Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mission to light the letters!

77,745 Views | 895 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cdowl38
SomeRandomAg#2580
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Removed by staff
Aggienk

Well done. Although I think the slogans on the back may need tweaking.
R-TownAg
AG
Awesome idea, the magic of TexAgs at it's finest.

As for the white shirt I think the beacon quote could be the slogan.
AginKS
Pfider34 Quote:
Tell me her vote... I can manually add it
------------------------------
She likes #5… went back to the page, but no option to vote again. Shut down Mozilla and cleared history/cache etc, went back – same deal. So her vote is public I guess. She said she’s a sucker for the all maroon shirt and simple/straight forward message on the front.

She also said thanks for helping her/us with voting.

I’m still amazed how fast this all got traction!!! But then, we’re Ags. You guys are doing a great job!!

For God, country, and A&M
psteffy
AG
"Well done. Although I think the slogans on the back may need tweaking."

They're just place holders. Obviously, thats not the slogan that would be used.
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
AggieBill005
AG
pfidr:
Has anyone stepped up to pay for the domain name? $10 for the year? If not, I'll cover...
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
R-TownAg
AG
I would also be more than willing to help sell the t-shirts on campus.
AggieBill005
AG
pfidr-
Done. Made it an even 10 for my accounting purposes.

You are doing a huge chunk of the work - happy to help out.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
My wife liked #4 the best and "Beacon in the night"... if you wanted a female's opinion...

I'll have the rest of my family weigh in tonight when I go over their for the game
hbc07
AG
quote:
They have not. You can purchase it from www.dreamhost.com or if you want to make it easy, paypal $9.95 to donations @ light-the-letters . com

Also, would you like to be credited for donating the domain?

i would advise against buying at dreamhost. i would buy from godaddy, and then set it up with dreamhost.

just because from past experiences dreamhost will hold domain names hostage if you ever try to leave. (maybe wouldn't be a problem for this though)
Longstreet
Wow, this thread has gotten pretty darn cool pretty darn quick! One gets the feeling that this time something might get done. In time for t.u. this year? (Might as well aim high.)

psteffy, that Kyle Field artwork is great! Spare, clean, and classic.

LED's would be cool. The cost up front would be higher, but I would think maintenance and energy savings would recoup that money pretty quickly. I know the LED's on our ambulances are rock solid, and they take a lot of abuse.

Will have my family vote on the design, if they get back from camping in time. The boys will be wanting some tees...
AggieBill005
AG
After last night, this thing got buried.

ttt
R-TownAg
AG
Yea, this thing needs to be put back on the first page.

ttt
wee_ag
AG
ttt
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
Aggie1205
AggieBill005
AG
GREAT!!!
Visor Guy
AG
Waiting to hear what the AD's office has to say on Tuesday per earlier posted email. I will advise.
brazosgraphics
Final numbers will be in today on the LED option and turned in to the AD - right now looks like they will be well under $100k...
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
Bucketrunner
These shirts would make great Christmas gifts even if the lights are completed before then. Just a thought . . . .
psteffy
AG
Updated graphics should be done later today!

Until then, does anyone know a writer for the Batt? An article on this project, its grassroots start, and information about the shirts will greatly help the cause. When I was a student, a group I was in had an article published by basically writing it ourselves with all the information available. Then the writer just took what she needed and made it her own. She was thankful for not having to research all that much and we were glad to have something printed. Maybe something similar could happen here.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
As soon as psteffy sends me the updated graphics I will post them and we can start talking to shirt makers... anyone know one?

CC Creations has been pretty reasonable in the past, depending on the number you make you can make a fair profit, I've never ordered more than 100 shirts from them though.

quote:
Until then, does anyone know a writer for the Batt? An article on this project, its grassroots start, and information about the shirts will greatly help the cause. When I was a student, a group I was in had an article published by basically writing it ourselves with all the information available. Then the writer just took what she needed and made it her own. She was thankful for not having to research all that much and we were glad to have something printed. Maybe something similar could happen here.

I know the person who was the summer editor in chief, I'll give her a call and see if she still writes for them. AFAIK her last article was published 8/26/09 so I'll keep the fingers crossed.

[This message has been edited by Kampfers (edited 10/5/2009 11:21a).]
Ellis Wyatt
As a Horn, I would buy a shirt. I well remember seeing Kyle Field illuminated in the distance at night. Always thought it was a cool site.

Seems like the mid-90s is the last time I can remember seeing it. I was surprised to hear the letters weren't lit anymore.
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
aggiecullen
AG
looks good
hoosieraggie
S
I take it they will be white on maroon, correct?
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
E K Gill
AG
File this under ridiculously picky (but since you asked) ...
quote:
What do you guys think?

I'd change the Kyle Field, A Beacon in the Night to Kyle Field: A Beacon in the Night (with a colon following Kyle Field, rather than a comma).

They look great -- nice work!
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
hoosieraggie
S
Concur with EKGILL... colon instead of comma
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.