Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mission to light the letters!

77,787 Views | 895 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cdowl38
Orome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
whoa just found this topic can someone give me a brief summary of whats happened up to this point? please and tia!
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
Mon Dow 2000
AG
Done
spadilly
S
i'm in for $20 donation, plus at least 2 shirts...
spadilly
S
oh...and you now have 998 fans on facebook
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
tamuaggie11
AG
Only thing I can suggest is that when you navigate away from the home page (ie to corporate sponsors, etc.), it is a bit confusing to get back to that home page. I would make another link at the bottom on the far left navigating to "Home."
AggieBill005
AG
Morgan:
A few TexAgs posters have been gearing up to help relight Kyle Field's letters. They used to light up at night but have been damaged by the various critters that inhabit Kyle.

In the past week a T-shirt design has been developed and website has been set up. There is also correspondence with BB and some lawyers to make sure this is done correctly.

It sounds like the target goal is 150k...

Hope that is an adequate summary
tamuaggie11
AG
Based on the previous post, we need to make sure whatever new lights we get are critter-proof, weather-proof, and sun-proof to minimize maintenance costs and to maximize the lifespan of the lights. In other words, better to wait on construction and save up a little extra if it will provide a better, longer-lasting setup.
wee_ag
AG
Hey pfidr, sorry for the absence. A couple of minor things, the maroon lettering for the links/email addresses is hard to see against the dark gray background, also, the header is a bit, um, boring... If you don't mind, I'm playing around with some header ideas.

I was also thinking of maybe creating an Ags For Kyle logo if I get a chance in the next couple of days.

Anyway, just a couple of little things that shouldn't hold anything up.
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
blumby
AG
I agree with wee_ag, the maroon links can be hard to see on the dark background... Also I think the horizontal menu should be at the top under the Kyle Field logo so you don't have to scroll down the bottom to navigate, but that's just me... also I agree about the text above the picture... that picture should be kind of be a part of a logo... I've got some ideas too that I'll work on
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Suggestion to fix coloring? lighter background?

Well, black would work... it's just boring. You could also try a white background.
Kampfers
AG
Black blackgrounds convey the "I'm trying to be cool" and unprofessional look that we should really stay away from if we want to get widespread recognition. I'd recommend going with a lighter gray, similar to the background of texags when you click "post a reply".

Other than that, having the donations button down so far seems a poor idea, but it works. I'm not partial to having such a large header which is what forces it down, but the picture of Kyle Field is really to wide to put it in a column.

If you need HTML help let me know, I've got a copy of dreamweaver which can do just about anything, lol
blumby
AG
I seem to be having a rough time with my image editing programs, so I'm a no go there... I did send you an email about a menu concept though!
wee_ag
AG
quick header ideas:

Let me know if you like or not and if any edits.
AFK logo will be forthcoming in the next day or so.
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
Kampfers
AG
#2 looks awesome imo, #1 doesn't really convey the lit letters
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Done, I dont like it, but what do you think?

The gray looks good, the white text might be a bit much though. I like the menu at the bottom, but there needs to be one at the top, underneath the header I suggested earlier.
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
Kampfers
AG
Looks great, and yeah bigger gutters. Then throw the menu up top as well as at the bottom and you're golden.
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
Kampfers
AG
Corporate sponsors link at the top header doesn't work. Then you just need to translate that template over to the other pages.

As far as gutters go, I really don't know. They look good right now though.

[This message has been edited by Kampfers (edited 10/7/2009 8:59p).]
kangsta
i'm sure $Bill could just ask DeLoss for the $150k. Texas has lots of extra cash laying around
AginKS
Several things:
1. AWESOME job guys!!!!!
2. The wife says the 2nd header is the best (in her humble opinion)
3. Light gray background on website is nice
4. That gray T-shirt looks really nice, we're getting at least 3 (maybe 6) when available
5. Again... great job guys!!

For God, country, and A&M
stillmerk
AG
Shirts look awesome too.
Raggy09
AG
STAFF STICKY!!!!

Most. Awesome. Thread. Ever.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
One small thing is to use the word "donor" instead of "donator" on the donations page.
AggieBill005
AG
Header 2!
BwdohertyAG08
AG
I am amazed by the effort and will be happy to donate some money from my poor law student budget!
All this needs is publicity and should be accomplished fairly quickly with all these great AGs getting everything rolling.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
keep it up fellas
psteffy
AG
pfidr34, great work on the site!

now, i cut a corner on the shirt graphics and thought i could get away with it... but, now that I see it on the site it bugs me. i'll be sending you updated ones tomorrow

tamuaggie11
AG
Another thing to think about:

Right now, you have at least 4 emails listed on the site (3 of which are listed on the contact us page). I would cut down on that number of email addresses maybe. People could become confused which email to send to and it could become a pain for you in trying to keep them all separate; especially when you start receiving donation emails at the info email address or at the site admin address. If you DONT eliminate any of the emails, you should still add "crew" to the contact us page to have them all in one place.
tamuaggie11
AG
Maybe add a quote from Bill supporting our efforts beneath a picture of him on the sponsors page. Would make the website seem much more official. Only with Bill's permission, of course. I think it would help potential donors feel as though they are donating to a real and significant cause.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.