SUMMARY: Coming & Going Retail, Restaurants, Businesses

83,621 Views | 593 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by jh88ag
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
or just leave the new info bold for a few days........that would probably be less work than two lists
txdragonfly
AG
Just have ooshwa set up a DB for me and I'll get each one entered. Then we can run it to show new info, alphabetical info, chronological info, etc. We'll make it a feature of MyBCS.
Fleen
ANyone know what's going in the new First National Bank development at the corner of Greens Prairie and Arrington/Hwy 40?
95_Aggie
AG
First National Bank?
Nom de Plume
AG
Talked with the owner of the BK franchises. Deacon location *should* be open by the end of the year.
txdragonfly
AG
ttt for CT
jrhmc
AG
Here's a link to the new indoor bouncy place opening on Harvey. The site just says they'll open in September but since they're taking birthday party resevervations for late September it should open soon.

http://thebounceinc.com/
Nom de Plume
AG
Dirt work has begun on whatever they're building behind Rosa's. Marriot Residence Inn or something??? Don't recall.
us1ag
Yes. Marriott Residence Inn
rcj0618
The Bryan Cotton Patch Cafe is opening on Thursday, 9/13
TheMathGuy
What is going in on Texas Ave in Bryan beside Fat burger? Red Store front....

Looks like another auto parts store but there are not signs....

OG
jrhmc
AG
I talked to the guy that runs the 99 cent store in Bryan today and he said that the College Station one will be open next month. It will be in the Toys R Us center.
txdragonfly
AG
Was out running errands today and noticed a few things, such as the permanent Atami sign at University Towne Center and new additions to the North Park Plaza in Bryan (Teriyaki Park Plus & La Riviera). Updated the list with this info as well as the 99cent stuff.
rcj0618
More development in Bryan:

Boonville Town Center, between McCoy's and Tom Light Chevrolet. The plans have no building sites as of yet, but show Austin's Colony Parkway being extended from Boonville Rd. (FM 158) to the feeder road:

http://gis.bryantx.gov/public/SDRC/2007%20SDRC/SDRC%2009-04-2007/FP07-25,%20Boonville%20Town%20pg%201-2.pdf
waterchick
Sign on Texas Ave says Kohl's is opening Sept. 30 w/ Grand Opening Oct. 3. Hopefully I'm not the Last Person on Earth to Figure That Out.

Also: went by Gattiland (CS) yesterday and it's open. Didn't someone post on this thread or another that it was closed/closing/for lease?
AgDotCom
quote:
IPC of Aggieland is building a driving range and 3-par golf course on Jones-Butler Rd

You can remove this one. Trust me on this.

Again, great work on the summary. It just keeps getting better and better.
txdragonfly
AG
Nothing gets removed (though maybe I should eventually start an archive of stuff that was coming and has opened or was coming and got shelved (IPC, Boonville Station, etc.) to keep the list clean.

I did update IPC's entry, though. As well as Kohl's.
txdragonfly
AG
Updated Michaels listing. They're opening Sep 30.
51Merc-98Ag
AG
It doesn't fit the 'business' section - but there is a new traffic light location at the Walmart in Bryan.

For those that care.

---------------------------------------------------
Americans for Fair Taxation!
Jock 07
AG
Any updates on Hooters?
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm hearing that both Wal-Mart and Lowe's have pulled out of the Tower Point project at Green's Prairie and 6. Trying to nail down something more.
us1ag
Lowe's has a contract in to go on the Northeast corner of Greens Prarie and 6, right behind the McDonald's-Exxon
lockett93
AG
St. Joe's is having a ground breaking ceremony on the NE corner of 6 and Fitch today or tomorrow, big tent setup, etc.

Don't know if there is room for a Lowes and St. Joe's, but I would welcome Lowes.

Also glad to hear about Walmart pulling out of the NW corner, I would rather have an HEB or Super Target.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Lowe's and St. Joes are going on the NEC. Wal*Mart is officially on hold for the NWC.

The developer (of the NWC) is saying that he is working with HEB, but HEB is saying that they are 3-4 years away from putting another store in the market. I tend to believe HEB over the developer.

I don't think that Target would open two new stores in BCS so close together.
Expert Analysis
AG
Tried looking throug the summary but didn't find any info.

What is going in just north of Olive Garden? Looks likey they are preparing a couple spots.
us1ag
St Joe's is locating slightly North of Lowe's. Lowe's is on a different parcel.

NTB (National Tire and Battery) is going just North of Olive Garden
txdragonfly
AG
Nothing on the list about it. I noticed the clearing last week, but the only signs I saw said that the land was for sale. Maybe Chip or rcj knows?
Fleen
Chip, any ETA on that Lowes? I'll wait another 3 years for a HEB over a Wal-Mart...
Nom de Plume
AG
HEB is still at least two years from a store opening in south CS. Right now, odds are it will be at RP/6.

Even the folks at HEB haven't decided where and when.
us1ag
Lowe's wants to be open august 08
snicks
HEB execs were scheduled to tour several locations in CS, but the trip was cancelled because of the hurricane that was suppose to hit south Texas.
Expert Analysis
AG
today was the first time I have actually seen work going for Eccell Steakhouse
Nom de Plume
AG
quote:
HEB execs were scheduled to tour several locations in CS, but the trip was cancelled because of the hurricane that was suppose to hit south Texas.

They were here.

Hopefully you were just joking. It's a 30 min jet ride from SA. They weren't even gone a half day.

[This message has been edited by 99_aggie_grad (edited 9/27/2007 9:03a).]
aggiewholikestorun
One of the severs at Cafe Eccell told me that the steakhouse was pretty far behind becasue of material shortages. They are thinking a Jan-Feb opening now.
51Merc-98Ag
AG
Not sure which section this falls under, but:

Girls Gone Wild bus spotted in town.

Currently parked at Holiday Inn Express.

hth

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.