Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mission to light the letters!

77,734 Views | 895 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cdowl38
bmart97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BQZip01
AG
Texags: We light stuff up!

...no, wait a minute. That didn't quite come out the way I wanted...
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Kampfers - if you can get the Batt to do an article, get them to hold off until we are approved for donations and put it in the article - will help get the word out to the student body about buying the Ts or just donating.

Yeah, talked to her, unfortunately she doesn't work for the batt anymore, she's switched over to the yearbook. Someone might be able to get some luck sending in a mail call or guest article, or alternatively phoning in the story idea to one of their writers.
TamuKid
AG
shirts should be grey IMO...no one likes white shirts, grey and maroon looks sharp
AggieBill005
AG
quote:
Maybe after the lights we could contract Gatorade to do us some maroon water coolers... j/k

HA! Funny stuff, but you never know.
FtLauderdaleAg91
AG
An idea from another post:

I want to see a giant backlit A&M baseball cap hung on the K that always stays lit except we do a yell or fight song or national anthem. Maybe even a giant hand that would reach up and grab it off the K so as to uncover. This mighty hand and cap would forever relieve the terrible burden of uncovering from generations of Ags to come while lighting the letters at the same time. We could have bake sales and basketball dance team oil wrestling matches to raise money for the project. Between the giant hat serving as a beacon for people to find there way to the stadium and eliminating the horrible sense of dread that so many are forced to endure with the hats always going off and on and off and on, we'd probably come close to selling the place out!
AggieBill005
AG
quote:
shirts should be grey IMO...no one likes white shirts, grey and maroon looks sharp

I agree, but there are several issues to consider.

1. White shirts are generally cheaper than grey or maroon shirts.

2. If a colored shirt is done(maroon or grey), then another color (white) will need be added to the screen. As is, the screen consists of one color (maroon) because the white in the design is accounted for by the white of the shirt. If a colored shirt is used, white will have to be added as well, thus a two color screen.

Maroon on grey would looks awesome, and depending on what kind of deal could be worked up with the vendor it may be possible. I just ordered shirts for my work and in getting pricing, it was (on average) it was $1-2 to upgrade to a colored shirt and an additional 50cent-$1 for each extra screen color.

Again, if a bunch of shirts can be ordered at once (500? 1000?) then the vendor (I am guessing in CS, likely CC creations?) may give a break...
hangdog
How much does glow-in-the-dark paint cost?
MaroonStain
AG
"Texags - we light up stuff" made me laugh.

ttt
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Hypercolor t-shirts!
AggieBill005
AG
never had a hypercolor shirt...
hangdog
I think Spreadsheet is on to something here.
BQ 99
quote:
Yeah, talked to her, unfortunately she doesn't work for the batt anymore, she's switched over to the yearbook. Someone might be able to get some luck sending in a mail call or guest article, or alternatively phoning in the story idea to one of their writers.

any current students want to take this over to the Batt?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Battalion Contact Site
Visor Guy
AG
Update from Bill Byrne:

Kevin, here’s the latest information from our facilities folk.  As you can see, it might max out at around $150,000.  That’s a lot of t-shirts, but we’d be happy to replace the letters once you raise the money.  If you’re really successful selling shirts, we could also use help in replacing the fascia on the student side of Kyle, signage in the indoor facilities and the new basketball venue.  We had to cut signage out of those two new buildings because of cost overruns.  Appreciate your help.  bill

Mon Dow 2000
AG
$150,000/$20 = 7,500 donations.

I am ready. Where can I send my $20. You can keep the t-shirt.
TexasAggie2006
Bregxit
AG
Hell I'll donate AND buy a t-shirt.
Bregxit
AG
By the way on pfidr's site, in the Current Stage section 3rd paragraph, BB's last name is misspelled.
Visor Guy
AG
Do we think we could collect that amount off pledges of $20 or do we need to do a mix of that and shirt sales?
Mon Dow 2000
AG
You will need both. I live here and have more TAMU t-shirts than I will ever be able to wear. Every $$$ donation moves us closer to the goal.

7,499 donations to go.
Visor Guy
AG
I saw the battalion had a story of an Ag that started up his own tshirt company. I do think CC might be the best bet but we will need someone to front this endeavor or sponsor it as their donation.
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
rdi1984
AG
I'll give $20 bucks to light er up. If i get a t-shirt, great, if not...so be it but i would love to see this happen just so TexAgs can take credit.
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
Angry Beaver
AG
Count me in
MaroonStain
AG
BOLD STICKY BOLD STICKY
R-TownAg
AG
Count me in for a shirt, and as I said in a previous post. I'm available to help sell these shirts on campus if needed.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Count me in (and probably my wife, and the rest of my family)...
blumby
AG
I thought of a way to get the word spread once donations are able to be made. There are 86 A&M clubs around the country and 122 within Texas alone. I found a page on the AFS site that's got email addresses for most of the club presidents.
Texas: http://www.aggienetwork.com/Clubs/club_listing.aspx?v=tx
National: http://www.aggienetwork.com/Clubs/club_listing.aspx?v=nat

Someone could email these club presidents and kindly ask to pass on the word on to club members. I know it's a lot of presidents but we could divide it up among a few guys if they wanted to do it. I'll volunteer to do part or all of it once everything is established and if people think it's a good idea.
Visor Guy
AG
Great idea blumby. This would be a way to get some preorders to measure success of the shirt orders.
AgGrad99
AG
FYI-

There are countless sites online, that offer promotional items with 100 different types of T-Shirts to choose from.

Many offer free shipping for large orders.

With out a doubt, I'd compare any pricing you receive from a local company, with a few of the online vendors.

If you need my help, let me know, I've used several in the past, and can check them out for you.
AgGrad99
AG

Since Bill Byrne is assisting, perhaps he'd allow for a booth set up outside of Kyle Field....by the fan zone?
Mon Dow 2000
AG
I plan on e-mailing my Ag buddies as soon as the group is ready to launch. I do not really want to send this out until they can go the site and buy a t-shirt or donate.
blumby
AG
quote:
Since Bill Byrne is assisting, perhaps he'd allow for a booth set up outside of Kyle Field....by the fan zone?
I was thinking about this as well. Have something set up and allow people to get info, buy a shirt, or donate. It'd be cool to have a sign that had maroon KYLE FIELD letters that was backlit to get people's attention.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.