house in to the market in the next five years.
jlhrealtor
I saw the Lenny's Sub people in town a couple months ago scoping out potential sites with the manager of Ben & Jerry's (Chris Lampo's kin folk)...haven't heard anything else on it though...
jlhrealtor
Eccell Steakhouse (Costa Dallis) is aiming to open in Feb from what I hear.
FortySomethingAg
Makes one wonder how many upscale eateries this town will support.
AggiePhil
AG
A Pappas Seafood would be awesome, as would a Carrabba's Italian (which has been talked about off and on for a while now).
AgInAggieland
TYVM Fly for the info!
zuzu
AG
www.koppebridge.net: RIVER BRIDGE - A Koppe Bridge Establishment - IN HISTORIC DOWNTOWN BRYAN (Coming Soon)
Anyone know when "soon" is?
AgInAggieland

John Hendry [jhendry@downtownbryan.com]

We look forward to having two new restaurants in historic Downtown Bryan!

Delph and Glenda Ross are opening a Koppe Bridge establishment call River Bridge Bar & Grill at 200 S. Main St. in the Howell Building. They have been making improvements to this 5,000 SF space in one of our outstanding historic buildings, the Howell, built around 1906. OPENING IS PLANNED FOR SOMETIME IN FEBRUARY! Come enjoy their expanded menu in a unique atmosphere!{see attached photo of Howell Building}. We all know the very popular Koppe Bridge restaurants in College Station, and are excited about River Bridge Bar & Grill coming!

Second, is a German "Bavarian" Restaurant and an adjoining Irish Pub coming to the completely renovated buildings at 107 & 109 N. Main St., which date back to around 1900. The approx. 10,000 SF combined two-story establishments are being developed by father & son owners, Ludwig and Ludwig Kapser of Munich, Germany. OPEINING IS EXPECTED BY LATE SPRING. They have owned property in Brazos County for over 20 years and love Aggieland and Downtown Bryan. {see attached photo of 107 & 109 N. Main St.}. Their businesses will be a significant addition to the nightlife in Downtown.

We "WELCOME" the Ross's and Kapser's, and their new businesses coming soon to Downtown Bryan!
AgInAggieland
zuzu, i hope that helped. I think the board covered this a few times before. CHOW!
FortySomethingAg
Chow? Did you mean Ciao?
AgInAggieland
40s..LMFAO! In Aggieland doesnt Chow mean Chow? Did I miss something... It was just to razz you I think
Bobaloo
Dickey's BBQ to open in May. It will be located next to Gander Mountain on Hwy 6.
wapa
I was about to post what AginAggieland posted. I am very excited about both of those restaurants in Downtown.
Nom de Plume
AG
Downtown Bryan updates:
River Bridge B&G is supposed to open sometime in February.

The German "Bavarian" restaurant and Irish pub is expected to open in late Spring. I don't recall if they have a name, yet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.