Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mission to light the letters!

77,781 Views | 895 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cdowl38
AggieBill005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
The price he quoted for the grey single color front and back was $3.17 each on Gildan pre-shunk cotton. That was with an order of 10,000 shirts.

Unless the group gets a contract with a company, those prices are too low because shirts will probably be ordered in groups of 500-1000. A company MAY give that kind of a discount if a contract is signed stating that when future orders are placed, they will be done through that company at a specified price...

I dunno... just thoughts.
tamuaggie11
AG
I have a friend who (I think...) knows the owner of a company in Houston that makes shirts. My friends have used that company for several separate orders of shirts that turned out great. I could try to get a quote from them if you guys would like. I can't remember if my friend got a price cut by knowing them, but I can certainly find out.
nactownag
AG
Anyone thought about the idea of getting sponsors for the tshirts. That can help subsidize the cost.
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
tamuaggie11
AG
Sponsorship would be a great way to go. You could put the sponsors beneath the picture of kyle on the back of the shirt.
Skull Session
Will any shirts be available @ the OSU game?
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
Ellis Wyatt
quote:
Unless the group gets a contract with a company, those prices are too low because shirts will probably be ordered in groups of 500-1000. A company MAY give that kind of a discount if a contract is signed stating that when future orders are placed, they will be done through that company at a specified price...
That's why I posted the 10,000 figure.

I gave pfidr the shirt guy's info, so he can give the guy specifics on what he wants and get more accurate quotes.
Mon Dow 2000
AG
I think setting up a 501(c) is going to take alot longer than you think. Maybe the group should consider setting up the account for cash donations through AFS and give them some money for their trouble if we exceed the $150K. t-shirt money can be set up to go to a LLC.
MaroonStain
AG
I say forge ahead with what we started. If this item was important to other entities then it would already be done. It's not. We are going to do it. This will work. It will be done.

If we surpass this amount and continue to grow, then we move onto another project.
TxLawDawg
AggieBill005
AG
quote:
If we surpass this amount and continue to grow, then we move onto another project.

I laughed at the prospect of a group of alumni taking the concession stand situation into their own hands!!!

"Ag for concessions - just because the team sucks, doesn't mean the food has too!"

... I keeeed...

[This message has been edited by AggieBill005 (edited 10/8/2009 8:59p).]
MaroonStain
AG
DID THAT POST JUST HAPPEN. That is a good point.

I would jump the bench and start running concessions on the West 2nd deck South End just to get those helpful, cheery but annoying nimrods to stop screaming "Correct Change! Woooo!" then doing a twirl.

Get me some real nachos. Better syrup / soda mix on the cokes.

...I'll stop. You hit a sore spot....
cgttexas399
S
Weren't there about 15-20 people that got laid off from their jobs in the athletic department this summer. You're seriously saying that we should raise money for this?
Javelina
AG
What's your point? And why can't people raise money for whatever they want.
MaroonStain
AG
cgttexas...18000 views and a couple of dissenters or Devil's advocates are not going to stop...well...anything...

The 1st Amendment is good though and your input is valued.
AggieBill005
AG
Got a quote from TexasScreen in Houston. They quoted $3.00 per shirt (for 500 shirts) and that includes a screen on the front and the back. This is also for the maroon on white.

Just fyi.
phatbc
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT
p_bubel
quote:
Weren't there about 15-20 people that got laid off from their jobs in the athletic department this summer. You're seriously saying that we should raise money for this?
Yep.
wee_ag
AG
AFK name logo:
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
AggieBill005
AG
looks awesome weeag
Nitro Power
AG
quote:
I was thinking $10 for the shirts... $12 shipped in the 48 states

This will not work..you will have to charge more than $2
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
AggieBill005
AG
pfidr:
Would you be willing to ship on a need by need basis?

I know shipping is a hassle, but I am not sure what the out of state interest will be (e.g. the Kansas City A&M Club). Personally, I live in Kansas and am not planning a trip back to TX until X-mas... of course I plan to buy several shirts...
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
dustinwill
I havent read the entire thread, but the company I work for does almost all of the lighting for A&M. If help is needed in the design or any other aspect of lighting, justlet me know, and I should be able to help.
cmatm14
AG
Does anyone have a picture of the letters lit up?

Also, I know someone mentioned having the five largest donors recognized on the field; IMO this is a great idea as long as we can get backing from the university.

I have some contacts in the athletic department at A&M, let me know if you want to try and move forward with this.
cmatm14
AG

[This message has been edited by cmatm14 (edited 10/9/2009 9:01a).]
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Does anyone have a picture of the letters lit up?

see page 2
cmatm14
AG
Thanks, looks great.
BTHOTCU
So I might have missed this idea, but could you sell memberships into Ags for Kyle? Not sure about the legal ramifications of a not for profit selling memberships, but this could be a way to not only light up the letters, but also have funds available for other projects. Just wondering. I'm totally on board and can't wait to order my shirt!
JoeAG
AG
ttt
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
saber69

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.