Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mission to light the letters!

77,740 Views | 895 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cdowl38
FiredUpAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have always maintained that a collection at the gates, or in the stadium, or as we all leave Kyle would raise $100K quickly if the cause was right... If everyone gave a buck or so... If us old Ags dropped a $10 or $20, a few others with $5, and everybody just dropped their change and $1's in a bucket it would be huge amounts of immediate cash...

I was at the A&M/Clemson game in South Carolina after Katrina and they had a student organization with buckets collecting tons of cash at every entrance/exit... quick and easy... Given the 75K+ that will attend the rest of the games, with permission from the school and athletic department, I think the $$$ could be solved without any HUGE single donations... True to the Aggie Spirit, we all do our part and it would happen...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
bamdvm:

according to this thread from 2003, one poster who started school in 1985 said they were on the whole time he was there, and one poster who was class of 1997 said he didn't know they existed...

SOOOO

That put's it between 1988 and 1994...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I came to this party a little late but if you REALLY want to stick out go with a t-shirt design like this:

wee_ag
AG
Another stab at a t-shirt design...

SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
wurmhole
AG
quote:
one poster who was class of 1997 said he didn't know they existed...

I'm '00 and I recall the lights early in my time here.
psteffy
AG
This is a crude, low-res idea.

The thinking was this:

1. There are already plenty of white/blue/gray/maroon shirts on campus. A bright yellow shirt is going to get attention and hopefully more people buying it. It also plays off the idea of light.

2. People will need to know where to buy the shirt. If Loupot's/AO/Etc. let us sell them there for no profit, we can put their name on the shirt for free advertising. (this isnt necessary if we get approval to sell shirts at a table in rudder plaza)

3. This needs to be a female friendly shirt. I know this may not be the exact style most of here would wear, but if girls won't wear this it won't catch on.

4. There needs to be a quick slogan that explains what the goal is and that its grassroots. Last thing we need is someone asking what lights need to be lit.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r194/psteffy/light_the_letters.png

[This message has been edited by psteffy (edited 10/2/2009 8:51p).]
psteffy
AG
apparently, i can't post pictures...

link to picture:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r194/psteffy/light_the_letters.png

can someone post it properly for me?
wee_ag
AG
for the rook

psteffy: Those are some good thoughts on the shirt. I understand the thought about a different color, but I'm not sure an alternate color would sell as well as maroon - especially when it's directed at the football crowd.

I like the idea of a slogan as well if the shirt's not self explanatory.

As for the female friendly design, do the Maroon Out shirts come in men's and women's? I know they sale tons of those.

I do like the artwork for Kyle Field... where'd you get it or is it a personal design? I was going to make a KF logo and that's the style I was shooting for.

(you have a limit of 5 posts per day as a rookie so you can edit your post above if needed)

[This message has been edited by wee_ag (edited 10/2/2009 8:04p).]
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
psteffy
AG
Thanks for posting the pic wee_ag

The drawing of kyle field was just something I did in photoshop really quick.

I still think the design needs to be at least female friendly and more than simple text. Maroon Out shirts are an exception imo to every other shirt for sale. No matter what, everyone buys one.
I was thinking about the hurricane ike shirts and every fish camp shirt. Gender neutral (leans toward being more feminine) in both cases and wildly popular.

As for colors, I know yellow is not going to be everyone's taste. No matter what color is chosen for whatever design is agreed upon, it must stand out. Think of how many maroon and white shirts you see inbetween classes. There are just too many to actually look at each. Something different will garner more attention and hopefully more sales (which is the point, right?)
Scotch
AG
I posted in the 2006 thread that I did not remember the lights, but when I saw this thread in 2009 I vividly remembered seeing the KYLE FIELD sign lit up when coming home from Austin and San Antonio.

yikes
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
AginKS
cr06gis Quote:
my family has a ranch in medicine lodge

half my family is in wichita/andover
------------
Cool… I’m 30 minutes east of ML. I work from home – but sometimes my wife drives me to the office in Wichita. Been through Andover; people were very nice (helpful with directions) and my wife said it’s a pretty town. Hope they are doing well!! Are they Aggies too?

AggieBill005 Quote:
Lawrence. Drive into KC for work a few times a week while my wife is attending graduate school. Nice town...

Hoping to touch base with the KC A&M club...
-------------
Never been to Lawrence – although I hear east Kansas is beautiful. Just the mention of KC and I’m thinking of really good ribs (with a Shiner of course). Hope you find that A&M club there. I’m still trying to find the one here in Wichita. I live between Rago and Spivey. The population of both doesn’t come to 100. I hope the same is true of Arkie’s offensive production tomorrow.

For God, country, and A&M
lknapp
lknapp
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
MaroonStain
AG
Let's do NOT reproduce efforts.

There is a Facebook group. 'Kyle Field - Light the Letters'

Need final t-shirt design, estimated costs, trademark privilege, input from University about contribution of funds...

... secondly BTHO Arkansas!!!
MaroonStain
AG
Reproducing efforts results 'Rocket' yells, stomping bleaches, and 'Wrecking Crew' yells five to fifteen years too late.

We are aiming for take-off to occur before the t.u. game at the latest. <----REINFORCEMENT
MaroonStain
AG
Additional thoughts...

Web page needs slight adjustments.

Crop the picture to enhance the intent.

Get rid of the fat of the web page.

Where is the PayPal link?

Need a maroon border with gray background. KISS - Kiss It Simple, Stupid.
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
MaroonStain
AG
pfid, what is your email addy?

I got some input from a close, savvy web person.
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
Randy03
AG
Ummm just a thing .. BB IS the AD there kiddo ..
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
AginKS
Just voted. Hard to choose... will have to use the other computer so my wife can vote.

Wife says they look great. I like shirts that have all the message on the front so folks don't have to try and see what's on the back (just my humble opinion).

For God, country, and A&M
AggieBill005
AG
Voted!

quote:

quote:slogan that everyone can get behind

One poster came up with "Kyle Field, A beacon in the dark(ness)"

My personal favorite...
frisco09
AG
Just Voted! Hope this happens...
AggieBill005
AG
Has anyone posted this on the GB????
AggieBill005
AG
Then again... should this be posted on other forums?
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
Removed by staff
LeftyHound
AG

FTW
AggieBill005
AG
Sounds good pfidr...

Extremely impressed with all of this... will be very glad to support this cause.
p_bubel
Excellent.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.